Marvel Collector Corps (Discussion Thread) [Funko]

mlmaier84

EntrepreNINJA
Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
This statement was made by Brian Mariotti (President of Funko) last week about Marvel. It was made in the POP!s section of another forum by Mariotti himself.

"Keep your eyes on a special announcement coming directly from Marvel next week. Next week could one of the most epic weeks in the history of Marvel and Funko." -Brian Mariotti

Anyone have a guess as to what it is? What are you hoping for?

I heard about this! Been waiting all week for some news, but nothing yet... :ohno:
Anything Marvel Pop related is a good thing.

"One of the most epic weeks in the history of Marvel and Funko"
Thats a big statement. Personally I would love more Marvel Pops... but it seems like it has to be bigger then that? no? What could it be!?

Reactions: mlmaier84
I heard about this! Been waiting all week for some news, but nothing yet... :ohno:
Anything Marvel Pop related is a good thing.

"One of the most epic weeks in the history of Marvel and Funko"
Thats a big statement. Personally I would love more Marvel Pops... but it seems like it has to be bigger then that? no? What could it be!?
There's a lot of speculation going around right now about what it is. Seems like the top 2 topics mentioned are:
1.) Secret Wars
2.) Non-bobble Marvel POP!s

Personally, I don't mind the bobbles albeit Marvel and Star Wars are really the only POP!s they still make consistently in bobble-heads due to the licensing agreement. However, it seems that this does bother a majority of collectors though.

I'm hoping for them to announce either a huge series of Marvel characters (that have never been released) or multiple series of them. From what Brian is saying though, I think it would have to be even bigger than that. We should be finding something out here in the next few days though.

From Marvel.com:

Funko has collaborated with Marvel to build a first-of-its-kind subscription box service -- Marvel Collector Corps -- featuring 100% exclusive collectibles, apparel and accessories from some of the biggest events in the Marvel movie and comic book universe. The debut box ships in April and will feature items from Marvel’s 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' including an exclusive 6” Iron Man Hulkbuster Pop! vinyl collectible only available through Marvel Collector Corps. The box contents also include a T-shirt featuring one of four exclusive designs, an additional stylized vinyl collectible and two premium accessories. The box represents over $50 of value.

MARVEL COLLECTOR CORPS
Boxes will ship every two months and Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' will be featured in the June box. The service includes two levels -- the basic Collector level and the Founder level. Customers who sign up for the Founders program, which includes a six-box subscription, will receive an exclusive Founder Statue on the 12-month anniversary of their first box shipment. As long as their membership does not lapse, Founders will continue to receive a new exclusive figure every year on their anniversary.

The Marvel Collector Corps service from Funko is available for $25 per box, and fans can signup now at www.collectorcorps.com

new_home_mainbot.png

@kaw Lol was literally about to post that.
I'm not that interested in it. At one point I thought the annoncement was those sugar things. They look awful

@Flloydo I am somewhat interested. It says they will have exclusive Marvel Pops ONLY available through this. First one being HULKBUSTER! ...and I want that Hulkbuster! haha

@Flloydo I am somewhat interested. It says they will have exclusive Marvel Pops ONLY available through this. First one being HULKBUSTER! ...and I want that Hulkbuster! haha

Oh I think it sounds quality lol plus other exclusive vinyls, t shirts and yearly anniversary pops or statues but I just can't afford all this stuff at the moment so I'm out, but sounds great and looking forward to seeing what's included

I saw this and I was really gung-ho to sign up then I saw they have no Canadian shipping yet! boooooo they better get on that cause I need me a Hulkbuster haha this will be especially fun if they consistently have nice Marvel exclusives

Well.....that was a huge anticlimax....

I was not expecting that, another subscription box? :sleep:

I thought it was going to be something else ah well

Trying to order, but I'm assuming everyone else and their mom is too with how slow the site is running. Get to cart and it just tries to load continuously.

Well.....that was a huge anticlimax....

I was not expecting that, another subscription box? :sleep:

I thought it was going to be something else ah well
I don't think this warranted everything Brian said, but I do think this is pretty awesome! Yes, another subscription box, BUT it comes directly from Marvel AND Marvel is working directly with Funko on it. That's pretty exciting if you ask me...

Personally I think its a really fun idea that I'm pretty excited about and definitely want to get (once they ship to Canada haha)

I've had other subscription boxes, and I enjoyed being surprised by what's in it and the odd exclusive items. The thing I didn't like about them was that they always included items from all over pop culture and very often something I'm not very interested in so I started having a pile of neat collectibles but with stuff I have no interest in so I ended up cancelling

As a big Marvel fan I love that the box is only going to have Marvel stuff so I'm definitely down for that :)