Marvel SteelBooks WEA with all goodies?

How much would you pay for Marvel titles WEA Glossy / Debossed SteelBook with all goodies & no DISCs

• $25

Votes: 31 18.6%
  • $30

Votes: 50 29.9%
  • $35

Votes: 40 24.0%
  • $40

Votes: 46 27.5%

• Total voters
I’m guessing this is something to do with the possibility of no more physical media with Disney in Asia except Japan. I’d buy discless weet & blufans

Reactions: CGB axia
Really on the fence with this one. On the one hand I like the fact that we could have a more consistent line of premiums, but no discs being in there sort of gives me the feeling of it being an illegitimate release.

It would give me the feeling of it being an incomplete edition really.

wouldn’t pay more than 30 dollars as you would still have to source the discs yourself and if they all have 3 disc holders, you may struggle to fill the 3rd spot in some places giving it an unofficial feel.

Just my opinion

Last edited:
I've cast my vote. I feel if design was consistent and finish was sublime then people would pay over $30 (seems that's the sticking point but at idea stage I'd always say the buyer would pay $5 or so more if there was a product actually on offer). I'd love for 1/4 slips to be on offer too but thats personal preference that I suspect is in the minority here haha.

Reactions: Felix_ro and Aniv
I think that is quite an optomistic price.
Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing, but certainly optomistic.
Well we’ll have agree to disagree. Don’t forget the cost of the disc(s) and rights etc would play into the normal premiums price. Considering weet and manta are relatively cheap in comparison to the other players, the physical media defo pushes the price up. Example - mortal Kombat 4K release over here in the U.K. was £24.99 on release, the steelbook version - £29.99. Fiver difference. Ultimately it’s a bit of metal, with the premium goodies included, mostly paper / card - inexpensive materials.
The bulk of the costs would be the discs and the steelbook itself. But not forgetting the approval, licensing etc.
But over a standard WEA print run, the costs would be absorbed for the lesser materials.

Well we’ll have agree to disagree. Don’t forget the cost of the disc(s) and rights etc would play into the normal premiums price. Considering weet and manta are relatively cheap in comparison to the other players, the physical media defo pushes the price up. Example - mortal Kombat 4K release over here in the U.K. was £24.99 on release, the steelbook version - £29.99. Fiver difference. Ultimately it’s a bit of metal, with the premium goodies included, mostly paper / card - inexpensive materials.
The bulk of the costs would be the discs and the steelbook itself. But not forgetting the approval, licensing etc.
But over a standard WEA print run, the costs would be absorbed for the lesser materials.
That makes sense, and I completely agree regarding the materials although I read 'all in' in your post as including shipping.

Reactions: Steelselecta
Hmmmm sounds good but I think they need to be 2 disc holders as some titles you would have the empty slot and it would feel incomplete with an empty space.
I.E .... 4K disc and Blu , 4K and 3D etc

Reactions: Aniv
To put this into context, I paid $55usd for Fanatics Frozen 2, shipped to the UK. That release came with an OST, which is useless to me, so it was essentially an empty retail package.

If you take off say $5 for the OST and $15-20 shipping from china the the UK, $30/35 sounds like a fair price point to me.

You can buy just about any 4K amaray you want in the UK for £10 - 15 at some point or another (US is similar), so that fills in the gap of the more typical $50odd rrp of premium releases.

Reactions: Felix_ro
I would be up for buying these at the $30-35 mark. Quite like the idea of putting in the discs that suit me.

Reactions: Aniv
@Aniv instead of another wave of Marvel/Disney, can't we look at other movies, as some have suggested? As popular as they are, there are more than 4-5 releases for almost all Marvel movies. I don't think a lot of the collectors will be excited to pick up another steelbook for the same title.

It would be great if we could focus on directors, like Scorsese's movies or Fincher's movies or Coen Brothers, or just look at acclaimed/popular movies without a steelbook release....again, I have no idea of artwork/studio permissions etc but I have to assume those issues would exist for Disney/Marvel as well.

could also include a digital code to stay disc-less but not totally niche as a physical artifact.

also, start with the ones that don't already haaaave 3 other cool WEA steels.

Reactions: tono06 and Punker76