Metropolis (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: January 19th, 2015
Price: £29.99
Purchase link: Amazon UK

image.jpg

More info:

[Limited to 4000 copies worldwide] with additional extras, as part of their award-winning The Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Eureka! Entertainment
have announced the release of Fritz Lang’s, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Edition, the mother of all sci-fi films and a major influence on Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), George Lucas (Star Wars), and pop culture in general (referenced by Madonna, Beyonce and countless others) will be re-released in a 2-disc Blu-ray set in brand new SteelBook packaging, now featuring Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis and a 45-min documentary exploring the film’s rediscovery. Limited to just 4000 units worldwide and including an opportunity with every SteelBook to win a unique bespoke Metropolis engraved solid gold bar, Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Editionwill be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, picked up the original a few months back (not for a crazy price :)), I wonder if the artwork will be different.

hmmm, I picked up the original for a little over £20 a couple of years ago.

MOC are currently announcing their Q1 releases via twitter at the moment, with pack shots.

Edit: it has a second disc of extras including the Moroder version.
B3cn7f0CMAAjYHM.jpg

Last edited:
I like the other better cuz it's original one-sheet art. (Wish I had it, but still to costly). This new one breaks my one law of steelbook covers- I don't do Headshots. Borrrrrriiinnnngggg. (One exception- Sentinel head on X-MEN: DOFP)...

This is stunning! I've been looking for the original release at a decent price over the last week, but couldn't find it. As a bonus, this comes out the day before my birthday. Now to wait for the inevitable price drop :D!

Very very nice. And it's a very complete edition too with the inclusion of the Moroder version. I like the first horizontal one they released, but this definitely an upgrade in both content and packaging.

The Masters of Cinema Steelbooks are always such a delight. I'm ashamed I don't own more of them.

Reactions: augustus
If this is the final artwork im interested for sure but its also pricey will wait on a price drop before purchasing..

I quite like the design, and the addition of the Moroder version is welcome.

Unlike the original version, the spine of this one matches the likes of Rumble Fish and Repo Man a lot better. I'm slightly surprised MoC have kept the original number 16 on it, what with it being a re-release.

I like the artwork, the original release had nice art too.

I assume this is the same version (as in the discs), or have they released a different version of the movie since the last steelbook?

The spine number refers to the film, not the edition/ release (just like Criterion).

They appear to be using the same transfer and extras as the last one. The second disc does have a new documentary.