Manta Lab - Retailer Thread (now sales website operated by Collectong)

New sales website: Collectors from Kwun Tong. HK SAR

best-retailer-png.411629

ME#1 - Man of Steel
ME#2 - The Revenant
ME#3 - Constantine
ME#4 - Kingsman
ME#5 - Walter Mitty
ME#6 - Fight Club
ME#7 - La La Land
ME#8 - Logan
ME#9 - Fantasic Beasts
ME#10 - Alien Covenant
ME#11 - Wonder Woman
ME#12 - Ex Machina
ME#13 - Planet of the Apes
ME#14 - Se7en
ME#15 - Justice League
ME#16 - ?
ME#17 - Ready Player One
ME#18 - Shape of Water
ME#19 - Greatest Showman
ME#20 - Deadpool 2
ME#21 - First Man
ME#22 - ?
ME#23 - Inglorious Basterds
ME#24 - Aquaman
ME#25 - A Star is Born
ME#26 -
ME#27 -

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the point you are missing is this is becoming more of an increasing issue, rather than just 'luck'. If this is a regular occurrence and customs are tightening up on the borders and import charges and what packages are declared, no problem at all. I won't bother importing and they don't get my business. So I wouldn't want to rely on 'luck' more on balance of probabilities, especially on EMS packages that attract customs, of what our final bill would be. I would accept that importing a premium steel is out of my budget and will have to stick with the local UK releases. Unfortunately not many of us can facilitate a custom bill attached on all imported orders.

If you want to know 100% what it's gonna be, then have whatever company you order from whether it be Nova or Manta or Kimchi or whoever put the actual value down. Then you can calculate it. Otherwise it's always gonna be a shot in the dark.

We're having companies and group buy organisers effectively dupe the import and tax system to help our shelves of collections. We really all should be paying full whack every time and the fact is we don't. Just be fortunate to have a collection which didn't cost you x amount more every time you had it delivered when it should've and if you do get hit then take it on the chin.

If you can't afford the toll you shouldn't really be crossing the bridge

If you can't afford the toll you shouldn't really be crossing the bridge

Money and affordability is not my issue. I cannot justify spending £65 for a single steel imported and will not accommodate that. I only order taking into account no customs due to the fact for the last 5 years I have rarely been hit. Now with the recent increase of members being hit with custom bills and my recent episodes it appears they are now tightening up what is declared and is imported through. But now it appears to be an ongoing issue I am monitoring this directly and to focus is this just 'luck' or a regular occurrence? Not about we 'should' be paying the custom bill.

Money and affordability is not my issue. I cannot justify spending £65 for a single steel imported and will not accommodate that. I only order taking into account no customs due to the fact for the last 5 years I have rarely been hit. Now with the recent increase of members being hit with custom bills and my recent episodes it appears they are now tightening up what is declared and is imported through. But now it appears to be an ongoing issue I am monitoring this directly and to focus is this just 'luck' or a regular occurrence? Not about we 'should' be paying the custom bill.

Money and affordability are not your issue but you're not going to "accomodate" £65 for a single steelbook?

Sounds like money and affordability is definitely your issue mate.

If you've had to pay import fees on 1/10 packages then that's the best part of £200 saved.

If I got hit tomorrow, I wouldn't be happy really just because of the fact none of us want to pay extra but I'd just pay it and be done with it.

As long as you keep asking for packages to be valued lower then they are and/or marked as gifts then you run the risk of having parcels opened and charged more. It's definitely a case of luck. I haven't seen enough members claiming customs fees added on to consider it a situation to worry about.

If you want to know what you're gonna be spending for these packages then declare them as merchandise and calculate the amount. Then you will know what you will be spending. Either that or don't order premium steelbooks from foreign companies.

wow this is some customs debate here!! :cigar::cigar:

I think this is a relevant debate for collectors as would anything that affects our collecting habits. I don't like custom charges either but rarely get hit and that may change, but not much I can do about it, will just have to budget for it.

It is law after all....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig
Money and affordability are not your issue but you're not going to "accomodate" £65 for a single steelbook?

Sounds like money and affordability is definitely your issue mate.

If you've had to pay import fees on 1/10 packages then that's the best part of £200 saved.

If I got hit tomorrow, I wouldn't be happy really just because of the fact none of us want to pay extra but I'd just pay it and be done with it.

As long as you keep asking for packages to be valued lower then they are and/or marked as gifts then you run the risk of having parcels opened and charged more. It's definitely a case of luck. I haven't seen enough members claiming customs fees added on to consider it a situation to worry about.

If you want to know what you're gonna be spending for these packages then declare them as merchandise and calculate the amount. Then you will know what you will be spending. Either that or don't order premium steelbooks from foreign companies.

Frankly they should always be marked as merchandise anyway. HMRC become quite obviously "interested" in packages from company names/addresses which are marked "gift" .

Gift works on a personal level - one Ninja to another - HMRC can complain until they are blue in the face, but unless you have breached regulations some other way, that is cool.

Frankly they should always be marked as merchandise anyway. HMRC become quite obviously "interested" in packages from company names/addresses which are marked "gift" .

Gift works on a personal level - one Ninja to another - HMRC can complain until they are blue in the face, but unless you have breached regulations some other way, that is cool.

@JackRegan @Maximus15

Well that GIFT WORKS trick depends on what NINJA you are talking about . If it is a Steelbook purchased in a Groupbuy then NO you are wrong , that has nothing "personal" to it as this Forum is a Company ran Forum .

If i was to sell you something and mark it as GIFT and YOU paid even $1 for it , its not a GIFT anymore . IF i paid for somethign and sent it off to you , then yes that is a GIFT and should be declared as such !

But this discussion could go on for weeks i guess. Lets just say for arguments sake that IF you got something that had a higher value then was noted on the box, and you did not get hit , you are lucky !

Oh by the way did you know YOU (not the Retailer or sender) are responsible for the importation of the merchandise ?! Meaning if you know it has a higher value you should inform the customs office immediatly so that they can rectify the the "mistake"... or so i have heard !

As if someone would in their own rightful mind, write to them and tell them the box came through without any customs , i need to pay customs on it , please do the figures again ! :naughty::naughty:

@JackRegan @Maximus15

Well that GIFT WORKS trick depends on what NINJA you are talking about . If it is a Steelbook purchased in a Groupbuy then NO you are wrong , that has nothing "personal" to it as this Forum is a Company ran Forum .

If i was to sell you something and mark it as GIFT and YOU paid even $1 for it , its not a GIFT anymore . IF i paid for somethign and sent it off to you , then yes that is a GIFT and should be declared as such !

But this discussion could go on for weeks i guess. Lets just say for arguments sake that IF you got something that had a higher value then was noted on the box, and you did not get hit , you are lucky !

Oh by the way did you know YOU (not the Retailer or sender) are responsible for the importation of the merchandise ?! Meaning if you know it has a higher value you should inform the customs office immediatly so that they can rectify the the "mistake"... or so i have heard !

As if someone would in their own rightful mind, write to them and tell them the box came through without any customs , i need to pay customs on it , please do the figures again ! :naughty::naughty:

No,, obviously I'm not talking of group buys, but buying, swapping, whatever between individuals; then depending on your conscience in some curcumstances, you can legitimately declare it as a "gift" Sometimes it will work as a gift if you actually bought it online (as I have done), and have a friend send it to you.
Frankly, we shouldn't have a conscience about HMRC, and dodging a few quid in the strictest regime in Europe. If they could, they would tax us on things bought from within the EU, and God Help us if we ever do 'brexit' (very doubtful, I know) - because that's something else that will cripple us!

Reactions: Granada
Hey, what about that company 'Manta Lab'? I heard they make great premium packages for great movies :)
Anybody got any?

Come on guys, if you're not ready to take a chance with customs when ordering international.... DON'T DO IT!!!

:thumbs:

$ against the £ then. Just before the 'BREXIT' vote I would of got about $1.50 for £1, now its about £1.20. A typical steelbook from Manta Lab is going to cost me £6-£8 more now. I'm not complainimg, just to have to ride it out I suppose.
aside of that you're liberated from the EU. That has to be worth something :thumbs:

$ against the £ then. Just before the 'BREXIT' vote I would of got about $1.50 for £1, now its about £1.20. A typical steelbook from Manta Lab is going to cost me £6-£8 more now. I'm not complainimg, just to have to ride it out I suppose.
I believe strength of the £ will bounce back rather quickly. It is completely natural for this to happen in the market when there is any kind of policy changes. I wouldn't worry about it.;)

• Thanks
Reactions: marcnotrust
aside of that you're liberated from the EU. That has to be worth something :thumbs:
I agree with that. At least they never gave up the pound to be handcuffed to the €. The pound has always been traditionally strong Currency, and I expected it to continue to be.
Buy from Canada. £1 = $1.63 CAD!:thumbs:

Last edited: