3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Matrix 4

Tagline: Return to the source.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Release: 2021-22-12

Runtime: 157

Plot: The fourth installment in The Matrix franchise. Plot unknown.

Reactions: domalorite
matrix_resurrections_ver16.jpg

Reactions: tommyh84
My god, this looks insanely good. Was going to see this anyway of course but the first trailer had me lower my expectations. This is a whole different animal now. Let's hope this is going to be awesome!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
My god, this was downright awful. I thought the trailer was bad, but obviously that still didn't prepare me for just how truly horrendous it would be. The whole thing just felt like a parody and was cheesy/cringy as hell, with the last half hour in particular being extremely laughable. Sorry, but Lana Wachowski should be ashamed lol.

My god, this was downright awful. I thought the trailer was bad, but obviously that still didn't prepare me for just how truly horrendous it would be. The whole thing just felt like a parody and was cheesy/cringy as hell, with the last half hour in particular being extremely laughable. Sorry, but Lana Wachowski should be ashamed lol.
I was half expecting another full on Trans Rules Ok fest similar to Sense8 which was an utter abomination. So was thankful that was reigned in. Still a 1.5/5 for me. Absolute Garbage!

I'm definitely getting BVS vibes where I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed it :LOL::rofl:

sad batman GIF

I do agree about the end of the film though even I who enjoyed the majority of the film felt it lost it's way then (clearly a lot will feel it lost its way way before that lol)

Reactions: 3Maters and Noodles
Whoa, this topic is TEN years old!

Finally got to watch it in theaters.
I wrote, and then self-deleted a whole rant about how I got into a theater, as even if I hid it under a 'spoiler', it'd get removed by moderators. Those so inclined can read the 'unedited' version on my forum.

So, the opening scene, basically copying the one from the original, almost invoked an irritated response, like here we go, rehashing everything again, like with the new Star Wars trilogy. Thankfully that was intentional, but raised a bunch of questions.
The following part with Anderson was probably the best one, including a whole montage set to that White Rabbit song.
The rest is full of 'representation', 'diversity', and 'female power', although I'm not against the last one, and it didn't seem ham-fisted. Sure, the ship captain is a girl, the helping hologram/program is a daughter, the leader of 'hoomans' is an old lady, and finally there's the ass-kicking, bike riding Trinity, but I love Carrie-Ann Moss, and grew up with mother and sister, and live and talk most of my life with the 'girls', so feminism for me is like the right way, and doesn't bother at all. It may, rather it will offend many what Neo and even Morpheus were reduced to...
Did not like the guy, who played new Agent Smith, at all. It's hard to follow Hugo Weaving, and he even tries to imitate, cringe-inducingly, the manner of speaking. He's like a generic, clean, pretty boy version from one of those WB tv channel series (or CW, or whatever they're called now, CyWy probably), where everyone is 'perfect' model.
Morpheus is some kind of disco poser now.
Why, again, couldn't we have Weaving and Fishburne themselves? New version, expunged? F off studio, you got that french guy, to play mereringudingu... eh, didn't you, you lying pieces of shite.

Also they've tried their best to replicate all the score cues from the original film, including remixes of some songs used. Like when 'Anderson' wakes up near his computer, this time with a bunch of modern, large screens, some version of Dissolved Girl is playing, but is not listed ANYWHERE.
Ironic, that in these government opressed times, at the end plays a cover of "Wake Up", from the number one anti-establishment band, although a female version, of course. It sounds good, but is redone word for word, and I just don't see the need. Could've been cooler if Rage against the Machine done a new version themselves.
I liked when Nick Cave did an altered version of Red Right Hand for Scream 3, or, especially, Moby wholly rerecorded three more versions of Extreme Ways for Bourne 3, 4, and 5, each better than the previous!
There's an extreme amount of questions left, and one, maybe, could scold the movie for that, but for some reason I don't want to.
Yeah, it's like meeting old friends after 20 years, they're not the same anymore, and it makes you more sad, than happy, but glad to see them anyway...

Saw it tonight as well.
I have to say that I have to much respect for what this film actually dared to be and what it says. I rewatched the trilogy this week and Resurrections feels - apart from the weirdly modern shooting style - like a direct and absolutely logical continuation of the story. The first 20 minutes I was like "wait, this kind of sucks" and then the "Warner Bros." line came in the office and I was like Oh my god they're doing a seriously meta, matrix-y and ballsy thing here.
Loved the ending and I really hope they do 2 more films, Lana said "No" but they're kind of saying that the story will condinue as well, who knows.
This is definitely going to be a Last Jedi thing, some are going to hate it, some are going to love it.
Edit: I agree that Smith and Morpheous should have been played by the original actors however, the new, digital Morpheous was extremely unfitting to the whole vibe of the film.

I was half expecting another full on Trans Rules Ok fest similar to Sense8 which was an utter abomination. So was thankful that was reigned in. Still a 1.5/5 for me. Absolute Garbage!
Dunno, i still found it to be "woke" in places, which I don't have a problem with if it's actually necessary, but it felt forced IMO. Also hated the whole meta thing.

I'm definitely getting BVS vibes where I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed it :LOL::rofl:

sad batman GIF

I do agree about the end of the film though even I who enjoyed the majority of the film felt it lost it's way then (clearly a lot will feel it lost its way way before that lol)
You're definitely not alone mate... there's a lot out there who like it. LWLies magazine gave it a full 5-stars, which I never would've expected from them!

Good to know. I suspected that was my reason I was on the fence about a new subscription to HBO Max, glad I didn't now. :thumbs: IMHO this franchise was best laid sleeping and not dredged up.

Reactions: Noodles
You know, I didn't hate it but it's not a patch on the original. Wachowski clearly felt held to hostage in making this, but the meta stuff came off as a bit of a tantrum and also felt like she was sticking two vickies up at the audience who embraced the original (ok I get her anger at those who, as always, missed the point of the original film and stole the red-pill concept). Made me feel like an idiot, yet it's not my fault that she cannot accept the legacy of The Matrix to the point she has to have a jibe at Warner Bros, at the audience...

Once it got going it was a reasonably solid actioner with a surprising amount of heart and humour. But they never matched any of the insane action from the original. They got an excellent actor in to play this version of Morpheus then gave him far too little to do.

Jessica Henwick was fantastic though, and Keanu & Moss still sparked when they got a chance.

6/10. I'd actually want the sequel given to someone who won't shy away from the legacy of the original.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Personally been yoyoing on my opinion of the film. Definitely didn't hate it though. And one things for sure: I absolutely respect it. Was it successfully executed? Idk...but it dared to be different. I am getting sick and tired of mindless nostalgia-bait reboots and so it was at the very least amusing to see a take down of them. Will be giving this a rewatch this week. Really love that this was released just mere days after another mega nostagia bait movie hehe

My BIG letdown were the characters.
I was afraid of the no Fishburne/Weaving situation and it truly was a mess. Seeing "Morpheus" and Smith trying to copy the originals... geez it was painfull. Bugs & The Analyst were fine, did what they were supposed to. Finally, Niobe/Merovingian, what a freaking joke those were. Could/should have skipped those.

The story:
Ok... got what they wanted to accomplish. The "resurrection" idea was "clever" as it would bring more energy to the whole process and this is what a machine would do: optimize.

Maybe it's because I've re-watched the Trilogy 1 week prior of this, but seeing the 50+ clip reference was redundant. I guess it's to help the newer viewers, but in this case, is there really going to be new viewers since this whole thing is based on nostalgia?

Finally, the battles were a big MEH! In the old bathroom... boring as h*** and was about to fast forward the whole scene. Had the same feeling at the end battle of Revolution when Neo/Smith battles/fly all over the city waiting for one to win...

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Scottish Drinker guy was predictably disappointed in the Regurgitation/Retaliation/Recirculation sequel, and destroyed it. The most amount of shites, pukes, and f-offs ever... :D