Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release: September 25th, 2017 October 9th, 2017
Purchase: https://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/moc/metropolis-90th-anniversary
Price:
£25.00
Notes:
Limited to 2000 units
In celebration of the film's 90th Anniversary year, we are pleased to announce a stunning new METROPOLIS Boxed Set, featuring Fritz Lang’s silent, sci-fi masterpiece. Limited to 2000 copies ONLY, and illustrated with newly commissioned artwork specially for this Masters of Cinema release. The set features 2 x Blu-rays, 1 x DVD and a 100 page book all housed in a HARDBOUND SLIPCASE

Featuring:
150 minute reconstructed and restored 2010 version (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world) (Blu-ray) | Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis – the 1984 re-imagining of Metropolis featuring a soundtrack by Moroder himself and artists such as Adam Ant, Pat Benatar, Freddie Mercury and many more (Blu-ray) | The 2001 restoration that was considered the definitive version of the film before the discovery of the Argentina footage (DVD) | A 100-page book featuring archival interviews with Fritz Lang; a 1927 review by Luis Buñuel; articles by Jonathan Rosenbaum and Karen Naundorf; extensive restoration notes by Martin Koerber; writing by Otto Hunte, Günther Rittau, Aenne Willkomm, Brigitte Helm and Rudolf Arnheim alongside a stunning array of rare archival imagery

Plus:
Metropolis Refound – a 2010 documentary by Evangelina Loguerico exploring the rediscovery of the most complete print of the Fritz Lang masterpiece in an Argentinean film museum| | The Fading Image – Documentary which goes behind the scenes of Giorgio Moroder’s restoration and scoring | Pristine HD transfers (1080p on the Blu-ray discs) | 2010 symphony orchestra studio recording of the original 1927 Gottfried Huppertz score in 5.1 (2010 version) | Berndt Heller’s arrangement of the Gottfried Huppertz score (2001 version) | Optional English subtitles as well as the original German intertitles | Full length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum (2010 version) | Full length audio commentary by film historian Enno Patalas (2001 version) | Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010, 53 minutes), a documentary about the film | 2010 re-release trailer

20046561_1655442027799820_304867176302118465_n.jpg
20228648_1655442111133145_4911486836237466372_n.jpg 20106432_1655441747799848_7736638398974010982_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen this film, but have been meaning to check it out for a while... I stupidly decided to pass on the previous steelbook releases, which now go for crazy prices. I actually prefer the look and sound of this set though, so holding off was worth it! :D

Never seen this film, but have been meaning to check it out for a while... I stupidly decided to pass on the previous steelbook releases, which now go for crazy prices. I actually prefer the look and sound of this set though, so holding off was worth it! :D
Well, at least your first exposure to METROPOLIS won't be the Giorgio Moroder colorized version with pop songs.

you should watch it mate...a great film indeed....as for the release dont worry...if you can wait another 10 years you can get the 100th anniversary ultra limited Special collectors edition...:LOL:

Well, at least your first exposure to METROPOLIS won't be the Giorgio Moroder colorized version with pop songs.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and C.C. 95
That sounds more like my sort of film to be honest. :p

you should watch it mate...a great film indeed....as for the release dont worry...if you can wait another 10 years you can get the 100th anniversary ultra limited Special collectors edition...:LOL:
If I decide I like the film enough, then I'll also be there for the 100th anniversary edition! So long as it's not exclusive to Zavvi and costs £23 per disc. :greedy:

That sounds more like my sort of film to be honest. :p
Try to imagine Vampyr or Nosferatu with this sh*t over the top.
NOT COOL.o_O
Movie soundtrack by various artist
Love Kills by Freddie Mercury
Here's My Heart by Pat Benatar
Cage Of Freedom by Jon Anderson
Blood From A Stone by Cycle V
The Legend Of Babel by Giorgio Moroder
Here She Comes by Bonnie Tyler
Destruction by Loverboy
On Your Own by Billy Squier
What's Going On by Adam Ant
Machines by Giorgio Moroder

Try to imagine Vampyr or Nosferatu with this sh*t over the top.
NOT COOL.o_O
Movie soundtrack by various artist
Love Kills by Freddie Mercury
Here's My Heart by Pat Benatar
Cage Of Freedom by Jon Anderson
Blood From A Stone by Cycle V
The Legend Of Babel by Giorgio Moroder
Here She Comes by Bonnie Tyler
Destruction by Loverboy
On Your Own by Billy Squier
What's Going On by Adam Ant
Machines by Giorgio Moroder
Multiple Oscar winner right there!

I feel like I'm done buying Metropolis. How many editions is this now?
Yeah, there's definitely been a few. That being said, this will be the first one I've bought... looking forward to checking it out for the first time!

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95