Mediabook Miami Vice - 15th Anniversary (Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]

Oct 9, 2019
Release date: October 14, 2021
Purchase links: Koch-Shop - Amazon DE
Price: €24.99 (Koch) - €25.90 (Amazon)
Notes: 2 Blu-ray discs (Theatrical + Director´s Cut)

MiamiVice__MB-B__3D.jpg
81adE-cgfrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Available for me to pre order in the UK now. Does anyone know if there is an amary version of the directors cut that works in the UK? Love the look of this mediabook but the height of them ruins my collection
This one looks like it will be G2 in size so comparable in size to an amray.. mediabooks do come in both sizes (G1 and G2) its not always easy to predict though some companies do stick to a particular size I gather.. when in hand I'll post a picture (ordered, cheers).

Reactions: TheWorz and komor
Available for me to pre order in the UK now. Does anyone know if there is an amary version of the directors cut that works in the UK? Love the look of this mediabook but the height of them ruins my collection
Like mikeab07 mentioned before - the Mediabook has the height of a normal Amaray-Blu-Ray Case (a DVD comes also in an Amaray btw), what belongs to the particularities of Kochfilms-Mediabooks. Nearly all other Mediabooks have DVD-size. After the collector´s edittion is sold out there will be a standard release as well, but it is not confirmed at the moment.

Yep. I did have a “specials section” with them all together but sold most of them off. Maybe i just need to bite the bullet and collect all over again
Don´t know if this is helpful, but I wanted to mention that I first had a special shelve-height for every edition (one height fo DVD, one for Blu-Ray etc.) and it didn´t look good. I have three Watson-racks standing next to next and I now have every shelf with the same height, that fits also collector´s editions and big hardboxes for example. This system loses some space and there´s a little space to the top of every shelve, but the overall impression is much better and the matching of different versions doesn´t bother me anymore.
So it does look like (it´s my Horror/Thriller collection from A to Z):

Attachments

• SAM_1833.JPG
    SAM_1833.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k and TheWorz
Yep. I did have a “specials section” with them all together but sold most of them off. Maybe i just need to bite the bullet and collect all over again
If you buy those Billy bookcases from iKea, you can make them different height to accommodate everything. They come with 4 shelves, plus bottom and middle one, that cannot be moved, so 6 shelves. They're spread at about 30-35cm in height, but if you add another shelf to each half (there's 94cm of space in each half), with 2cm thick shelves you'd have 8 shelves with 22cm of height to each space - that'll fit up to any mediabook and boxset.
If you add another, it'll make each space at 17.2cm, the exact height of a Blu-ray amaray, but I haven't tried - there are holes for shelf placement at small equal intervals, not sure they'll come to exact 172mm. I'm planning this thing for a new apartment - right now my stuff is in two-rows in bookcases, and in ikea boxes (got 50 of those good ones with metal corners, some still sealed, before the original owner died and the whole catalouge went to ****, worldwide).
BD amarays are 17.2cm, BD steels are supposed to be the same height, but they're not, at least 1mm higher. BD digibooks are 17.5.
DVD amarays are about 19.1cm, but DVD mediabooks are 19.5 at least.
BD boxes, like from Arrow, are 18cm.

If you buy those Billy bookcases from iKea, you can make them different height to accommodate everything. They come with 4 shelves, plus bottom and middle one, that cannot be moved, so 6 shelves. They're spread at about 30-35cm in height, but if you add another shelf to each half (there's 94cm of space in each half), with 2cm thick shelves you'd have 8 shelves with 22cm of height to each space - that'll fit up to any mediabook and boxset.
If you add another, it'll make each space at 17.2cm, the exact height of a Blu-ray amaray, but I haven't tried - there are holes for shelf placement at small equal intervals, not sure they'll come to exact 172mm. I'm planning this thing for a new apartment - right now my stuff is in two-rows in bookcases, and in ikea boxes (got 50 of those good ones with metal corners, some still sealed, before the original owner died and the whole catalouge went to ****, worldwide).
BD amarays are 17.2cm, BD steels are supposed to be the same height, but they're not, at least 1mm higher. BD digibooks are 17.5.
DVD amarays are about 19.1cm, but DVD mediabooks are 19.5 at least.
BD boxes, like from Arrow, are 18cm.
Love a Billy bookcase, that's what I have in my office. Most of my collection these days are Steelbooks, Slips and amary's.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I hate ikea, they are the reason for the dying of almost the whole furniture industry and all small firms related to it in Germany, I had to buy my shelves from the UK, because there is nothing to find here and they have an awesome quality with melamin surface and sturdy backs and there´s also space for conditioning, And they weren´t very expensive for what you get.

Last edited:
I would like to order this but have never ordered from the German amazon. Is there a way to translate whats on the site to English? Cant really figure out how it works when it's in German lol I'm kinda slow.

I would like to order this but have never ordered from the German amazon. Is there a way to translate whats on the site to English? Cant really figure out how it works when it's in German lol I'm kinda slow.
Search the article with google and when google finds it there´s a translator, that can be accessed from the search result list and loads the site translated.

Reactions: jjswatt2013
Just click on the German flag icon next to the search bar. Then you can just simply choose English as language.
1634717509390.png