Upcoming Marvel's Howard the Duck (Season 1) [Hulu]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
The age of the Defenders is passing away; let the age of the Offenders begin!

Following the recent cancellations of Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil, it seems like the storied Netflix/Marvel partnership is fading out. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t going to be new Marvel TV adaptations to look forward to on streaming services. On Monday, Hulu announced a new partnership with Marvel Television that would produce four new animated shows based on obscure-but-beloved comic characters: M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler, and Howard the Duck. These four original shows will then culminate in the team-up special Marvel’s The Offenders.

Marvel’s Howard The Duck focuses on the travails of the talking duck character first created by Steve Gerber as a play on a classic “funny animal” character trapped in a world he never made. The character became such a counter-cultural icon in the ’70s that he received write-in votes for President in the 1976 campaign. His appearance in the end-credits scene of Guardians of the Galaxy teased a future in the MCU, but for now Howard will star in this animated show. With the hope of his “Gal pal” Beverly, Howard hopes to return home before he can be cooked by the evil Dr. Bong. Later, Howard will team up with MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, and Hit-Monkey to “save the world and certain parts of the universe.”

Kevin Smith and Dave Willis are writer and producers on Howard the Duck, with Loeb.

via EW

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles
Interested to hear more about this :whistle: As cheesy as the film was, I've always been a fan of it and the comics:D

Sooner rather than later I hope with a lot of what they are apparently bringing to our screens :thumbs: