Do you like what you see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: May 13 June 10, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - One Click (Full Slip + Lenti + Quarter Slip with Lenticular Magnet) (Pre-order April 15, 2016 - Order Limit: One Click x 1, Full Slip x 2, Lenticular x 2)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $145.99 (One Click)
HDN GB: hosted by Aniv
Notes: Print Run (Total 2,500): Full Slip - 700 copies, numbered. Lenticular Slip - 900 Copies, numbered
One Click is 3 Steelbooks (Full+Lenti+Lenti Magnet) - 300 Copies, numbered
Lenti Magnet Steelbook only available with the One-Click
SteelBook will be full gloss finish with awesome embossing/debossing and everything else the community strives for

one.jpg lenti.jpg full.jpg

SteelBook Render
12825305_172701839777369_813276042_n.jpg

Lenticular | Full Slip
Manta_MOS_3DBD2016_Lenticular_Slip.png Manta_MOS_3DBD2016_Full_Slip.png Manta_Lab_MOS_Full_Slip_Packshot_Overview.png
SteelBook Overview Render
12822870_174389092941977_299060227_o.jpg

Lenticular WIP Render

Lenti Magnet (idea is to have it look like its part of the steel so the flow goes from the front image to the back)

- Region Free (A,B,C)
- 2D + 3D Blu-ray Disc
- Video: 1080P HD 2.4:1
- 3D Feature Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio: English 7.1, Dolby Digital: Mandarin 5.1, Thai 5.1, Polish 5.1 & Turkish 5.1
- 3D Subtitles: Cantonese, Complex Chinese, English, Korean, Indonesia Bahasa, Thai, Turkish & Polish
- 2D Feature Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio: English 7.1, Dolby Digital: Czech 5.1, Polish 5.1 & Thai 5.1
- 2D Subtitles: Cantonese, Complex Chinese, English, Korean, Indonesia Bahasa, Thai, European Portuguese, Slovenian, Serbian, Polish, Hebrew, Greek, Czech, Croatian & Arabic
- All editions come with Booklet, Character Cards(5ea), Post Cards(4ea), Tip-on, Exclusive numbering sticker and Exclusive release sticker.

12670498_1051868664923241_8424938282118420356_n.png

12974523_1053304964779611_3202597977664484170_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So I wasn't impressed by the HDZeta set and passed on it because I liked the Manta Lab SteelBook better.

So I just managed to pick up the Lenticular Slip new and sealed by luck on eBay. I wasn't even looking for it.
I was checking out somebody's else's "other items for sale" while looking at one of their auctions.
I won the other auction (I bid in the last few seconds...there was only 1 previous bid).

The Man OF Steel Lenticular slip auction didn't have any bidders yet so I asked how much he wanted for it.
He told me I could buy it for the listed auction price. So I bought it as well.

It was $80 Canadian (about $58 US) and free shipping since it will be shipped with my other items.

Woohoo!

Congrats. Love this edition.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
So I wasn't impressed by the HDZeta set and passed on it because I liked the Manta Lab SteelBook better.

So I just managed to pick up the Lenticular Slip new and sealed by luck on eBay. I wasn't even looking for it.
I was checking out somebody's else's "other items for sale" while looking at one of their auctions.
I won the other auction (I bid in the last few seconds...there was only 1 previous bid).

The Man OF Steel Lenticular slip auction didn't have any bidders yet so I asked how much he wanted for it.
He told me I could buy it for the listed auction price. So I bought it as well.

It was $80 Canadian (about $58 US) and free shipping since it will be shipped with my other items.

Woohoo!

That's awesome, congrats

My lenti arrived today and it looks great! I really like the effect of Superman flying. I didn't realize that the slip itself was an O-ring before purchasing it so I now understand why some people prefer the Full Slip.

I'm guessing that the Full Slip is a regular sized slip with a slip sized booklet instead of the smaller booklet inside the steelbook in the Lenti O-ring.

Had I been aware of the differences before purchasing then I would have been torn over what to choose.
Looking at availability on eBay right now I wouldn't have really had a choice. Any Full Slip purchase would have cost me an extra 50 bucks plus shipping and so most likely I wouldn't have purchased a copy.

So this way I now have the steelbook with a nice lenti image and an embossed holofoil Superman on the back.

Now I just have to get myself to unseal it so I can actually see the steelbook which is what this edition is all about!

I'll probably unseal it soon. :happy:

My lenti arrived today and it looks great! I really like the effect of Superman flying. I didn't realize that the slip itself was an O-ring before purchasing it so I now understand why some people prefer the Full Slip.

I'm guessing that the Full Slip is a regular sized slip with a slip sized booklet instead of the smaller booklet inside the steelbook in the Lenti O-ring.

Had I been aware of the differences before purchasing then I would have been torn over what to choose.
Looking at availability on eBay right now I wouldn't have really had a choice. Any Full Slip purchase would have cost me an extra 50 bucks plus shipping and so most likely I wouldn't have purchased a copy.

So this way I now have the steelbook with a nice lenti image and an embossed holofoil Superman on the back.

Now I just have to get myself to unseal it so I can actually see the steelbook which is what this edition is all about!

I'll probably unseal it soon. :happy:

Congrats mate amazing edition from memory of uploaded videos this is a vertical tilt Lenti so Supes flies back and forth, correct? Oh you must certainly do you must unseal immediately to see one of the elite few near perfect 10/10 steelbooks it’s shear beauty :drool: All this talk about the 1/4 Lenti being the best edition has me second guessing if I’m just content with the FS. I need to see it in action as by the sounds of it, it will jump to the top of my most want list.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Congrats mate amazing edition from memory of uploaded videos this is a vertical tilt Lenti so Supes flies back and forth, correct? Oh you must certainly do you must unseal immediately to see one of the elite few near perfect 10/10 steelbooks it’s shear beauty :drool: All this talk about the 1/4 Lenti being the best edition has me second guessing if I’m just content with the FS. I need to see it in action as by the sounds of it, it will jump to the top of my most want list.
The 1/4 slip lenti has amazing clarity and 3D depth and perfectly compliments the steelbook.

The O-ring lenti is too flat with hardly any depth and the transition is not smooth.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: willbar84
The 1/4 slip lenti has amazing clarity and 3D depth and perfectly compliments the steelbook.

The O-ring lenti is too flat with hardly any depth and the transition is not smooth.

Thanks for the mini review :thumbs: ahh I see I’m not generally a fan of transitional lenti’s because of those reasons but the 1/4 slip Lenti definitely seems worthy of tracking down sounds amazing, just how it should be done and I bet a stunner when in hand :drool:

Reactions: StifflersDad

Yes that's correct it is a vertical lenti and Superman flies from far to close up. I don't think I've ever seen a lenti that goes in that direction.

Reactions: willbar84
Yes that's correct it is a vertical lenti and Superman flies from far to close up. I don't think I've ever seen a lenti that goes in that direction.

Cool it’s a great effect when an element of the image can move like this but hard to execute due to the nature of the beast that is a transitional lenti. The only other two I can think of at the moment that are Vertical Lenti’s with moving objects is Zeta’s Forest Gump with the floating down feather and Zeta’s San Andreas with the rock going up and down the rope from the helicopter. Anywho enjoy that amazing MoS steelbook which lives up to the hype and then some.

With the whole amazing news about final release of Snyder Cut, I thought it would be good moment to do the unboxing of this amazing edition. Have a nice unboxing experience!

My retrospection on the topic:
Man of Steel was packed in many interesting editions after it was released. The most popular was metal tin with Superman logo, but it had its flaws, mainly connected to opening of plastic cover, but on display it was amazing. In this video I would like to focus on one gem, that was one of the best premium editions on the market from my point of view. Later on it was re-released by HD Zeta, but that is another story. This particular edition was strong debut of Manta Lab, retailer from Hong Kong that on that time was unknow to collectors community. It was theirs first release that shook collectors and divided them in the end. It was beautiful release on the paper and the one to go for every blu-ray addict, however when it was released there was much discussion about holographic foil abuse.

In my opinion it was good idea, especially when it comes to the front art, that is little bit blurry from the start and this effect adds little bit of extra to the whole picture. It was also repeated by Film Arena with “In the Heart of the Sea” [you can find this edition here - In the Heart of the Sea - Full Slip Limited SteelBook Edition - FilmArena Collection [Blu-ray] [Czech]], that was misfire for me, but its different topic.

Full Slip is not the only thing that deserves the podium, as the steelbook that it holds is amazing piece of art. Embossing on the logo and main title with this incredible artwork is brilliant mix. On top of that glossy finish and it was easily the best steelbook of the year. In addition to the whole release standard postcards and booklet. Manta Lab entered the market with big bang and the rest is history.

To spice this edition up – Man of Steel’s signature was mandatory. I gave it to Henry Cavill that I met during promotional tour of Netflix series Witcher. He was very nice in person & I was surprise by his kindness and patience. He literally delayed the screening of the series due to the fact that he wanted to talk to everyone who wanted to meet him. I believe he is the true Man of Steel.

Photo unboxing: Man of Steel – Full Slip SteelBook Edition – Manta Lab Exclusive signed by Henry Cavill [Blu-ray] [Hong Kong]