Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Demo out NOW!

Jan 29, 2009
4437982947_c351b84740.jpg

The new METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack will include:

+“Spirited Green” PSP-3000 system
+METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER game on UMD
+PlayStation Network downloadable voucher for special in-game content which will be unlocked at the start of the game
+PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher (US residents only); title TBD
+2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo

METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER marks the return of Hideo Kojima’s world-renowned stealth-action series. This highly-anticipated METAL GEAR SOLID sequel picks up where METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER for the PlayStation 2 leaves off. With an extensive amount of gameplay that will revolutionize previous notions of a handheld game experience, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER introduces an exciting new storyline, stunning visuals and a console-quality gaming experience, all of which is only possible on the PSP platform.

The METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack brings the same incredible value you’ve seen in previous PSP packages and introduces a never-before seen color to the PSP-3000 family. It will be available at major retailers in the United States and Canada for $199.99 (MSRP).

Last edited by a moderator:
But what I'm hoping we find out is exactly what the term "Peace Walker" means.

its the cain solid snake has to use since hes so old and can't walk, and the whole game is just very old snake trying to keep young whipper-snappers off his lawn and from stealing his newspaper!

lol

New Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker screens released

Konami has unboxed a fresh batch of images for its eagerly awaited PSP stealth action outing, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Peace Walker kicks off a decade after the events of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, with players once again hopping into the shoes of legendary mercenary, Big Boss. Little else is known on the game aside from it being set in Costa Rica, though co-op play has been heavily hinted at, along with a revamped CQC system.

Check out some of the new shots below, and pop over to our Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker gallery for the full batch.

metal-gear-solid:-peace-walker-ss-11.jpg

site_metal-gear-solid:-peace-walker-ss-1.jpg

site_metal-gear-solid:-peace-walker-ss-3.jpg
________
Ipad accessories

Last edited:
In a press release Q&A issued by Konami today, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima stresses the importance of the PSP installment of the Metal Gear Solid series, calling it, "a MGS5-class game."

While the PlayStation Portable is no stranger to side stories and throwaway tie-ins to otherwise major game franchises, that simply isn't the case with Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker. Kojima is up to his arms in the title, assuring fans that Peace Walker is an important part of the MGS series.

This game is an MGS5-class game. I am supervising, designing, producing, directing, and editing this title together with the MGS4 team. Therefore in that sense, "METAL GEAR SOLID" has not ended, and the "METAL GEAR SAGA" continues.

In fact, Peace Walker is so important that Kojima changed his mind about simply handing the property over to a new group of creators.

I actually had the plan for this project in mind while working on MPO. Back then, I intended to place the project in the hands of the next generation of creators at Kojima Productions. However, in the end, I felt that it was still a little too early to leave it completely in their hands, so I decided to take the reins.

As for the actual game mechanics, Kojima couldn't give away much. He explains that the player will be able to customize their Snake before going on a mission, outfitting him with the equipment that best suits their play style. Charge in with guns blazing, or opt for a more stealthy approach, slimming down your arsenal in favor of quieter movement.

Peace Walker will also include a "growth feature" that allows your character to evolve, a simliar mechanic to that seen in roleplaying games and recent first-person shooters.

And yes, there will be multiple types of cardboard boxes, complimenting the two-man version we witnessed in the E3 trailer.

Finally, Kojima gave us a little insight into the strange code that appeared on the teaser website that kept us so occupied leading up to E3 2009. This gets a little complicated, so I've gone ahead and included his full description.

5=it is an MGS5 class game
S=Snake
巳=snake in Kanji
E=E3
R=Raiden
3=3 from 360 and E3
6=6 from 360
P and S=PSP and adding 3 makes it PS3

Aside from the Snake and Raiden visuals, we featured a total of 10 "symbols" and when all of these are rearranged, they form connections to the announcements that we made at E3.

The first symbols that appeared were the number "5" and the letter "S" for Snake that represented PW which, to me, is a "5" class title. "巳" not only hints at the lowercase lettering of "E" for E3, but it is the kanji for the word "snake." Also, the symbol that appeared at the very end is the kanji "日" and represents a sunny background and the sunrise that links to RISING.

The "RISING" of "METAL GEAR SOLID RISING" implies "the sun rising," "the sun shining," and "the sun shining on Raiden" that was revealed in the visuals on the HP. In addition, "RISING" also represents how "METAL GEAR SOLID" will be taking the next step up.

Going back to the symbols found on the HP, they also link to "the day of 360" and also to each of the titles that we announced at E3. When each of the symbols are rearranged, I think you'll be able to recognize E3, PSP, PS3, 360 and others. So everyone, how did you like it? Were your predictions on the mark?

I'd predicted all of those symbols would eventually lead me to an aneurysm.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker cast unveiled

The latest issue of Japan’s Famitsu magazine has lifted the curtains on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker’s expansive cast of characters for your viewing pleasure. Please note that those of you who do not wish to be spoiled would do well not clap your eyes on the rest of this article.

According to the publication, the game will sport around 10 characters including Big Boss (aka Snake). The list is as follows: Snake, Amanda, Huey, Chico, Strangelove, Coldman, Cecile, Miller, Paz and Galvez. We’re unsure as to whether or not this is the full cast, though it’s a pretty substantial list all the same. Check out a scan of the article below.

metal-gear-solid:-peace-walker-ss-15.jpg

Eagle-eyed Metal Gear aficionados will no doubt have their curiosity sparked by the character of Miller, who appears to be none other than same individual who took a young Solid Snake under his wing around the time of Metal Gear 2, and also showed up (albeit as a disguised Liquid Snake) in Metal Gear Solid. The chap we’re referring to is, of course, McDonnell Benedict Miller – also known as Master Miller.

Elsewhere, the magazine briefly touched on some gameplay elements, specifically the cooperative mechanics Co-op In and Snake-In. The former is where two characters are close enough to each other to share weapons, equipment and life gauges, while latter has both players within very close proximity, allowing them to change in to Snake Formation, effectively grouping your characters together. In this state, one player will control the group, while another can focus on other tasks, such as dispatching nearby enemies.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is due out exclusively on PSP in 2010. Expect fresh info from this year’s Tokyo Game Show, which kicks off later today.

MGS PW DEMO!!!!!!!

Today at Tokyo Game Show Konami shared the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker demo with the world. And now we're sharing the demo with you. That's right, you can download the demo in this article. Just grab the file below. Here are the requirements:

* You need Firmware 6.0 on the PSP
* Download and unzip the file below.
* Install the file by going into USB Mode on the PSP.
* On your computer go to the PSP folder, then the game folder, then drop "NPJH90063" into that folder.

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/binary/article/102/1027904/NPJH90063.zip

MGS Peace Walker demo out now!

A demo for the upcoming PSP game Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is now available to download. You can head over to Konami’s official site to download the demo.

This is the same demo that was available for play at this year’s Tokyo Game Show. You’ll get a basic introduction and then a mission to overwhelm enemy forces and disarm the enemy’s tanks and soldier reinforcements. It should be noted that this demo is in Japanese.

konami.jp/mgs_pw/jp/download/index.html

Most game ideas on Earth are the result of collaborations. Many men and women working together to forge games out of a sea of ideas. Except, that is, for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. That's pretty much all Hideo Kojima.

"Well it's strange, but not so many ideas come from the other staff", the humble boss of a studio bearing his own name told the Official PlayStation Magazine. "Co-op Ring, Love Box - the names and the ideas come from myself".

Something tells us that's a phenomenon not exclusive to Peace Walker. Explains why his games are in such dire need of someone to edit stream of consciousness into something more cohesive, but then I guess it also explains why, in spite of this, people simply adore all things Metal Gear.

Peace Walker could have been MGS5, says Kojima

Konami’s Hideo Kojima has let slip that the forthcoming Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker would have likely become known as Metal Gear Solid 5 had it not been developed for Sony's PSP.

Speaking to the chaps at OPM UK, the Kojima Productions boss commented: “Since it is on PSP, I did not officially number it,” adding, “But [with] the game design, story, number of staff and budget-you can say that this is a big project. It would’ve been number 5.”

“It’s not a side story or a spin-off. It’s not like Portable Ops or Acid.”

Elsewhere, Kojima also touched on his role with Big Boss’s latest stealth adventure, stating, “I am deeply involved and this is the next Metal Gear.”

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will be sneaking on to store shelves on May 25.

NEW PSP “Big Boss” Pack for METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER

Hi everyone! A few weeks ago, we announced the METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack will be available in the U.S. and Canada.

4502867681_e6ef72aab9.jpg

We have something very special for all of you ULTIMATE fans out there! Launching with the game on June 8, you can pick an exclusive limited edition “Big Boss” Pack for METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER, which will be available only at GameStop locations in the U.S. for $199.99 (MSRP). This premium package combines the highly anticipated title from legendary developer Hideo Kojima with a “Camouflage” PSP-3000 system, which was inspired by the Central American setting for the game.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003EF2LDM/?tag=hidefnin-20

4503498038_da3b81db55.jpg

So, what’s in it you ask? The limited-edition “Big Boss” Pack will include the following:
  1. “Camouflage” PSP-3000 system
  2. METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER game on UMD
  3. Voucher for in-game content unlockable early on in the game
  4. PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher — title to be announced (UMD will be available for Canadian residents)
  5. 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo
  6. Premium carrying case

METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER is amongst the first of several premiere PSP titles from both first and third-party publishers coming in 2010. Don’t forget — make sure you mark your calendars for June 8, when the stand alone METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER game on UMD, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack and “Big Boss” Pack will each be available.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003DTLAOU/?tag=hidefnin-20

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought this bad ass Metal Gear Solid Snake Action Figure; extreme detail. Its from Peace Walker ... and in the box at the bottom is a code for an extra "Secret" character for this game. Wonder who it is ...

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GAM6DA/?tag=hidefnin-20

that the one I got.

So I bought this bad ass Metal Gear Solid Snake Action Figure; extreme detail. Its from Peace Walker ... and in the box at the bottom is a code for an extra "Secret" character for this game. Wonder who it is ...

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GAM6DA/?tag=hidefnin-20

that the one I got.

is it up for grabs? playing this game right now

is it up for grabs? playing this game right now

PM sent. thought about keeping it since its in this special booklet and made to be very exclusive since the figure is but I wont be playing this anytime soon due to my recent stockade of games.