Marvel SteelBooks WEA with all goodies?

How much would you pay for Marvel titles WEA Glossy / Debossed SteelBook with all goodies & no DISCs

• $25

Votes: 31 18.6%
  • $30

Votes: 50 29.9%
  • $35

Votes: 40 24.0%
  • $40

Votes: 46 27.5%

• Total voters
I’m still holding out that Blufans would continue there Marvel line but it’s been so long I’ve lost hope :(
This may very well be linked to that, a way for blufans (and probably weet) to continue with disney, sw and mcu steels if disney exit the asian physical media game entirely.

@Aniv instead of another wave of Marvel/Disney, can't we look at other movies, as some have suggested? As popular as they are, there are more than 4-5 releases for almost all Marvel movies. I don't think a lot of the collectors will be excited to pick up another steelbook for the same title.

It would be great if we could focus on directors, like Scorsese's movies or Fincher's movies or Coen Brothers, or just look at acclaimed/popular movies without a steelbook release....again, I have no idea of artwork/studio permissions etc but I have to assume those issues would exist for Disney/Marvel as well.
Unlikely to happen tbh, even though id be game for it. The question has obviously come from retailers who want to do disney (blufans, looking at cha) but can't due to the lack of disney distribution in the area. Issue goes away if the discs aren't required, as it just becomes licensed merchandise.

weet should release some wea steelbooks of classic movies.... back to the future, ghostbusters, jurassic park, the crow, batman 89, american history x, goodfellas, stand by me, top gun, the breakfast club and so on

maybe when the mouse killed even empty steelbook releases :rofl:

Reactions: milky
disney is killing the film industry :(

You figured that one out just today???
Well not surprising. If only they'd be stopped from physical releases i couldn't care less.
I'd survive Marvel, despite i like it very much. But it's not at top of my list.
I'd hard pass this purchase of no disc, just steelbook and goodies.

You figured that one out just today???
im telling you that since years, nobody believed me :(
Well not surprising. If only they'd be stopped from physical releases i couldn't care less.
I'd survive Marvel, despite i like it very much. But it's not at top of my list.
I'd hard pass this purchase of no disc, just steelbook and goodies.
problem they own also fox. one day you have to pay even 100€+ for an oop fox amaray

people already paying 50€+ for oop amarays

• Haha
Reactions: Chemartin_1
The fuc* i hate about their phydical release they won't release shi* on 3 layer discs.
Not surprising their physical releases then drop in quality.
Just look IW and Endgame.

Discs dont cost $25-30 and we are talking about established movies not new releases. For example Weet Spider-Man was average $52, if you got a copy would you sell me everything except the discs for $27? :D
Blufans is my plumb line right now. A single release from them is anywhere between $60-70+ these days. Take away $25-30 for not giving us the discs and you're looking at ~$40 to $45, maybe $50. I don't think that sounds crazy :)

Blufans is my plumb line right now. A single release from them is anywhere between $60-70+ these days. Take away $25-30 for not giving us the discs and you're looking at ~$40 to $45, maybe $50. I don't think that sounds crazy :)
Frozen 2 didn't come with movie discs and that GB price was $110 for the 1-click which was 2 slips/steels inside a box

My thoughts:
let them make discless releases (for a cheaper price for sure) and I guarantee you in less than we realise they would have increased the price till the original old price with discs.

Can I have your Frozen 2 please for $35 :p

• Haha
Reactions: jailbird_joey
I wish there more disc-less options...
Especially if you cave in an buy a subpar version cause you're sick of waiting...

Should we nickname these Bobbit Editions?

Reactions: Aniv
@Aniv instead of another wave of Marvel/Disney, can't we look at other movies, as some have suggested? As popular as they are, there are more than 4-5 releases for almost all Marvel movies. I don't think a lot of the collectors will be excited to pick up another steelbook for the same title.

It would be great if we could focus on directors, like Scorsese's movies or Fincher's movies or Coen Brothers, or just look at acclaimed/popular movies without a steelbook release....again, I have no idea of artwork/studio permissions etc but I have to assume those issues would exist for Disney/Marvel as well.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
As long as the designs were nice (& consistent!) I’d be happy paying decent money. Although I’m not one for slipcases or extras - just a steelbook and j-card would suit me just fine.

On a similar note - would be nice to see similar treatment for Disney/Pixar films seeing as the set went from being beautiful and uniform to a s___ show...Still waiting for a decent Toy Story 4 steelbook that matches the original Zavvi steelbooks for 1-3.

The early MCU movies were pretty decent, now it's just a load of smelly bullshit; so selling them without the discs is probably a smart move.

Reactions: Hereticz and Aniv
Lol... So what is the answer you’re looking for then since you keep on poking fun at my rationalizing what price I want? :D We seem to be in the same ballpark since your poll didn’t go over $40
no I am not poking fun! I am saying the justification is not valid for the disc thing. zeta had WWA steels without discs not WEA steel and Frozen is the only true comparison for what I am asking how much you pay for. The poll wont decide the price and it could be sold for $50 or not sold @ all. If there is no profit there is no product :D