Metropolis: 90th Anniversary (Blu-ray+DVD) Limited Edition (Eureka Store Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release Date: October 9th, 2017
Purchase Link: Eureka
Price: £25.00
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies only available from Eureka Store
This is a pre-order item. Money will be taken at time of purchase

20046561_1655442027799820_304867176302118465_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
  • A Limited Edition Set (2000 units), Hard Bound slipcase containing an amaray and 100 page book, illustrated with newly commissioned artwork specially for this release
  • 150 minute reconstructed and restored 2010 version (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world) on Blu-ray
  • Metropolis Refound – a 2010 documentary by Evangelina Loguerico exploring the rediscovery of the most complete print of the Fritz Lang masterpiece in an Argentinean film museum
  • Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis – the 1984 re-imagining of Metropolis featuring a soundtrack by Moroder himself and artists such as Adam Ant, Pat Benatar, Freddie Mercury and many more
  • The Fading Image – Documentary which goes behind the scenes of Giorgio Moroder’s restoration and scoring
  • Pristine HD transfers (1080p on the Blu-ray discs)
  • The 2001 restoration that was considered the definitive version of the film before the discovery of the Argentina footage (DVD)
  • 2010 symphony orchestra studio recording of the original 1927 Gottfried Huppertz score in 5.1 (2010 version)
  • Berndt Heller’s arrangement of the Gottfried Huppertz score (2001 version)
  • Optional English subtitles as well as the original German intertitles
  • Full length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum (2010 version)
  • Full length audio commentary by film historian Enno Patalas (2001 version)
  • Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010, 53 minutes), a documentary about the film
  • 2010 re-release trailer
  • A 100-page book featuring extensive writings on the film; interviews with Fritz Lang and a stunning array of rare archival imagery
20106432_1655441747799848_7736638398974010982_n.jpg

thanks, @paulboland :thumbs: always happy to hear of a new release of this classic. :) but is this essentially the same release as Masters of Cinema #16, just with a new hard fullslip, new artwork and an extended book? if so, musing on this: not sure i need another almost identical version, but it is a lovely looking combo, as you'd expect from Eureka...

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I already have the limited edition gold numbered steelbook

I might get this but can't purchase at the moment as I'm broke until pay day on Thursday and I have lot of other pre orders due for payment be taken in August

If still in stock in September/October I might purchase then

I ordered this on Friday. Can't wait to finally check the film out! :D
you've... you've never seen Metropolis? o_O :muted:
giphy.gif

but seriously, ;) you have already seen it. in most sci-fi films made after 1927, the blueprint is followed, or at least borrowed. it is very much both a film of its time - 1920s, fashions, acting, slow pace - and of the future. be interested to know what you think. enjoy. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
you've... you've never seen Metropolis? o_O :muted:
giphy.gif

but seriously, ;) you have already seen it. in most sci-fi films made after 1927, the blueprint is followed, or at least borrowed. it is very much both a film of its time - 1920s, fashions, acting, slow pace - and of the future. be interested to know what you think. enjoy. :)
I've only really started to check out the classics this past year or so, so I'm super behind! Up until then I was all about blockbusters etc., but age has caught up with me and therefore my tastes have changed, so I can finally appreciate these older films. :)

Thanks bud! I'll be sure to report back once I've seen it. :thumbs:

Has anyone actually had theirs shipped yet? :dunno:

Eureka claim orders began shipping Friday but mine's still pending. No sign of it even processing.. :((n)

Anyone here received theirs yet? Mine was dispatched a week ago, but still nothing.

Anyone here received theirs yet? Mine was dispatched a week ago, but still nothing.

I was wondering if I was the only one! Mine eventually shipped last Wednesday, but 6 days later and nothing has arrived yet, although I've still got the second post to go. :ohno:

In this day and age 2nd class Royal Mail just isn't good enough anymore. There should at least be a choice for a trackable service on every website. With this and The Mummy from Everything Blu there was no option but the worst option. It seems only overseas customers got theirs shipped with DHL. (n)