Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Men

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Alex Garland

Cast: Jessie Buckley, Rory Kinnear

Plot: A young woman goes on a solo vacation to the English countryside after the death of her ex-husband.

693b794a-45c0-41ce-821d-806717774da3_688541_TABLET_LANDSCAPE_LARGE_16_9.jpg

This looks IN-SANE!

I made the mistake of watching the Annihilation trailer after watching this one, and now I got that "soundtrack" stuck in my head. Frig..

Finally got around to watching this. Not fully sure what I just witnessed but it certainly delivered. Absolutely bonkers! My brain was scrambled although it did start to kind of make sense at the end. Absolutely mental visuals and honestly saw something I never thought I’d see. Reminded me of society at one point. Incredible performances from Jessie Buckley as expected and Rory Kinnear too.

Certainly needs a second watch at some point just like Ex Machina and Annihilation for its hidden symbolism, messages, clues and answers. I also hope we get a steelbook to sit with those two too

Garland has a real weird thing for knives and stabs/ slashes. Always makes me feel uneasy. Every single film of his now

We’ve had Robots, aliens and now religious shape shifting creature man child’s. Nice

Finally got to see this. Garland did not disappoint. Even tho I liked his other two films better, this one still has his original signature and the symbolism elements he is known for. This one was pretty straight forward imo, but still kept me thinking about it and Im definitely going to rewatch at some point. Fantastic performances by Buckley and Kinnear. And that ending! Even someone like Cronenberg would be impressed :)

Reactions: leelee17
An extremely boring, ugly, stupid film, full of artsy allegories and references, both in quotations of poems, and in visual horror, that I have no reason or will to interpret. The ending sequence is cool by itself, but the whole movie is just irritating. I don't want to discuss it, I don't want to explain it, as there's nothing interesting or fun in it. Alex Garland hasn't done a good movie since Ex Machina, and looking at what followed, I might alter my opinion even about that.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database