Marvel Studios: The Infinity Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Complete Collection Box Set) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020 - December 17, 2021 (Re-release))
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £399.99

81jlYAimIkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81dSXFHUQuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81INoDPwVaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 811Hf-YaGxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81Yxcx94uvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 815MDTUhE7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
@paulboland Have you heard anything about a future 4K boxset without all of the limited edition packaging that this has?

I had been waiting for a UK 4K set, so I pre-ordered this when it went live. But I would prefer to have something simpler that will sit on a shelf and not require its own table! :rofl:

I can always remove the film digicases and put them on a shelf and store the display box in the loft, but would prefer not to have to buy the display box at all.
No not seen anything yet

Reactions: thefly
I kinda wish the acrylic remained clear, although it would seem it can be removed?

I’m excited still to get this!

So is it any different from the US boxset? Thank you so much.
The content is the same and overall design similar, but lots of details are different...

The big one that'll appeal to lots of people is the choice to have each film housed in a twin tray digipack, as opposed to cardboard sleeves - this is obviously better for keeping the discs but also for keeping the structure rigid (and therefore the combined mural artwork not looking flimsy and just... bad, like the US one).
The artwork on the cover of each film case is different to the US - this one uses the poster logo artwork, as opposed to the 'still frame' from within the movie.
The Bonus disc case is now "found in a hidden tray in the base of the unit", as opposed to on the end of the 1-23 film collection.
The see-through acrylic lid & black base is a different exterior design to the all-over cardboard red design of the US.
There's no indication that this collection is 'numbered' and therefore limited edition, unlike the US.

See photo differences below! In my opinion, the UK is a considerable upgrade in quality over the US version (they clearly learnt from the complaints...)

US: 6384410_so.jpg

UK: 81jlYAimIkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anyone got it yet? Please share some photos/video of it...

Looks similar to the Hitchcock Ultimate Filmmaker Edition (acrylic case)...of course minus the awesome reel tins

Reactions: Jd007