Marvel Studios: The Infinity Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Complete Collection Box Set) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020 - December 17, 2021 (Re-release))
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £399.99

81jlYAimIkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81dSXFHUQuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81INoDPwVaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 811Hf-YaGxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81Yxcx94uvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 815MDTUhE7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
£400 for this?

If it had...

• Replica high quality Infinity Stones
  • Unique steelbooks with amazing artwork
  • A little trinket from each film
  • Artwork done by a well know COMIC BOOK artist who's worked on high profile Marvel comics
  • Packaging box was super high quality

THEN and only then would I say it could be worth £400 but that set looks awful for the price. It's the MCU, I thought we'd get something a little better.

Even something like this would be a start...

5b9900c416aac403e202e68751253f3a.jpg
I understand your point and agree it doesn't feel like we're getting much for our money in terms of extras/collectibles. No doubt the price would probably be triple what it is now if they included all that though, because Di$ney. :greedy:

Reactions: Mararagan
£400 for this?

If it had...

• Replica high quality Infinity Stones
  • Unique steelbooks with amazing artwork
  • A little trinket from each film
  • Artwork done by a well know COMIC BOOK artist who's worked on high profile Marvel comics
  • Packaging box was super high quality

THEN and only then would I say it could be worth £400 but that set looks awful for the price. It's the MCU, I thought we'd get something a little better.

Even something like this would be a start...

5b9900c416aac403e202e68751253f3a.jpg
If they had followed your above suggestions, this would cost £500 - £600 at least or maybe more.

Reactions: Mararagan
Even with the 2 for £30 that a couple of retailers offer on the 4k movies through the year it would still cost around £350 to buy all of these brand new on 4k.

Even without the offer, rounding all the individual 4k releases down to £20 eachthen the full set would cost you £460. (probably close to £500 considering most brand new outside of offers are £25)

Those two comparisons in mind, with the packaging they are offering and bonus discs then £400 seems 'about right'

You're certainly not going to get between £350-£500 worth of discs, plus replica anything, plus steelbooks plus all the other bells and whistles for £400 or less. Let's be realistic.

Reactions: shazman and Stygian
I understand your point and agree it doesn't feel like we're getting much for our money in terms of extras/collectibles. No doubt the price would probably be triple what it is now if they included all that though, because Di$ney. :greedy:

Lets be honest, it may be Disney's fault if they were to double the price, but we've all seen collectors editions similar to this or with better goodies in but for less.

Price drop a massive 1p drop :giggle:
It's now £399.99

It's cheaper than what USA release price was ($549.99/£445.57) and that sold out at that price :rofl:
UK release looks to be using better packaging than USA 4K edition
Until someone gets delivery of UK edition it won't be known for sure until then if the UK digipack holders holds the dics different to USA release

That's about £395 too expensive!!
I will pay £5 for this "shite" and I want an apology letter for this cheap trash.

I could have done a much better job with this

That's about £395 too expensive!!
I will pay £5 for this "shite" and I want an apology letter for this cheap trash.

I could have done a much better job with this
It would cost you more than £5 to get just one of the films on it's own on DVD or Blu-ray :rofl:
4K release on it's own for 1 film is £20 each

USA release sold out at a more expensive price than UK relesse and was weaker packaging

It would cost you a lot more do this release than it cost Disney

You in for a shock if you ever try to licence a film for release from a film studio as to how much it will cost you :LOL:

This
It would cost you more than £5 to get just one of the films on it's own on DVD or Blu-ray :rofl:
4K release on it's own for 1 film is £20 each

USA release sold out at a more expensive price than UK relesse and was weaker packaging

It would cost you a lot more do this release than it cost Disney

You in for a shock if you ever try to licence a film for release from a film studio as to how much it will cost you :LOL:
This kinda looks like their last box set which was equally bad.
Cheap paper box set, btw I am having trouble navigating through this site how can I find help on this site, i need a wingman

I know it is off topic here, but someone knows whether Phase 3 will get a limited blu-ray edition in the US such as Phase 1 (Briefcase) and Phase 2 (Infinity Stone)?

The worst thing about this release if like the original USA release will be the fact there will be no in hand photos till it releases so you can't even make a choice whether it's worth it to buy until its too late

Thankfully, Amazon have decent customer service so if it comes damaged then returning it should be easy enough

This is pretty cool. Always gutted I missed out on the US boxset. Did that one come with all the 3D discs though?
As long as we get the rare bonus disc that came with that set, I'm happy.

Like the fellow member above, I too am still hoping we get a region A version of the phase 3 boxset. I invested in the first 2 so I'm praying they continue it with the cool props etc.

Reactions: afiaf
This is pretty cool. Always gutted I missed out on the US boxset. Did that one come with all the 3D discs though?
As long as we get the rare bonus disc that came with that set, I'm happy.

Like the fellow member above, I too am still hoping we get a region A version of the phase 3 boxset. I invested in the first 2 so I'm praying they continue it with the cool props etc.
USA release was 4K and Blu-ray
Did not include 3D

Reactions: choochoonesme
Seems strange that Iron Man and Spiderman Far From Home seem to be at the opposite ends in which they should be. Plus the mock up only shows 23 film sleeves so I wonder where the bonus discs one will sit.

Looks like it'll definitely be bigger than the US edition based on the thickness of the movie sleeves and the plastic cover.

Debating buying one and weighing up which one I like most and selling the other, it's crazy the original release goes for 1-2 grand on ebay. Madness
It says on amazon now that there is a hidden tray in the base of the unit with the bonus discs inside

All 23 MCU Films on 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY discs (46 discs) housed in 23 digipacks which are housed inside and protected with a rigid acrylic lid.

:D :D :D

So glad to see they learnt from the first release. I’m hoping the material inside has also had an upgrade of some sort too!

The U.S. edition will remain more collectible & valuable than the UK edition as it is numbered, more limited and a first pressing. The info could change, but there is currently no indication this will be numbered. The lack of numbering means they may print more copies in the UK.

• Wow
Reactions: Behold
The U.S. edition will remain more collectible & valuable than the UK edition as it is numbered, more limited and a first pressing. The info could change, but there is currently no indication this will be numbered. The lack of numbering means they may print more copies in the UK.

Didn’t think of that. However if this is of better quality, I’ll take it!

Reactions: MM3
Didn’t think of that. However if this is of better quality, I’ll take it!

I'm considering getting it in addition to my Best Buy edition, but it wouldn't surprise me if the base was made out of cardboard and the top made out of flimsy plastic, so we'll see.

I'm considering getting it in addition to my Best Buy edition, but it wouldn't surprise me if the base was made out of cardboard and the top made out of flimsy plastic, so we'll see.

My quote above comes directly from the amazon listing, which states it is rigid plastic, which in turn would surely mean the base has to be stronger than standard cardboard to support it, I would hope.

How many was the US Best Buy Limited out of?

My quote above comes directly from the amazon listing, which states it is rigid plastic, which in turn would surely mean the base has to be stronger than standard cardboard to support it, I would hope.

How many was the US Best Buy Limited out of?

I think it was about 4,000.

• Informative
Reactions: Behold