Multi Marvel's Avengers (2020)

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: May 15, 2020 September 4, 2020
Purchase: Amazon

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment.

A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Beta code from game today. Never played a beta before. Think I can use it from the 7th. Can’t wait to play this game.

also so excited that spidey is a PS exclusive
Pre-ordered Beta access will be from August 7th 9pm till the 9th at 9pm
Followed by 2 further Beta access sessions for those that haven't pre-ordered
14th-16th
21st-23rd
Both start and end at 9pm.

Reactions: Flloydo
Ready to go....

E81D6F3F-8D2F-4B86-9404-CC00A56EDD21.jpeg

Reactions: Robles
What do you think? I haven't got around to giving it ago yet.

I only played it for about an hour last night and an hour just now because my PlayStation heats my room to Satan’s temperature on top of the savage heat anyway lol.
It’s not bad, the story seems like it could be ok and it kinda reminds me of Spider-Man in a way but without the open world. It’s don’t flow as well as Spider-Man and some of the fighting, actions and other bits like running seems a little at times. Hoping they can fix that a bit better before release. Saying that, Jedi fallen order was the same but the more you become a Jedi, cal becomes smoother.

I’m not 100% on the war game part. I’d rather play with AI anyway because they seem like side missions you need to do. I don’t fully understand that part anyway. I think there are levels and when you are on the ship you can do the extra side parts (war game or whatever it’s called). Feels weird playing levels and then going online to join with others to complete these side missions so I’ll just use the AI characters. I think that’s how it works anyway.

the whole upgrade screen for the characters seems a bit confusing too. It’s not really explained but im guessing they are saving the breakdown for the actual game. You can add on different attributes for strength and there’s a skill upgrade. The skill upgrade seems simple but the other thing just seems confusing.

there’s certainly room for improvement. Also when it’s moving fast it goes a tad blurry. Again an easy fix for release. Theres a moment in the first level with black widow that’s excellent and it’s that part that reminded me of the Spider-Man gameplay.

I was less impressed last night and even considered cancelling my Pre order but I played a bit more today and got more into it.

I’m guessing the Spider-Man/ Hawkeye characters are for the war games only. Hope not and you can use them in the game levels.

you get to play with all the characters on the first level and then your just hulk and the main girl for the next part. But it seems fun. Especially for marvel fans I suppose but I don’t think it will be as good as Spider-Man. Or the Batman games either

Last edited:
Reactions: Thoth and Robles
@Flloydo
Didn't end up getting a chance to give this a try at the weekend, I believe its back on this weekend so I might get a chance then :thumbs:

Will be getting this either way regardless of what I think of it, my boy will love this but he was up in Scotland the weekend just gone so he didn't get a chance on the Beta.

If its anywhere near as good as the Batman games then ill be happy :whistle::LOL:

I've seen people's comments regarding the game on an article I was reading and most of them seem to be annoyed by the micro-transactions involved with this game.

I also missed the Beta last weekend so I will try it when next time available again. Highly considering to cancel the Collector's Edition and just stick with the standard edition just for the steelbook.

I've seen people's comments regarding the game on an article I was reading and most of them seem to be annoyed by the micro-transactions involved with this game.

I also missed the Beta last weekend so I will try it when next time available again. Highly considering to cancel the Collector's Edition and just stick with the standard edition just for the steelbook.
Its available this weekend mate and the weekend after.

Didn't realise there was going to be Micro-transaction involved with this :cautious: If it wasn't for the fact that my boy will play this id just cancel my pre-order now :LOL: As to be honest I never really had high hopes for this from the start and now that I hear microtransaction are involved makes me even less likely to play it.

Especially after hearing flloydo mention that he doubts it will be as good as Spiderman and the Batman games.
But ill give it a go over this weekend and see :thumbs:

Its available this weekend mate and the weekend after.

Didn't realise there was going to be Micro-transaction involved with this :cautious: If it wasn't for the fact that my boy will play this id just cancel my pre-order now :LOL: As to be honest I never really had high hopes for this from the start and now that I hear microtransaction are involved makes me even less likely to play it.

Especially after hearing flloydo mention that he doubts it will be as good as Spiderman and the Batman games.
But ill give it a go over this weekend and see :thumbs:

what’s micro transaction?

@Flloydo

Ability to purchase virtual goodies with micro payments after the game is released. Basically being able to pay whenever you want some bonuses in-game or whenever they release something new.

I've mostly seen people compare it to Destiny games in Superheroes skins.

Reactions: Flloydo and Robles
@Flloydo exactly what Thoth said.

They can also have a negative impact on a game and have done with a few others, they were first introduced on mobile games that were free to play but then started to find their way into paid console games. The worst for it over the years are EA.

But games like Fornite have a huge Micro-transaction based platform, free to download but nothing else is :wow: :D

@Flloydo

Ability to purchase virtual goodies with micro payments after the game is released. Basically being able to pay whenever you want some bonuses in-game or whenever they release something new.

I've mostly seen people compare it to Destiny games in Superheroes skins.

@Flloydo exactly what Thoth said.

They can also have a negative impact on a game and have done with a few others, they were first introduced on mobile games that were free to play but then started to find their way into paid console games. The worst for it over the years are EA.

But games like Fornite have a huge Micro-transaction based platform, free to download but nothing else is :wow: :D

ah cheers for that. That is annoying.
I thought everything in this game was going to be free though. I swear I see an announcement a few months back that all updates to the game, characters, levels etc would be free.

Also I don’t have PlayStation plus anymore, so I was worried because it would be pointless me getting it if it’s all online. Playing the beta it seems fine to play only with AI but it also seemed to be like war zone for example where it was a feee online setup if you don’t have PSplus. I’m not sure if that’s true but it seemed that way.
It was still letting me connect to other users but i never played them Because it was taking too long and i didn’t want to talk to randoms over headset lol. One guy tried talking to me so I muted him and he left the matchmaking. So I chose AI

Had a go on this last night and to be honest I didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as I did. Quite a good Beta with plenty of time to get a good go at it.

Will definitely be picking this up upon release and am quite looking forward to its release now after having a go :thumbs:

Reactions: Thoth and Flloydo
I had a go at Beta last night for like an hour.

Dunno where to place it, it looked like fun in the beginning with all the skills and combos but then I kinda got tired when game kept throwing enemies after enemies at me.
It feels like it's just button mashing without much strategy to it. Hope it goes deeper than that when it's fully released.

Glad I cancelled my Collector's Edition but will still grab the Standard Edition to give it a real try.

Reactions: Noodles and Robles
Bought the standard ps4 version in error and opened it. Can’t remember if there were any codes but nothing has been redeemed. If anyone wants to buy it from me, send me a message. Will sell below cost.

Was never that impressed by the trailers, but figured it was probably just me because of my lack of interest in gaming nowadays... however, just been watching some gameplay and even the person playing said it gets really repetitive and boring pretty quickly. Heard it's full of bugs too, some of which I saw in the short gameplay vid I watched.