Mar 17, 2013
Cologne, Germany
mgsCE.jpg

The MGSV collector's edition comes with tons of extra physical and digital content. The tangible goods are listed below.

• Half-scale Replica of Snake's Bionic Arm
  • Collectible SteelBook
  • Behind-the-Scenes Documentary and Trailers Blu-Ray Disc
  • A Map
  • Exclusive Packaging

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/04/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-release-date-revealed

This is weird. looking this one up on ebay, but I can only find ones that hold 1 disc. this one holds 2 - is there a difference in regions? I assumed the making of blu-ray came in the steelbook, like this one looks like.

This is weird. looking this one up on ebay, but I can only find ones that hold 1 disc. this one holds 2 - is there a difference in regions? I assumed the making of blu-ray came in the steelbook, like this one looks like.
Exactly, my copy came with the making-of Blu-Ray in the steelbook and the game in a seperate amaray case. :)

Yes, the PAL edition has 2 disc slots (the making of Blu-ray is already in it and the game disc in the amary, but you can hold both disc in the Steelbook).
The US version has only 1 disc slot for the making of Blu-ray.
Not sure about the ASIAN region...

Thanks for verifying. Did some snooping around last night and that seemed to be the case. Havent found the Shinkawa version with 2 disc slots. Anyway, bought the shinkawa version and a CE pal version with the making of blu-ray. I will pop out the 2-disc plastic casing and switch it with the shinkawa one. Or i'll keep my Shinkawa version sealed.... decisions, decisions.....

For anyone curious about the making of documentary - It's not actually a making of documentary in there. I saw a collector's edition box at a retailer near me, and Konami changed it to say "collector's disc" instead. I bought the Making of blu-ray separately, and was disappointed when I found out that it was just a 20 minute interview with people,mostly journalists, saying "man, MGS1+2+3 were really good games". I knew that already, I wanted to see how they made the game, and how they went about creating Fox Engine.

This is EXTREMELY disappointing, because every single Metal Gear up to this point has had an hour-long documentary featuring how they went about making the game, and what they struggled with. MGS4 took the cake by including an hour-long "Internal perspective" video with how KojiPro made the game, AND an "External Perspective" 90 minute documentary about how the reception has been to Metal Gear around the globe. So MGS5's collector's disc is just rehashing what MGS4 already did, and in 20 minutes instead of 90.

Extremely disappointing, because I was really looking forward to watching that thing after I finished MGS V.