Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
12540604_804215319678074_8404974156745721058_n.jpg

From IMDb:
Official synopsis TBA

HAYLEY-ATWELL_AS_PEGGY_CARTER.jpg

Courtesy of Newsarama:
Officially titled Marvel’s Agent Carter, the show is a period piece set in 1946, at the dawning of S.H.I.E.L.D., and stars Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, the first field agent for the organization. No word yet if Howard Stark will be recast for the series. The official description lists the character as a major player, though.

"It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark, all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers."

The series will be executive produced by Michele Fazekas, Tara Butters, Steve McFeely, Christopher Marcus, and Jeph Loeb.

Attachments

• agent-carter_380x380.jpg
    agent-carter_380x380.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone notice ABC calling next week's episode a season finale? Not sure if we can read much into that, but at least it's better than saying series finale.

This was always just going to be a "Limited-Series". 8 Episodes was the plan from the start.
Sadly, Its ratings are not the best... so i'm not sure if we will get another season or not. Hope so.

This was always just going to be a "Limited-Series". 8 Episodes was the plan from the start.
Sadly, Its ratings are not the best... so i'm not sure if we will get another season or not. Hope so.
With low ratings , it's not likely to come back then.Hopefully with Marvel and Netflix getting close, they can pick it up and make it part of some Marvel slate with Jessica Jones, Dare Devil and Luke cage.

I'm yet to start watching this show but I'm really interested to see how it plays out.

The show is made very nicely and shows a genuine recreation of the 1940's. Production standards are good. Unfortunately the show lacks a wow factor that is required to keep the Marvel universe alive.

This show had such potential. But it fell flat. I think Hayley Atwell is fantastic. And some of the supporting cast is great too. But the writing is so weak.

I saw the first of the 2 episodes and it was okay. I love the characters and more so, love the 1940's time frame. But the stories are meh...

I fear that this will be the series final season. Would be great if they could emphasize more of a super hero theme to it. Thing is, there's not much to attach the audience to Peggy. What is her role in the grander scheme of things.

Reactions: kaw
I saw the first of the 2 episodes and it was okay. I love the characters and more so, love the 1940's time frame. But the stories are meh...

I fear that this will be the series final season. Would be great if they could emphasize more of a super hero theme to it. Thing is, there's not much to attach the audience to Peggy. What is her role in the grander scheme of things.
Well, she is one of the founders of shield and has a daughter that is a major part of Captain Americas story line in the MCU,But that will take years to build up to on Agent Carter.

And for a back story that is great. I don't feel they should spend that much effort on a TV show. They could use the screen time to give a hungry audience what they want.

End of the day, Agents of Shield is also the same. There is no real focus on the superheroes. The shows take place in the same universe but the stories are sub par compared to the Iron Man / Cap / Thor stories. Marvel should take the time to release an outstanding show that challenges the motion pictures. Just IMO