Metal Gear Solid 4 - Trophy support on its way!

Jan 29, 2009
Metal Gear Solid (Metaru Gia Soriddo, commonly abbreviated as MGS) is a stealth action video game directed and written by Hideo Kojima.[5] The game was developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Japan and first published by Konami in 1998 for the PlayStation video game console. It is the third canonical title in the Metal Gear series, and the direct sequel to Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. The game featured an unprecedented amount of cinematic cut scenes rendered using the in-game engine and graphics, as well as voice acting in numerous codec sequences.[6]

The story of Metal Gear Solid takes place in 2005, south-west of Alaska in the Bering sea. It follows Solid Snake, a retired soldier who infiltrates a nuclear weapons disposal facility to neutralize the terrorist threat from FOXHOUND, a renegade special forces unit.[7] Snake must liberate two hostages, the head of DARPA and the president of a major arms manufacturer, confront the terrorists, and stop them from launching a nuclear strike.[8]

metal_gear_solid_4.jpg

Metal Gear Solid was well-received, shipping more than six million copies,[9] and scoring an average of 94 out of 100 on the aggregate website Metacritic.[10] The commercial success of the title prompted the release of an expanded version for the PlayStation and PC, titled Metal Gear Solid: Integral;[11] and a remake, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was later released for the Nintendo GameCube.[12][13] The game has also spawned numerous sequels, prequels, a port of the game to Windows PCs and spin-offs, including several games, a radio drama, comics, and a novel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Monkey2005
MGS4 'complete edition' is something Kojima "wanted" to do

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has revealed that he would like to have created a ‘complete version’ of MGS4: Guns of the Patriots featuring Trophy and 3D support, though admitted he hasn’t the time to do so.

Writing on his Twitter in response to a fan question regarding the possibility of such a re-release, Kojima stated, “I wanted to make a ‘Complete Version’ with trophy support and 3D, but if I did that I wouldn’t be able to work on a new game.”

“I wonder if someone else would make it for me,” he continued.

Trophy support has remained one of the most consistent fan requests for MGS4 since its release in June 2008, though from the sound of things it’s not likely to happen any time soon.

The latest entry in the stealth action franchise, namely MGS: Rising, will feature among Konami’s software line-up at the Tokyo Game Show later this month.

Trophy support finally coming to Metal Gear Solid 4?

A snapshot of the revamped “Greatest Hits” box for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has seemingly confirmed the addition of Trophy support for the critically acclaimed stealth-action sequel.

Check out the packaging shot below, courtesy of PlayStation Lifestyle:

mgs4_trophy_box.jpg

To date, however, no plans have been set in stone to retrofit the title with Trophy support. Series creator Hideo Kojima recently mused over the possibility of creating a ‘Complete Edition’ of MGS4 that would include Trophies and various other additions, though admitted he simply didn’t have the time to contribute to such a project.

i saw this the other day but didnt post it because its for sure not true. its a printing mistake. its happened before with LBP for psp saying there was trophy support.

HK himself said that there won't be trophies for MGS4.

Trophies on MGS4 will simply never happen. I want it as much as you guys do (except maybe jefx :p), but we just gotta titanic this and let go

Actually he said he wouldnt mind having trophies on it, just that he didnt have the time for it. Its like dude, write the list and let some code monkey do the work for you. We'll all send the monkey a 12 pack each. Dun Dada easy as pie! YA heard!

Metal Gear Solid 4 is to finally get a patch to enable trophies within the game.

Hideo Kojima revealed the news in this week’s Famitsu magazine over in Japan. There is no date for the patch as yet, however MGS4 is getting a budget release to help celebrate Metal Gear Solid’s 25th Anniversary Event on August 30th, so maybe we’ll see something around that time.

Source.

I have been meaning to play this game for a while now, I guess I have another reason to play it again. I will probably buy MGS1 and play it along with the collection.

I will play tihs again then when its live. :) still never sold this game since release.

Metal Gear Solid 4 trophy list

:platinum: The Legendary Hero: Obtained all trophies.
:gold: I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology: Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
:gold: Sounds of the Battlefield: Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
:gold: Flashback Mania: Viewed all flashbacks.
:silver: You’re pretty good: Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
:silver: Are you an Otaku too?: Viewed all model posters.
:silver: Can you feel my power now!!!?: Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
:silver: FaceCamo Addict: Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
:silver: Ghost Photography Addict: Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
:silver: Where I Can See Ya: Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
:silver: I Just Don’t Fear Death: Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
:silver: SUNLIGHT!: Obtained the Solar Gun.
:bronze: Overhead view — just like old times: Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
:bronze: That Tune Is His Mind Control Music: Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
:bronze: Drum Can Addict: Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
:bronze: Hurt me more!: Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
:bronze: Emotion Control: Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
:bronze: Hands Up!: Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
:bronze: Divine Wind: Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
:bronze: You enjoy all the killing, that’s why: Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.

Reactions: ocielz and Noodles