Release date: October 1, 2020
Purchase link: Koch Shop
Price: €179.99

Miami-Vice_Ultimate-Edition_Packshot_1.jpg

Specs:

Picture:

4:3 1080p, MPEG-4 AVC, 23,976fps

Audio:
Geman DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono (PAL pitch corrected)
German DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo (RTL dub, pitch corrected)
English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono (Season 1)
English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo (Pilot, Seasons 2-5)
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Upmix (all episodes)

Subtitles:
German, English, Deutsch for censored dialogs

Bonus:
Interview with Michael Mann (1994) in 2 parts:
  • The Beginnings of Michael Mann (13 Min.)
  • Michael in Miami: Mann on Miami Vice (16 Min.)
DVD Features:
  • Building a perfect Vice (8 Min.)
  • Miami After Vice (2 Min.)
  • Music of Vice (7 Min.)
  • The Style of Vice (6 Min.)
  • The Vibe of Vice (5 Min.)
  • Miami Vice Video Game Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing about this release is the amount of work that went into painstaking restoration of the German dub (the series was severely cut during its initial and subsequent airings in Germany).

Other than that, it contains the best available picture quality worldwide (US MillCreek box had gamma issues; UK box has black level crush), the original English 2.0 audio (mono on Season 1, stereo on the rest) in addition to the 5.1 upmix, as well as English subtitles for the entire series.

Apart from the pastel colours Philip Michael Thomas totally overacts all the time. Thinks he’s doing Shakespeare instead of a cop programme. It’s totally out of place. Thinking about a purchase but price.....

• Haha
Reactions: WKRP
Funny thing is I caught the series not too long ago, boy has it aged badly.
each to their own, natch. i always loved the series and am currently re-watching from beginning to end. i'd forgotten how good some of the earlier episodes in particular were. sure, it's still glossy surface sheen, but some of the episodes also have some depth and even some good acting at times. excluding Sheena Easton, obvs. :naughty:
... I want the crocodile... :naughty:
Elvis will see you now:

• Friendly
Reactions: Space Cadet
each to their own, natch. i always loved the series and am currently re-watching from beginning to end. i'd forgotten how good some of the earlier episodes in particular were. sure, it's still glossy surface sheen, but some of the episodes also have some depth and even some good acting at times. excluding Sheena Easton, obvs. :naughty:

To be fair I'm not just having a pop at that show. While a lot of shows from that era have aged well, some others haven't. A good example "Dukes of Hazzard" Nothing to do with the flag issue, it's the same plot every week. The worst offender for me is The A Team. It's bad. There is one issue which makes the show a farce. No killing, it makes the show look like a live action version of The Roadrunner..

To be fair I'm not just having a pop at that show. While a lot of shows from that era have aged well, some others haven't. A good example "Dukes of Hazzard" Nothing to do with the flag issue, it's the same plot every week. The worst offender for me is The A Team. It's bad. There is one issue which makes the show a farce. No killing, it makes the show look like a live action version of The Roadrunner..
:thumbs: i adored the "Dukes of Hazzard" when i was a kid, but i caught an epidode on tv the other day, and to me now it's rank. yet i'll happily stil watch an "A-Team" and their amazing ability to aim so precisely with automatics that they only scare the bad guys - now that's skill. corney, but fun. i even like the later ones with the trial and the Robert Vaughan character giving them missions.

yes, it has often been said my taste is somewhat wide ranging/variable/poor (delete as appropriate). ;)

Last edited: