Mallrats (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 27, 2023
Purchase links: Arrow Video - Amazon - DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video - Zavvi USA
Price: $35.00 (Arrow Video) - TBA (Amazon) - $32.99 (DiabolikDVD - Grindhouse Video) - $34.99 (Zavvi USA)

338831013_549431773994752_6091926494989159538_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sinusR2
  • 4K restoration by Arrow Films of both the Theatrical and Extended cuts of the film, approved by director Kevin Smith and cinematographer David Klein
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on all cuts
  • Audio commentary on the Theatrical version and and other cut with director Kevin Smith, producer Scott Mosier, archivist Vincent Pereira, and actors Jason Lee, Ben Affleck, and Jason Mewes
  • Introduction to the film by Kevin Smith
  • My Mallrat Memories, an interview with Kevin Smith
  • Tribute to producer Jim Jacks by Kevin Smith
  • Interview with actor Jason Mewes
  • Interview with Cinematographer David Klein
  • Hollywood of the North, an animated making-of documentary featuring Minnesota crew members who worked on the film
  • Deleted Scenes, Kevin Smith and Vincent Pereira discuss deleted scenes and sequences originally cut from the film
  • Outtakes and behind the scenes footage
  • Cast interviews from the original set
  • Erection of an Epic: The making of Mallrats, an archival retrospective with cast and crew looking at the making and release of the film
  • Q&A with Kevin Smith, archival Q&A filmed for the 10th anniversary
  • ‘Build Me Up Buttercup’ music video
  • Still galleries
  • Archival introduction to the extended cut by Kevin Smith and Scott Mossier
  • Soundtrack EPK
  • Dailies
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Easter eggs
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Philip Kemp
  • Fold out poster featuring replica blueprints for ‘Operation Drive-by’ and ‘Operation Dark Knight’
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Robert Sammelin

Reactions: sinusR2
I still dont get this movie, anything Kevin smith has created I dont understand the hype.
I still dont even understand why he is famous, and trying to get an answer on reddit is just as hard

'He's just likeable"
' he is a 90s darling'
' his scripts are almost Shakespearean'
' his scripts are witty'

no he is not, he is none of those

There will also be a Arrow USA Store Exclusive with magic eye artwork slipcover

I will post details later in thread for that release

I still dont get this movie, anything Kevin smith has created I dont understand the hype.
I still dont even understand why he is famous, and trying to get an answer on reddit is just as hard

'He's just likeable"
' he is a 90s darling'
' his scripts are witty'

Im just gonna go with I think his movies are hilarious. But Chasing Amy and Clerks (all 3) are surprisingly good at pulling on the heart strings

Im just gonna go with I think his movies are hilarious. But Chasing Amy and Clerks (all 3) are surprisingly good at pulling on the heart strings
Clerks, I still don't get I'm not even gonna bother watching 2 or 3 if the first sucked
I didn't laugh during Mallrats or clerks didn't find it amusing whatsoever, I only seen parts of Chasing Amy but didn't care for it either

bad acting, cringe script , the guy jason something was drunk during this scene

I loved this movie when I was in my 20s.
I loathe this movie now I'm past 40.

Just shows you how generational movies can be. Especially Kevin Smiths. This one of his is especially awful. I still like Chasing Amy somewhat, even though Ben Affleck is major douchebag in the film and in irl.

Clerks, I still don't get I'm not even gonna bother watching 2 or 3 if the first sucked
I didn't laugh during Mallrats or clerks didn't find it amusing whatsoever, I only seen parts of Chasing Amy but didn't care for it either

bad acting, cringe script , the guy jason something was drunk during this scene

Opinions Vary.

I loved this movie when I was in my 20s.
I loathe this movie now I'm past 40.

Just shows you how generational movies can be. Especially Kevin Smiths. This one of his is especially awful. I still like Chasing Amy somewhat, even though Ben Affleck is major douchebag in the film and in irl.
I try to separate actors from their work as much as I can. I love a lot of movies Ben Affleck has been in and if I cared about what kind of person he actually was in real life it would just annoy me.

It can get more complicated when actors actually do really bad things, Kevin Spacey for example. But what I am supposed to do, never watch anything with him in it?

Reactions: TheWildEye
I try to separate actors from their work as much as I can. I love a lot of movies Ben Affleck has been in and if I cared about what kind of person he actually was in real life it would just annoy me.

It can get more complicated when actors actually do really bad things, Kevin Spacey for example. But what I am supposed to do, never watch anything with him in it?
No one said don't watch his films. Don't be daft. I still like Chasing Amy.
Ben Afflecks character does present himself as a major dick in Chasing Amy. You've got to admit. Makes me think he really didn't have to do any acting at all.
Even though Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer are involved in The Usual Suspects doesn't make any difference, it's a great film despite real life convictions and allegedly abhorrent actions in real life.
Ben Affleck is a good actor and a pretty good director, but unfortunately where there's smoke there's fire and he's represented in the press and via other reputable sources as a misogynistic piece of trash. There always some truth somewhere. Just read any of Jennifer Garners many tweets and interviews.
I'll never not watch a film because of life actions, it's nonsense otherwise. What's the point. There are thousands of people involved in a film production, they deserve recognition

Last edited:

'He's just likeable"
' he is a 90s darling'
' his scripts are witty'

Clkerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma were all good and he is a good in person storyteller. For the last 10-15 years, he’s been a bit sketchier on film, though I was OK with the Clerks 3…not great, but a lot of fan servicing and self-deprecating humor.

Clkerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma were all good and he is a good in person storyteller. For the last 10-15 years, he’s been a bit sketchier on film, though I was OK with the Clerks 3…not great, but a lot of fan servicing and self-deprecating humor.
Agree people have to remember Clerks was made for like 40-50 thousand dollars. No one back in 1994 could make a film for that, it would be hard to make a movie for that today.
Im a big Kevin Smith fan. Clerks was in black and white because the film stock was cheaper than regular film. It’s still a good movie but.it’s not as good as it was 30 years ago.
Certainly Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma at minimum are great films. Mallrats was a bomb in theaters but now is a cult classic.

Ben Affleck owes his career to Smith. Chasin Amy was his first leading role up to that point, executives didn’t think he was a leading man.
‘The studio wanted to have different actors for the lead guy and gal in Chasing Amy and Smith had to fight to get the studio to sign off on him, but Smith had to make that film for practically nothing, he could have had a big budget if he had cast a big name for the leads, he turned down 10’s of millions of dollars for the budget. Affleck was great in the lead and the rest is history. Smith was even a producer for Good Will Hunting along with his right hand guy for every Smith movie Scott Moiser. I could keep going but I’ve already made this to long