Metal Gear’s 31st Anniversary

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Metal Gear Solid Movie Director Celebrates the Franchise’s Anniversary with New Line of Art
Source: DualShockers
On this day 31 years ago, the original Metal Gear released for the MSX2 and kickstarted what would become one of the most iconic franchises in gaming history.

To celebrate this milestone, Jordan Vogt-Roberts, the director of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid film, has decided to spend the next 31 days releasing art alongside “next-gen artists” based on Hideo Kojima’s iconic world. This art, however, is not reflective of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid movie and is instead just being referred to as “fan art” that is meant to honor the series.

Vogt-Roberts made this announcement this morning through his personal Twitter account but had a special Colonel relay the message with more specifics of this plan to celebrate Metal Gear’s 31st anniversary. Check out the video in the tweet below to see what I mean.

metal-gear-solid.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Metal-Gear-Solid-Fan-Art-1.jpg
As for the first piece of art that Vogt-Roberts has released in the series, you can find it in the header image at the top of the article. The piece, by Nick Foreman, features Metal Gear REX off in the distance with a lone soldier standing in the foreground. “The bond we formed via mechs reinforced that we should be loud w/ our love of this franchise as we may find friends & collaborators in the process,” Vogt-Roberts said in his caption of the image.

Even though these pieces of art have nothing to do with the upcoming Metal Gear Solid film — a project we haven’t heard from in some time — this is nonetheless a really cool idea that will be fun to keep up with over the next month. Keep an eye on the Twitter thread that Vogt-Roberts started to see all 31 pieces of art that will be revealed going forward.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I have little faith in a movie adaptation at all really. You have to feel it'll be missing all of that Kojima quirkyness. :confused:

I actually just finished a Big Boss emblem run of MGS4 2 days ago. Had alot of fun revisiting the game.. 'This is good.. isn't it?'. :happy:

That is badass! @Wreck The original MGS is the one I look back on most fondly as well so that just makes me want to pinch it from you even more! :rofl:
same here man. the controller switch for psycho mantis was evolutionary. I was still on Nintendos /dreamcast etc. and it was literally MGS1 that made me buy a ps1.

saw this guy on social who made these so hit him up and bought it. dont think he makes them anymore. wasnt priced all that bad either. thought it was just too cool to pass up.