Midsommar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: September 9, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥12,980
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (USA only)

DAC3F587-E0FD-42D4-8DB6-2BA42741AF99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a unique release, but the price is a bit too high for me.

Can’t say I liked the film enough to justify it.

Same here. I didn't think the film was bad but I'd probably watch the original Wicker Man another 20 times before I'd feel the need to watch this one again. But for fans of the movie it's a good choice for a premium release.

Reactions: Behold
The price of roughly $121 USD + shipping seems exorbitant, especially since it comes with an o-ring slip.

Any particular reason for it?

My impression is that it still remains a holdover from the VHS rental price days. Japanese houses are typically small so they'd rent rather than fill their space up with movies. All Japanese media not just steelbooks are overpriced compared to everywhere else. The best way for companies to make their money back was (not sure if it still is with streaming being what it is now) through rentals, so if you wanted to own a movie it was going to cost you a lot more. It's an old and outdated system that they're still using to this day as far as I can gather.

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
71IQypEfTbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

[UHD 1 disc + Blu-ray 2 discs, 3 discs in total]

Disc1: UHD main part 147 minutes/3 layers/HDR/HEVC/3840×2160p audio 1.English etc.DTS HD Master Audio 5.1ch surround 2.Japanese dubbed DTS HD Master Audio 2.0ch stereo
Disc2:Blu-ray main part 147 minutes+ Video Benefits Approx. 4 minutes/2 layers/1080p High Def/Audio 1. Original English DTS HD Master Audio 5.1ch Surround 2. Japanese dubbing DTS HD Master Audio 2.0ch Stereo
Disc3: Blu-ray 170 minutes + Video Benefits 26 Min/2 layer/1080p High Def/Sound. Original English DTS HD Master Audio 5.1ch Surround

*There is no Japanese dubbing sound in "Director's Cut version" *"Director's Cut version" of
this work is screened at screening Designated as Category R-18+
* There is no correction (blurring) in the main part for both the 147-minute edition and the 170-minute edition
*There is an illustration on the back of the case*