Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 27, 2023
Purchase links: Second Sight Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Notes: Second Sight Website Store is UK/Ireland shipping only

318078822_500029702105368_981530498370572349_n.jpg

• A Second Sight Films 4K scan and restoration of a 35mm dupe negative supervised and approved by Director of Photography Michael Gornick
  • 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs both including bonus features
  • UHD presented in HDR10+
  • Audio commentary by George A Romero, John Amplas and Tom Savini
  • Audio commentary by George A Romero, Richard P Rubinstein, Tom Savini, Michael Gornick and Donald Rubinstein
  • A new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
  • A new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger
  • Taste the Blood of Martin: A new feature-length documentary including location tour
  • Scoring the Shadows: A new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein
  • J Roy - New And Used Furniture: a short film by Tony Buba
  • Making Martin: A Recounting
  • Trailers, TV and radio spots
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with original classic artwork
  • 108 page book with new essays by Daniel Bird, Miranda Corcoran, Travis Crawford, Heather Drain, Kat Ellinger, Andrew Graves, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Elena Lazic, , Stephen Thrower, Jon Towlson, Simon Ward and Tony Williams plus rare stills and behind-the-scenes images
  • Original Soundtrack CD by Donald Rubinstein
  • 5 collectors' art cards illustrated by Adam Stothard
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4168

Certificate: 18

Region: UHD Region Free / Blu-ray region B

Last edited:
You have just posted more info about this than you did prior to the announcement on Friday . I've got nothing mixed up . My point is as follows

You had info that would have been nice to have on this thread.

You did not post / add it to the thread .

Not everyone is on all social media , which is why this thread is important. But you chose not to post the info .

I (we)know all about the new scan etc as it's in several posts on this page including the announcement on Friday .

But if you want to argue that they shouldn't make an announcement because YOU already knew about it go ahead.
I was not taking about the post been in the thread be it my me or any other member

The point second sight previously on social media mentiond about been a 4K UHD release and sometime in 2022
The only new info if on their twiiter post on friday if you want to call it new was to mention creating HDR grade

There was no way this was getting a release in summer 2021 as they only viewed the first reel in May 2021
They not even done any work on the extras yet

When you second sight post photos of the packaging and list info on new extras that will give you a idea of when the release will be getting closer

I have to confess it's a film I've never seen or heard anything about. Just one of these films that escaped my radar over the decades.
Arrow had a 2 disc DVD release in 2006 and 2010
It's also known as Wampyr in Italy

The film was first collaboration between George Romero and Tom Savini
The next film he did was Dawn of the Dead

It's a bit dated now compared to later films but still has a cult following

It was banned in some countries for period of time
On release it was seized and confiscated in the UK under Section 3 of the Obscene Publications Act 1959

• Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent

On release it was seized and confiscated in the UK under Section 3 of the Obscene Publications Act 1959
Sounds like there were good reasons It stayed outside my radar.......

Sounds like there were good reasons It stayed outside my radar.......
It's the extras that will make this release special and that it getting a UK Blu-ray release
A 4K UHD release is just a added bonus

A lot of collector's would just have the old DVD releases

There was a Blu-ray release in Japan in 2018 from Happinet label but I don't have that release to give an opinion on quality
And a questionable Blu-ray release in spain in 2020 from the label resen known for bootleg releases

It's the extras that will make this release special and that it getting a UK Blu-ray release
A 4K UHD release is just a added bonus

A lot of collector's would just have the old DVD releases

There was a Blu-ray release in Japan in 2018 from Happinet label but I don't have that release to give an opinion on quality
And a questionable Blu-ray release in spain in 2020 from the label resen known for bootleg releases
I looked up the film. Yep I seen it years ago in a cinema in Tyneside in the 80's. Easy pass. Did nothing for me....

I was not taking about the post been in the thread be it my me or any other member

The point second sight previously on social media mentiond about been a 4K UHD release and sometime in 2022
The only new info if on their twiiter post on friday if you want to call it new was to mention creating HDR grade

There was no way this was getting a release in summer 2021 as they only viewed the first reel in May 2021
They not even done any work on the extras yet

When you second sight post photos of the packaging and list info on new extras that will give you a idea of when the release will be getting closer
Thanks for missing my point .

But look more info not previously posted to this thread . Well done . Though it is a bit word soupy there pal .

I look forward to you not answering any point I have made , in any post that follows.

The arrow edition is probably the most complete as it has two versions of the film , including the Italian cut , Wampyr, which moves a lot of the action around . It was re-edited by Dario Argento , and he had it re-scored by Goblin. This was instrumental in Argento contacting Romero about Dawn a couple of years later.

The woman playing Savini's girlfriend in a couple of scenes is Christine Forrest, her parents owned the house they shot in. She later married Romero .

The film has been released on DVD twice in the US, the first , Anchor Bay, is 1.33:1 (non Anamorphic) , his preferred screen ratio, and has a commentary with him Savini & Amplas (Martin). The second release has a completely different commentary with Romero, Savini ,Richard Rubinstein & Mike Gornick. This is the commentary that is ported to other releases , including the arrow and the first one hasn't shown up anywhere else. It would be nice for it to be on the Second Sight . In the second commentary Romero complains about the framing (The DVD was 16:9 enhanced)

The film was originally 3 hrs long, and that was Romero's preferred cut, but the original materials for that are lost, believed stolen (in the 1st commentary he has his suspicions but names no names) .

The films is really an extension of the films he was making after night , if you like the Between Night & Dawn box set from arrow it has a similar style . In the commentary on the Cannes Cut (directors ) of Dawn in the SS blu ray (and most DVD's & blu rays back to the Anchor bay ultimate) Richard Rubinstein , somewhat derogatorily, talks about Romero's films being money losers until they joined forces and made Martin , his first profitable film since Night .

That twitter post has nothing to do with second sight release
I doubt Second Sight will include this black and white cut as the licence rights would have to be sorted before that could happen

Second Sight's Facebook administrator mentioned a few days ago that the owners of the longer cut of Martin (not Rubinstein) are asking for too much money so it seems unless this can be re-negotiated, the longer cut is off the table for now