Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 27, 2023
Purchase links: Second Sight Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Notes: Second Sight Website Store is UK/Ireland shipping only

318078822_500029702105368_981530498370572349_n.jpg

• A Second Sight Films 4K scan and restoration of a 35mm dupe negative supervised and approved by Director of Photography Michael Gornick
  • 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs both including bonus features
  • UHD presented in HDR10+
  • Audio commentary by George A Romero, John Amplas and Tom Savini
  • Audio commentary by George A Romero, Richard P Rubinstein, Tom Savini, Michael Gornick and Donald Rubinstein
  • A new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
  • A new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger
  • Taste the Blood of Martin: A new feature-length documentary including location tour
  • Scoring the Shadows: A new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein
  • J Roy - New And Used Furniture: a short film by Tony Buba
  • Making Martin: A Recounting
  • Trailers, TV and radio spots
Limited Edition Contents

• Rigid slipcase with original classic artwork
  • 108 page book with new essays by Daniel Bird, Miranda Corcoran, Travis Crawford, Heather Drain, Kat Ellinger, Andrew Graves, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Elena Lazic, , Stephen Thrower, Jon Towlson, Simon Ward and Tony Williams plus rare stills and behind-the-scenes images
  • Original Soundtrack CD by Donald Rubinstein
  • 5 collectors' art cards illustrated by Adam Stothard
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4168

Certificate: 18

Region: UHD Region Free / Blu-ray region B

Last edited:
Probably my favourite Romero movie. But please be 4.3 ratio at the previous widescreen releases have killed the aspect ratio
Cropping a square (1.33:1) to make a rectangular image (1.85:1 or 2.35:1) is just as much a defacement of a film as Pan & Scanning or cropping a widescreen image to make it a square.
I wonder if they will include the recut Euro version of Martin with the Goblin score?

Reactions: Grendel and terry44
The point is update post from second sight had nothing new
As they previously had provided that info
Yep, but nobody, including you who "witnessed it" , posted it to THIS thread . Up until the announcement on Friday it was not generally known . and certainly wasn't in THIS thread which is where the very few people on this forum are waiting patiently for info of it.
The announcement on Friday was to let EVERYONE know , not just you , not just the people who trawl SS mentions for info they don't pass on.

Yep, but nobody, including you who "witnessed it" , posted it to THIS thread . Up until the announcement on Friday it was not generally known . and certainly wasn't in THIS thread which is where the very few people on this forum are waiting patiently for info of it.
The announcement on Friday was to let EVERYONE know , not just you , not just the people who trawl SS mentions for info they don't pass on.
You got things mixed up I dont mean about this thread the info been posted

Second Sight already posted the info about 4K UHD and 2022 on social media before they repeated it again on twitter
So that twitter post did have nothing new

The twitter post in may also would have given people idea that summer 2021 would not be happening as they only at that stage they was starting work on a new scan of the negative
It takes months to do a restoration from start to finish picture and audio and also more months do new extras and that is even before encoding the finished content onto discs putting all the created content into packaging
Some releases takes 1-3 years before final product is ready

If you don't know already Martin was shot on 16mm Kodak Eastman

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
You got things mixed up I dont mean about this thread the info been posted

Second Sight already posted the info about 4K UHD and 2022 on social media before they repeated it again on twitter
So that twitter post did have nothing new

The twitter post in may also would have given people idea that summer 2021 would not be happening as they only at that stage they was starting work on a new scan of the negative
It takes months to do a restoration from start to finish picture and audio and also more months do new extras and that is even before putting all the created content into packaging
Some releases takes 1-3 years before final product is ready
You have just posted more info about this than you did prior to the announcement on Friday . I've got nothing mixed up . My point is as follows

You had info that would have been nice to have on this thread.

You did not post / add it to the thread .

Not everyone is on all social media , which is why this thread is important. But you chose not to post the info .

I (we)know all about the new scan etc as it's in several posts on this page including the announcement on Friday .

But if you want to argue that they shouldn't make an announcement because YOU already knew about it go ahead.