3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Matrix 4

Tagline: Return to the source.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Release: 2021-22-12

Runtime: 157

Plot: The fourth installment in The Matrix franchise. Plot unknown.

Reactions: domalorite
Just don't know if I can revisit the Matrix....

A bunch of projects from the Wachowski's that I was hopeful with lately that didn't go well.

Ugh
I have the same concerns... I haven't really loved anything of theirs since the Matrix trilogy, and Jupiter Ascending is honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

‘Matrix 4’ Cast Adds Eight Weeks to Production Schedule in Wake of Shutdown

Warner Bros. appears hopeful that production on “Matrix 4” will restart by early July.

Multiple sources tell Variety that the cast of Lana Wachowski’s fourth installment of the sci-fi franchise has signed eight-week extensions to keep the actors on hold until at least July 6.

Filming began in February in San Francisco before moving to Berlin in mid-March. However, cameras never got rolling in Europe because production was halted in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

Original “Matrix” stars Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss are reprising their roles in the fourth film. Rounding out the cast are Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Neil Patrick Harris, Brian J. Smith, Toby Onwumere and Jonathan Groff.

The film is currently scheduled for a 2021 release. Warner Bros. has not announced an exact date nor if it will be impacted by the postponed production.

Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell wrote the script with Wachowski, who will also produce with Grant Hill. Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow will produce and globally distribute the film.

Variety exclusively reported in August that a new “Matrix” movie was in the works.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich in a statement announcing the project. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

The first three films — “The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. Lana and her sister, Lilly, wrote and directed the trio, which starred Reeves and Moss as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

via Variety

Let’s just be honest here. The Wachowski’s have done one decent film: the first Matrix. Everything else has been pretty much crap.

E937D023-0554-455F-B458-3F7646B4D9A0.gif

Let’s just be honest here. The Wachowski’s have done one decent film: the first Matrix. Everything else has been pretty much crap.
I love plenty of their films, but can understand why some wouldn't. Have you seen Bound though? Because that's genuinely great!

Reactions: 3Maters
John Wick vs. Neo: Keanu Reeves has an excellent answer for who would win in a fight.

The whole interview is less than 10 minutes but the part about Wick vs. Neo is at the 8:09 mark

Yeah guessed resurrections considering it starts with an R and Neo and Trinity are back. Man I hope this is good

There's a short teaser showing some actual clips on the site... CHOOSE YOUR REALITY

EDIT - The clips and voiceovers are different depending on which pill you select. Very cool!

EDIT 2 - Looks like the clips change each time you play it.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee