Metal Gear Solid 4 - Trophy support on its way!

Jan 29, 2009
Metal Gear Solid (Metaru Gia Soriddo, commonly abbreviated as MGS) is a stealth action video game directed and written by Hideo Kojima.[5] The game was developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Japan and first published by Konami in 1998 for the PlayStation video game console. It is the third canonical title in the Metal Gear series, and the direct sequel to Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. The game featured an unprecedented amount of cinematic cut scenes rendered using the in-game engine and graphics, as well as voice acting in numerous codec sequences.[6]

The story of Metal Gear Solid takes place in 2005, south-west of Alaska in the Bering sea. It follows Solid Snake, a retired soldier who infiltrates a nuclear weapons disposal facility to neutralize the terrorist threat from FOXHOUND, a renegade special forces unit.[7] Snake must liberate two hostages, the head of DARPA and the president of a major arms manufacturer, confront the terrorists, and stop them from launching a nuclear strike.[8]

metal_gear_solid_4.jpg

Metal Gear Solid was well-received, shipping more than six million copies,[9] and scoring an average of 94 out of 100 on the aggregate website Metacritic.[10] The commercial success of the title prompted the release of an expanded version for the PlayStation and PC, titled Metal Gear Solid: Integral;[11] and a remake, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was later released for the Nintendo GameCube.[12][13] The game has also spawned numerous sequels, prequels, a port of the game to Windows PCs and spin-offs, including several games, a radio drama, comics, and a novel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Monkey2005
but it's metal gear no excuse not to have beaten it.inless he is the noooooooooooooob lol

Man, i even started playin this again about 2 weeks ago and played for like an hour and a half and I didn't know the game doesn't save very often. So, I quit the game without saving it on my own and then decided I wanted to go further and found out it hadn't saved the last hour and a half. jI was pissed.

I love the game, it's just that I've had so many games and multiplayer games that have taken my time.

Man, i even started playin this again about 2 weeks ago and played for like an hour and a half and I didn't know the game doesn't save very often. So, I quit the game without saving it on my own and then decided I wanted to go further and found out it hadn't saved the last hour and a half. jI was pissed.

I love the game, it's just that I've had so many games and multiplayer games that have taken my time.

yeah i hear you on that alot of games are out.

Since it's not out and it's MGS related...

Kojima will be 'deeply' involved with MGS Rising

Hideo Kojima has revealed that he will have far more involvement in upcoming stealth action romp Metal Gear Solid Rising than we were originally lead to believe.

Speaking to Japanese publication Dengeki, the Kojima Productions boss explained, "I'll be working more deeply on the project then a normal producer," adding, It's a completely different kind of action than what has appeared in the series so far."

Podcast host Sean Eyestone went on to say how the team will be rebuilding the game engine from scratch to accommodate the shift to multiple platforms: "We're redoing the engine from scratch, and it's going to look amazing. It's going to be a big project like Metal Gear Solid 4. The entire team is serious about making it look as good as possible on every platform.?

Elsewhere, Kojima turned his attention to the upcoming PSP entry Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, revealing that he had originally intended to take a backseat role on the project before changing his mind as a result of the game?s 1970s Cold War theme.

"At first, I was just going to create the overall guidelines and concepts for the project, and leave it in the hands my excellent staff," he said. I was going to have a hand in the project as a producer, and make titles other than MGS."

"But, I set the game in the South American country of Costa Rica and created a story with themes about nuclear deterrence and The Cold War. It looked as if it might be very confusing to young people, because of generational differences. So, in the end I finally said, 'I'll do it.'"

For those of you out of the loop, Rising will star sliver-haired hero Raiden of MGS2 fame, while Peace Walker will place you in the shoes of infamous action man Big Boss. We?ll have more info on both games as it becomes available to us.
________

Last edited:
As of June 12th, this past Friday, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a year old. We say "Happy birthday, Old Snake." Konami says, "We're gonna make some Metal Gear announcements!"

Yes, the Metal Gear publisher is once again prefacing actual video game announcements with a warning that it plans to make said announcements, a move that has become a Konami trademark. Konami notes today that it will release "exciting" Metal Gear announcements all week long aimed at fans of the tactical espionage action franchise.

Don't expect all-new game announcements, considering that both Metal Gear Solid: Rising and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker recently had their existence confirmed. Instead, anticipate "game updates and other highly anticipated announcements" from Konami.

We doubt that Konami will embroil us in another Kojima Productions NEXT-style roller coaster ride of speculation and mental manipulation, but expect something of substance this week.

Metal Gear announcements coming every day this week

Today marks the one year anniversary of the release of Metal Gear Solid 4. To celebrate the title's success, Konami is announcing something new about the Metal Gear Solid franchise -- not necessarily just one title -- every day for the rest of this week.

We already know that Metal Gear Solid Rising and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker are coming to the PS3 and PSP respectively, but details thus far have been minimal. It?s likely Konami has been holding back some of the juicy details from E3, and instead saving some of them in order to celebrate Metal Gear Solid 4?s anniversary.

It?s possible there could be other games, DLC, and other miscellaneous content announced, too. Whatever happens, we'll keep you posted.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD

Last edited:
MGS4 'Greatest Hits' released, SCENE pack gets more content

We recently noted that Konami promised a new Metal Gear announcement each day of this week as a way of celebrating the first anniversary of the release of Metal Gear Solid 4.

The first news is the launch of Metal Gear Solid 4 as part of Sony?s Greatest Hits collection. The Greatest Hits edition of MGS4 just shipped to retail stores across the nation, and you can get it for just $29.99 USD.

metal-gear-solid:-online-ss-81.jpg

The second announcement is the release of new DLC for Metal Gear Online's SCENE pack. Those who have already downloaded the SCENE pack will have free access to a new map, character, and reward mode.

The new map, Icebound Inferno, is very similar to the ?Shadow Moses? map from the first Metal Gear Solid. It?s a medium-to-long range combat map that takes place on a snowy, cold island with various buildings.

There is also an Auto Matching Reward mode that more heavily rewards winners. In an individual match, the winner is the only one who gets rewards points, while in a team match, only the top-ranked team member will win reward points.
________
AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER ADVICE

Last edited:
today's announcement is PSone classic title Metal Gear Solid is available on the PSN. compatible with PSP as well, title is available for $9.99 (was posted in other thread, just thought it belonged here as well :))

KONAMI ANNOUNCES DETAILS FOR THE METAL GEAR® ONLINE 2009 TOURNAMENT

In celebration of the one-year anniversary of METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced today the first details of the METAL GEAR ONLINE 2009 Tournament. Entry will begin on June 23rd with play scheduled to kick off on June 26th. The tournament is open to players in the United States - but hurry, only a limited number of players can participate. The METAL GEAR SOLID 2009 Tournament will pit teams head-to-head in Team Deathmatch mode, with the winning squads advancing through the bracket until the final team is left standing. Players must own the SCENE Expansion pack to participate. Prizes will be announced at a later date.

METAL GEAR ONLINE is the online multi-player player experience that is included free in the retail version of METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS, developed exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Additionally, three expansion packs - GENE, MEME and SCENE - are available for purchase via METAL GEAR ONLINE's in-game shop and Konami's shop (https://my.konami.net/mgo/). In addition to traditional methods of payment for purchase, players can now use the PlayStation® Network Wallet prepay system which is now available as a form of payment.

To Register:

1) Log into MGO with the character you wish to enter into the Tournament (starting June 23rd) - but hurry, only a limited number of players can participate
2) Go to Lobby Select and choose Tournament Registration
3) On the Lobby Screen select one of the 4 tournament lobbies to register (i.e. US TOURNEY 1, US TOURNEY 2, etc.)
4) Select either Join Team (pick a team off the list to join), Create Team and Submit Entry (set up the team name and password), or Solo Entry (assigned to a random team)

Reserve your spot early, space is limited!

source: konami.com/news/article57.php

i guess theres a possibility they could make an announcement tomorrow and even sunday depending on their definition of a week. originally they said they will make an announcements "all week long." is it worth it to still hope?

Konami Speaks About Trophies

The trophy system, released last summer, has been a big hit for PS3 fans thus far. While all games circa 2009 are required to have trophies included, only a handful of titles released before the trophy system was introduced have come out with a patch to add trophies to the game. One game that PS3 owners have been screaming to get trophies for is the epic espionage action game, Metal Gear Solid 4, released June 12 of 2008. Thus far, Konami has been hush-hush about the issues, giving PS3 owners little to no hope of receiving a trophy patch for the game.

Finally, MGS4 fans have something to look forward to as Konami speaks about trophies for MGS4 in their latest podcast. While not indicative that the game will for sure get a trophy patch, Sean Eyestone does mention that the people at Konami have heard the fans speak, and will make an announcement shortly. The entire statement is as follows:

Just to address one issue that we’ve been getting a lot of comments about. And this is, of course, about trophies.

I just wanna tell everybody out there right now that your voices are being heard and that we’re not ignoring you. We hear everything that you are saying. It’s just that we can’t say anything just yet.

But as soon as we have something to say, we will announce it. So, if we can just ask everyone to just be patient, we will give you an answer. But right now we can’t say anything. So we just ask for everyone’s understanding with that and just ask for everybody to remain patient and we’ll let you know.

It is always nice when developers listen closely to the wants of the fans, and so far Konami has not adheared to that idea. Around the time of the E3 Expo, Konami made several announcements for MGS4, but none of them were about trophies, much to the dismay of MGS4 fans everywhere. This statement is at the very least a sign of good things to come, so we hope that Konami will atone for past sins and give the fans exactly what they want.

http://projectgamers.com/2009/08/07/konami-speaks-about-trophies-and-mgs4/