MCM London Comic Con 24-26 May 2013

Nyvo

Premium Supporter
Sep 3, 2012
London
london_ticket_banner_2013.jpg

24 - 26 May 2013 - ExCel London Royal Victoria Dock

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/

Anyone planning on going? Myself and a work colleague have booked our tickets for this. Thoroughly excited! :oohyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will start my post by saying this post is all of my own and my own opinions on the event and their organisers and doesn't necessarily represent those of anyone else.

Horrible horrible event with terrible organisation IMO

Only reason to go is if you like to walk around a very very very overcrowded hall with people (mainly 14-17 year olds) dressed up in cosplay and every stall selling Anime/J-Pop/Japanese stuff and hoards of kids sitting on the floor playing either Magic The Gathering cards or Nintendo DS clogging up the actual walkways

I've been twice...... unless they get an amazing guest I will NEVER go again. The organisers haven't got a clue, and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan of Showmasters (Collectormania, London Film & Comic Con, etc)..... the MCM make Showmasters look like the grandmasters of events for the UK and that's saying something!

Always makes me laugh when they say it's Europes biggest Comic Con.... maybe biggest CON yeah!! It's only big because of all of the cosplayers, nothing more. Do not go if you're expecting to go for movie stuff.... unless it's anything Japanese related you'll be sorely disappointed :)

If however, you've been before, and you enjoy it then fair enough I hope you have a great time

Reactions: Nyvo
That would explain why tickets were and still are available and are pretty cheap! :hilarious:

I've never been before, but I've only tickets for the one day and at least I know what to expect now! :thumbs:

Reactions: cooey
Don't get me wrong mate, that's just my opinion. I hope you have a great time :)

I look forward to hearing what you think to it

I went last year for the first time in a good few years since it changed to a more cosplay-centric event and have to agree with cooey about the organisation - its very poor

It gets incredibly, incredibly busy - I arrived late morning and had to queue for 2+ hours to get in and when you do get in, the entrance has (or at least it did last time) a shopping area directly inside which was so crammed that it took another hour to squeeze my way through there before I could get to see any of the exhibits

Once you do get in there is a lot to see and do but again be prepared to queue for everything as its so busy

There's definitely a good time to be had but would just say that it's worth getting there as early as possible

Oh and be prepared to be hugged. A lot. Like, seriously, almost non stop someone will want to hug you!

I agree 100% with what everyone says. I've been there perhaps 3 times (last being many years ago) and that Tokyo Pop and the kids hugging each other really get on my nerves. They all act like they havent seen each other in decades (its always a hug that doesn't seem quite honest if you catch my drift. It's like their bodies don't touch).

It's always cramped (and people complain about how packed my trains are!).

But the line up this year is pretty good. Yesterday they had Dougrey Scott and today they have Edger Wright!

But the last time I did go I got a great picture and autographs from Melissa George from her time on Alias.

Last edited: