Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 17, 2020
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition (Pre-order will be live on October 18 around 12 PM, UK time)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £49.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £39.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition Contains:
Maleficent 2 : zavvi exclusive SteelBook
Dramatic high quality leatherette slip case with embossed feather texture and gold leaf finish on Maleficent’s iconic horns.
Each Limited to only 1000 units worldwide

12331219-1814726437538011.jpg 12337278-7794726438182459.jpg
12331219-2064726437578838.jpg 12331219-1454726437619845.jpg 12337278-7424726438221144.jpg 12337278-1084726438259379.jpg
12331218-1564713920446563.jpg 12337277-2644714181162694.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mkdfan
Some people are incredibly impatient.

I assume the people who are mad at a small delay have never ordered outside their country. Or from a premium retailer. Or vinyl from overseas (or zavvi). Or a statue from iron studios for example.

there’s a worldwide pandemic going on with people dying, flights grounded, people quarantined and a week delay on a film has bothered you. I wouldn’t be surprised if the delay is to do with that as I doubt the box will be made in the U.K.
The other collectors editions weren’t delayed so it could be that.

Last edited:
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Some people are incredibly impatient.

I assume the people who are mad at a small delay have never ordered outside their country. Or from a premium retailer. Or vinyl from overseas (or zavvi). Or a statue from iron studios for example.

there’s a world epidemic going on with people dying, flights grounded, people quarantined and a week delay on a film has bothered you. I wouldn’t be surprised if the delay is to do with that as I doubt the box will be made in the U.K.
The other collectors editions weren’t delayed so it could be that.
Yup. Even Coke supply is under threat as Coca-Cola get their sweeteners from China and nothing's moving from there at the minute.....

Reactions: Flloydo
Yup. Even Coke supply is under threat as Coca-Cola get their sweeteners from China and nothing's moving from there at the minute.....

Brilliant example. I mean there’s more important things on hold or delayed or in short supply but brilliant example haha

That's a 'Pandemic' by the way!! :thumbs: :spoil:

Lol. Yeah that one

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just opened this little Steelbook yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised:)

The Spot Gloss front and back is a nice touch. Also the debossed title very classy. I love it.

Watched the 3D version and it is a very nice viewing of the movie. The movie is Definitely not as strong as the first one, but I am not surprised as the 1st one imo is simply superb.

This little gem is worth owning:D

Reactions: WKRP and DMD4k
Spoken to Zavvi again regarding the CE. This time I managed to speak to Tonicha who, in the past, has always been very helpful

She's chased the item up and has promised that they will be issuing an email in the coming days with an update. I'm not sure if this will be a personal email to myself or if they'll now do an email to everyone but I'll post the update when I get it

This is the update received

We really regret that your order for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil - Zavvi Exclusive Collector’s Edition Steelbook 3D Steelbook (Includes 2D Blu-ray) has not yet been shipped due to a further delay by the manufacturer. We expect the item to be shipped on or before the week from 20/04/2020.

Fingers crossed anyway. At least we have an idea of the date. No excuse still for Zavvi's handling of it

• Thanks
Reactions: spookz
We really regret that your order for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil - Zavvi Exclusive Collector’s Edition Steelbook 3D Steelbook (Includes 2D Blu-ray) has not yet been shipped due to a further delay by the manufacturer. We expect the item to be shipped on or before the week from 20/04/2020.

Fingers crossed anyway. At least we have an idea of the date. No excuse still for Zavvi's handling of it

Surprised they didn't blame it on the corona virus, everyone else is

Just had an email to say that the CE has been delayed until the 18th May
Yep same. And for Frozen 2.

This overkill lockdown will see streaming emerge as the default. And that’s fine. I’ll just keep collecting till there’s nothing else to collect :whistle:

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil - Zavvi Exclusive Collector’s Edition Steelbook 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (Includes 2D Blu-ray) is on special order for you with our supplier, we expect your order to be dispatched on or before week commencing 08/06/2020.

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil - Zavvi Exclusive Collector’s Edition Steelbook 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (Includes 2D Blu-ray) is on special order for you with our supplier, we expect your order to be dispatched on or before week commencing 08/06/2020.
Where did you get that update from?
I chased last Monday, got a generic answer then questioned again for a proper update and they said they'd raise it with their department and should have an update in 3-5 days but not heard anything yet

It'd be great if that is the new date but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up