Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 26th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on Sunday 20th November)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000

11356857-2134432179334653.jpg

11356857-1214432179387708.jpg 11356857-1764432179486612.jpg 11356857-7284432179446898.jpg

Last edited:
For my money I would love to see the superb 1973 Frankenstein The True Story in full HD and steelbook. Next to Hammer's 1958 one, my favourite take on it... Not knocking the Universal ones, The original 1931 one is still a brilliant film...... The little girl sequence is still a chilling piece of cinema........ but I do think a few others like the 1973 are often overlooked which is a shame........ I have to admit the 1994 one does nothing for me but each to their own. I think the problem is that it tries to be too faithful to the original novel and ends up being far less creative as a result... But it's a steelbook and any steelbooks of older movies are welcome.

I'm very interested in this

I remember watching this with my dad when it came out on VHS when I was around 9 and I loved it. Possibly got me into monsters. Or at least bridged the gap between childish monsters and adult monsters for me

I know I watched it once again in my teens but I need to see it again

If we're defining "classic" as "anything more than 20 years old," then I guess this fits. But really, of all the movies to make a steelbook for... Or even—of all the Kenneth Branagh movies to make a steelbook for.

Classic is usually defined as a show or film that has passed the test of time Usually 20 years is about right. So Frankenstein 1931 or Hammers Frankenstein 1958 are certainly classics in every sense of the word....

I remember watching this with my dad when it came out on VHS when I was around 9 and I loved it. Possibly got me into monsters. Or at least bridged the gap between childish monsters and adult monsters for me

9? and now I feel OLD hahaha!

Oh hell yes this is an instant purchase for me! Amazing film!

9? and now I feel OLD hahaha!

Oh hell yes this is an instant purchase for me! Amazing film!

Well I am 30 now and I'm not getting any younger

Then again I was recently working with a bunch of peeps who didn't know the new robocop and total recall films was remakes, wasn't even alive when toy story came out and once surrounded me in amazement like I had created a new species when i pulled a vinyl out of a HMV bag

That made me feel old

Reactions: psychoscot

1995 vhs release year you where only 9 :giggle:
The cinema release was in 1994 I was 28 years of age

Your still young at 30 :LOL:
I'm 50 years old in November this year

When I was 9
I got into horror watching the universal horror classics and Hammer Horror films

Well I am 30 now and I'm not getting any younger

Then again I was recently working with a bunch of peeps who didn't know the new robocop and total recall films was remakes, wasn't even alive when toy story came out and once surrounded me in amazement like I had created a new species when i pulled a vinyl out of a HMV bag

That made me feel old

My wife's students (9th graders) think that Britney Spears is "old music" !!! That made me feel old.

1995 vhs release year you where only 9 :giggle:
The cinema release was in 1994 I was 28 years of age

Your still young at 30 :LOL:
I'm 50 years old in November this year

When I was 9
I got into horror watching the universal horror classics and Hammer Horror films

I forget I'm 30, I certainly don't act like it.
So it's like me going to see days of future past 2 years ago at 28 and then in 20 years some youngen says they remember that on 3D blu Ray when they were 9 (by this time blu Ray will be long gone we will be in the films like virtual reality acting out the scenes robbing trucks in faster and more furious 27)

My wife's students (9th graders) think that Britney Spears is "old music" !!! That made me feel old.

Ha, I suppose it's becoming old now. I was 13 when baby hit me one more time came out, the perfect age to be introduced to Britney and that outfit! (I was more an aguilera fan anyway)

Made me laugh in Star Trek beyond when bones says to Spock that beastie boys was classical music

I went away with work not long ago and one of the guys had found this bar he thought id love. The way he explained it was "it has all that oldie music you like" so i checked it out and he was right, it was a bit of me but the music they were playing was literally 4 years old lol

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC