Upcoming Marvel's M.O.D.O.K. (Season 1) [Hulu]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
The age of the Defenders is passing away; let the age of the Offenders begin!

Following the recent cancellations of Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil, it seems like the storied Netflix/Marvel partnership is fading out. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t going to be new Marvel TV adaptations to look forward to on streaming services. On Monday, Hulu announced a new partnership with Marvel Television that would produce four new animated shows based on obscure-but-beloved comic characters: M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler, and Howard the Duck. These four original shows will then culminate in the team-up special Marvel’s The Offenders.

Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. centers around the funniest-looking villain in the entire superhero canon. Though his name stands for Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing, the primary fact about M.O.D.O.K is that he has a really big head and a really small body. This new show will focus on M.O.D.O.K.’s struggle to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family.

Patton Oswalt is writing and producing M.O.D.O.K. alongside Jordan Blum and Marvel Television chief Jeph Loeb.

via EW

I always keep an open mind about all of these (not just Marvel), until we see the finished product.

I get that this is going to be more of a comedy with Patton Oswalt doing it. And maybe it will be great?...
BUT there are officially too many comic book shows now. I used to be able to keep up but this year its been impossible (especially with all the DC shows). I am going to have to been even more picky with my time and this one i don't think will make the cut.

Here's a list of everything I could think of that is out right now or coming out soon:
(I know some of these are canceled now)

Netflix:
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Punisher
Umbrella Academy
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Lucifer

Marvel:
Agents of SHIELD
Runaways
Cloak and Dagger

Disney+
Falcon & Winter Solider
Loki
Wandavison

Hulu:
Hit-Monkey
Tigra & Dazzler
Howard the Duck
MODOK

CW:
Arrow
Flash
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow
Black Lightning
iZombie
Riverdale
Batwoman

DCU:
Titans
Doom Patrol
Swamp Thing

Syfy:
Krypton
Wynona Earp
Deadly Class

AMC:
Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Preacher

HBO:
Watchmen

Amazon:
The Tick
The Boys

Fox/Fx/etc:
Gotham
The Gifted
Legion
Pennyworth

And I probably missed a few too?? Thats INSANE. Nobody can watch that all. Can they?

and i should point out too... those are only the LIVE ACTION shows! Think of how many more animated series there are to add to the list!

@kaw I hear ya, but that's the beauty of it all, we have choices. Imagine if it was the opposite, where we just had a few shows and most of them sucked. I'll take the current situation any day over that alternative. :)

@kaw I hear ya, but that's the beauty of it all, we have choices. Imagine if it was the opposite, where we just had a few shows and most of them sucked. I'll take the current situation any day over that alternative. :)

Oh for sure. Its a great problem to have!!