UK
Release: March 31st, 2017
Platform: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

ME A PS4.jpg ME A XBOX1.jpg
A new adventure awaits in the Mass Effect universe. With stunning visuals and a new galaxy to discover, BioWare delivers the next generation of space exploration.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Coming Holiday 2016 to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by a moderator:
There is something going on with this game and it seems weird.First, there is no season pass.What game doesn't have some kind of season pass?Second, there are no plans for dlc.No dlc for a major game?And finally, no dedicated servers for online that will influence the campaign.it they are sending this game out to die for some reason.

It blows that Electronic Arts can't keep everything standardized. They should have made this available on Steam for gods sakes, instead you have to download Origin to play it on the PC. I already have Steam and Blizzard running in the background I sure as hell don't need to add Origin to that list too. I don't like Origin!

I guess I'll be passing on this game.

Yeah- so I just finished this one.
Has any one else gotten to the end yet?
yeah, i beat it in about 60 hours or so with all side quest.There is a lot of content but most of if feels like filler to me.The game was OK but overall really forgettable.Hopefully any sequel will be better.

yeah, i beat it in about 60 hours or so with all side quest.There is a lot of content but most of if feels like filler to me.The game was OK but overall really forgettable.Hopefully any sequel will be better.

The game was painfully mediocre.
The mechanics worked well enough to keep the combat system fun- but the story and the writing were just not up to par with what Mass Effect has had to offer in the past.
However, with regards to the characters and the arcs that they have and could potentially go through- there is a lot of room for growth. I think that Bioware has a firm platform to continue to develop these characters and this story- and to take their assets and bring us something truly inspired. As is- a lot of the characters are as deep and compelling as your crew from Mass Effect 1- but the benefit of Mass Effect 1-3 was seeing these crew members evolve over the course of three games. If a more interesting narrative can be hammered out by whatever successor follows Andromeda, I think that the given characters have a lot of potential to grow.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lone Crusader
The game was painfully mediocre.
The mechanics worked well enough to keep the combat system fun- but the story and the writing were just not up to par with what Mass Effect has had to offer in the past.
However, with regards to the characters and the arcs that they have and could potentially go through- there is a lot of room for growth. I think that Bioware has a firm platform to continue to develop these characters and this story- and to take their assets and bring us something truly inspired. As is- a lot of the characters are as deep and compelling as your crew from Mass Effect 1- but the benefit of Mass Effect 1-3 was seeing these crew members evolve over the course of three games. If a more interesting narrative can be hammered out by whatever successor follows Andromeda, I think that the given characters have a lot of potential to grow.
I was one of the few people who didn't really care for the jet pack and so called added mobility.I was also not a fan of the big open worlds.That's not what masseffect is to me.Mass effect should be story and decisions based not mining for resources and and fighting random wild life.Bioware should go back to where the game is more linear similar to the size and flow of uncharted and what they call" Open linear" story telling.

The good news though is they can only go up from here.They can't get any worse or this series is toast.

I was one of the few people who didn't really care for the jet pack and so called added mobility.I was also not a fan of the big open worlds.That's not what masseffect is to me.Mass effect should be story and decisions based not mining for resources and and fighting random wild life.Bioware should go back to where the game is more linear similar to the size and flow of uncharted and what they call" Open linear" story telling.

The good news though is they can only go up from here.They can't get any worse or this series is toast.

Agreed. While there should be an aspect of choice to the series (and not be completely linear) the biggest draw about Mass Effect is the narrative, and how well the series executes it's dramatic storytelling.
For Andromeda to have such a poorly executed story is absolutely baffling. I can't say that Andromeda is a bad game, it's a fairly solid game in of itself- it just missed the point entirely... and that's what makes it so disappointing.

• Thanks
Reactions: dboy99