12003705-1704652012507520.jpg
12003704-9204652014057200.jpg

12003704-8704652012376450.jpg
12003704-9294652011942305.jpg
12003704-3484635142510218.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful streaky matte. Disney are going backwards again

Awful streaky matte. Disney are going backwards again

It is not that bad. I actually quite like it, it is definitely not a poor matte. Hold it next to The Rock or Armageddon to see what a streaky matte looks like!

My issue is that I ordered the one disc, and although only one disc was delivered, the steelbook as space for two. Which looks really odd. Did anyone else find that? I have contacted Zavvi who have replied asking for more information, but I really want to know if mine is wrong or if Disney are now just putting the same steelbooks out there and filling with one or two discs depending on what was ordered.

It is not that bad. I actually quite like it, it is definitely not a poor matte. Hold it next to The Rock or Armageddon to see what a streaky matte looks like!

My issue is that I ordered the one disc, and although only one disc was delivered, the steelbook as space for two. Which looks really odd. Did anyone else find that? I have contacted Zavvi who have replied asking for more information, but I really want to know if mine is wrong or if Disney are now just putting the same steelbooks out there and filling with one or two discs depending on what was ordered.
Steelbook is same for 4K only difference is Jcard and discs included

4K/2D Blu-ray Steelbook is 2 discs
2D Blu-ray steelbook is 1 disc

Some steelbooks the distributors use a different insert for discs and sometimes they don't
Depends on the distributor in each country if they use a 1 disc insert or 2 discs insert

Distributors don't do different print runs for 4K and Blu-ray only steelbooks it's just one print run shared between each other
It also saves on costs not having to make separate disc inserts

True, the streakyness is not as bad as some but it’s still there and it’s bugged me that there is no special finish.

Steelbook is not streaky at all it's a decent matte finish but could have been better if some spot gloss had of been used

The artwork is like a painting in terms of brush strokes effect used which can be seen also in the mock up

57435706_10217827532260556_452735217090691072_n.jpg

Reactions: robbodoc
Don’t know why they’re doing this, but it looks like FYE is getting the left over non-4k Zavvi Steels for the same price as the Best Buy USA 4K Steel...

So for some strange reason if you really want to blow some extra money, FYE has this for $34.99

https://www.fye.com/mary-poppins-re...blu-ray-steelbook-fye.000008717418544041.html
FYE have been ordering UK stock for a good few steelbooks lot of Mondo X disney steelbooks listings are UK stock

It's likely FYE ordering stock from Zavvi website as I be surprised if Disney UK supplying stock direct to FYE

FYE have been ordering UK stock for a good few steelbooks lot of Mondo X disney steelbooks listings are UK stock

It's likely FYE ordering stock from Zavvi website as I be surprised if Disney UK supplying stock direct to FYE
Right, I'm aware they've been getting left over Disney Mondos. Do we know that they're buying stock from Zavvi rather than a distributor is moving around inventory to try to sell it?

Right, I'm aware they've been getting left over Disney Mondos. Do we know that they're buying stock from Zavvi rather than a distributor is moving around inventory to try to sell it?
I don't know for sure but I will assume it's more of a situation of FYE ordering from Zavvi website
I would be very surprised if Disney UK was supplying stock direct to FYE (USA Retailer) a UK release with UK discs inside and with UK Jcard

Overstock companies often purchase unsold stock at cheap prices from retailers and then sell this stock to other retailers but I not sure if this has happened with these Disney Steelbooks as they would show up with UK retailers usually first before USA retailers be offered stock

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles