Nintendo Switch Metroid Dread Special Edition / Steelbook (2021)

Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Release Date: 08 October 2021
Link: Nintendo UK
Price: £79.99

201446543_788577331856309_6233047254354176154_n.jpg

I tend to always get a steelbook/special edition version of a Nintendo game. I thought this was a bit steep in price though. £80, so £30-35 for the steelbook, book and a few postcards. Link's Awakening was £70 (RRP) for a very similar package, with arguably a much better steel.

Only thing that truly annoys me is the lack of title on the spine of all of these. Out of all my Switch steels, I think only one has a title on the spine.

Reactions: Thoth
I tend to always get a steelbook/special edition version of a Nintendo game. I thought this was a bit steep in price though. £80, so £30-35 for the steelbook, book and a few postcards. Link's Awakening was £70 (RRP) for a very similar package, with arguably a much better steel.

Only thing that truly annoys me is the lack of title on the spine of all of these. Out of all my Switch steels, I think only one has a title on the spine.
i dont know anything about the links awakening edition but this edition is huge and includes a proper 190-page artbook.. i would say the price is justified

You want my switch (new model but not the oled)? :D Wanted to upgrade to oled and sell mine
a white switch would look better next to my PS5 :naughty: :LOL:
nah thanks a lot, but if i dont get the pickup notification for the oled until today 14:00, i just go the the store and buy the regular one.. wanted one without j1zz stains and wanted to play through dread this week (4 days vacation left)

i dont know anything about the links awakening edition but this edition is huge and includes a proper 190-page artbook.. i would say the price is justified
I don't care about the size, if anything, it's too big though :LOL: .
With Link's the edition is practically the same, but 120 page artbook and the steel is full gloss.

Also, Luigi's Mansion was game, glow in the dark steel and Boo plush for £50. I'd prefer a toy/figure than an artbook, but anyway... :thumbs:

Reactions: hatredhorror
I don't care about the size, if anything, it's too big though :LOL: .
With Link's the edition is practically the same, but 120 page artbook and the steel is full gloss.

Also, Luigi's Mansion was game, glow in the dark steel and Boo plush for £50. I'd prefer a toy/figure than an artbook, but anyway... :thumbs:
Still think the special edition of Samus Returns on the 3DS is my favourite special edition which included the awesome Game Boy cart inspired steelbook, artbook, CD, morph ball keychain and pin. And all for £60! (whilst acknowledging that 1) the art book is smaller than Dreads, and its a 3DS game versus a Switch game)

Think my fave Switch special edition has to be Mario + Rabbids if only for the ludicrous Rabbid Mario figure. Never ceases to make me smile.
C5988BC6-1B1D-4653-ABFF-496EFBDCC06B.jpeg
02CFD53C-5239-4A81-908D-BA4377259BE4.jpeg

nah thanks a lot, but if i dont get the pickup notification for the oled until today 14:00, i just go the the store and buy the regular one.. wanted one without j1zz stains and wanted to play through dread this week (4 days vacation left)
Did you get your Oled yet? If you haven't id really wait until it turns up and don't get the old model.

The Oled is a big improvement over the old model

Reactions: hatredhorror
Did you get your Oled yet? If you haven't id really wait until it turns up and don't get the old model.

The Oled is a big improvement over the old model
nope, eta on oled was end of october, so I bought the old one yesterday.. wont use the handheld mode anyways, so im good.. worst case scenario i just sell it off and buy the new one later if i decide to keep to switch

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
I bought both the regular and lite last year and used the lite one more than the regular one so ended selling the regular one and keep the lite one just for handheld mode. But then again, I really only use my switch when I travel. Otherwise I use my PlayStation console.

Any Limited Edition consoles being released for the OLED version?