Cancelled Marvel's The Inhumans (Season 1) [ABC]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
inhumanbanner.jpg

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. “Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

The first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans”--produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras--will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
"It is expected to consist of eight episodes, with the first two filmed entirely with IMAX cameras. ABC is expected to then take those first two episodes and expand them with additional content for broadcast, which suggests that perhaps these first two episodes in their IMAX format may not be as long as hourlong broadcast television. Or, on the flipside, maybe the broadcast versions will be “extended” episodes. Either way, the point is that even those who see the first episodes in IMAX will be spurred to watch them on ABC less they miss out on seeing the whole thing."

"Moreover, subsequent action sequences in the series—including some set on the moon—will also be shot using IMAX cameras even though the episodes (as of now) won’t be in IMAX theaters. IMAX is reportedly paying for these first two episodes, which explains why ABC was able to greenlight such an expensive concept, and indeed THR says the whole idea for this Inhumans series debuting in IMAX in the first place was IMAX’s idea."

Marvel’s Inhumans series casts Anson Mount as Black Bolt

Mount-Anson-high-res.jpg

Hell on Wheels star Anson Mount has landed the lead role of Black Bolt in the Marvel’s Inhumans series

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
They definitely look the part.
Never seen them in anything before but I'm excited to see these characters in live action.

BTW, they better find a way to do the queen's hair justice ! I wonder how different the series might get from the source material.

Last edited:
FULL CAST:
anson-mount.jpg serinda-swan.jpg iwan-rheon.jpg ken-leung.jpg
eme-ikwuakor.jpg isabelle-cornish.jpg mike-moh.jpg auran.jpg

And just a reminder:
The first two episodes of the new ABC series, which will be shot entirely with IMAX® cameras, will premiere exclusively in IMAX® theatres for a two-week window in September 2017, prior to the 8-episode network run.

Everyone looks good except Medusa... She makes this look like a syfy show.

View attachment 310130
I loved Serinda Swan in Smallville as Zatana
Serinda_Swan_as_Zatanna_Zatara.jpg

But in this first pic of her, geez.... this looks cheap...

Really intrigued by this show as, even if I don't know the comics, I kinda of understood that the Inhumans are a big thing for Marvel... Also, since I'm following Agents of Shield/Hydra, it's all been a good teaser for the REAL Inhumans to arrive...

I loved Serinda Swan in Smallville as Zatana
View attachment 310191

But in this first pic of her, geez.... this looks cheap...

Really intrigued by this show as, even if I don't know the comics, I kinda of understood that the Inhumans are a big thing for Marvel... Also, since I'm following Agents of Shield/Hydra, it's all been a good teaser for the REAL Inhumans to arrive...

I KNOW! Loved her as Zatana!

Medusa was always going to be tricky to do for the screen. Her hair would probably have to be CGI and done very carefully to look good..
This just looks like a bad wig. Also the bright purple dress doesn't help. They needed to tone down 1 of the 2 things. Feels like both are at 100% and it looks cheesy and fake.
Hopefully we can see a trailer soon and it will put my worries to rest.

Gosh I'm so disappointed with how this turned out. This could be the big Marvel flop that we expected would happen sometime.
This biggest problem with it is that it looks like an cheesy ABC show. This could have been epic but instead it looks really cheap and bad.

I looked up who the show runner is... and its the same guy who did Iron Fist... My confidence in this show just got even lower.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Gosh I'm so disappointed with how this turned out. This could be the big Marvel flop that we expected would happen sometime.
This biggest problem with it is that it looks like an cheesy ABC show. This could have been epic but instead it looks really cheap and bad.

I looked up who the show runner is... and its the same guy who did Iron Fist... My confidence in this show just got even lower.
LOL! :D

I honestly don't plan on watching it. Doesn't look interesting to me at all :stop: I just want my Daredevil Season 3! :hungry: :drool: :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw