Horror-Theatrical Midsommar - In theaters July 3, 2019

The Extended Director’s Cut of ‘Midsommar’ Will Be Exclusively Released for Apple TV

EEK!

Ari Aster‘s Midsommar is arriving on Digital and On Demand September 24 from A24, and on Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital) and DVD October 8 from Lionsgate, but there’s only one place you’ll be able to watch the extended Director’s Cut that was released in theaters this past weekend.
The home video release of the Director’s Cut is exclusive to Apple TV.

The iTunes store notes, “Your purchase of Midsommar comes with Ari Aster’s extended and unrated director’s cut, exclusive to Apple TV. Plus go behind the scenes with the cast and crew of Midsommar in an exclusive featurette, and watch the creation of Hälsingland in time-lapse footage of the elaborate and meticulous set construction.”
This “iTunes Extra” content will be available with the digital release on September 24.

Was really hoping a steelbook would of been announced like with hereditary

midsommar.png

From Twitter : “when the hårgas lift dani onto the pedestal and start walking to the dinner table, you can see her dead sister’s face in the trees with the exhaust tube in her mouth… this **** is in different areas! what the ****!”

Maybe not actually a spoiler, but ... creepy. I look so much seeing this film.

Reactions: jasong
Finally seen this

absolutely loved it!
the cinematography is beautiful, it’s creepy,, savage, mesmerising, funny in areas and just kept me engrossed for hours.

I’m not too sure which one I prefer out of this and hereditary. Hereditary freaked me out a little more but mostly because it’s very dark and you never know what’s going to happen. The atmosphere is more a horror style whereas this film (for a horror) is in broad daylight for 90% of the film. Which was interesting and why I found it mesmerising.

When it comes to horror, psychological, cult, paranormal etc these are the ones that get to meThey open my mind up more and if I ever get freaked out, it’s because of what my mind has created and not necessarily what’s on screen.

Ari is quickly becoming one of my favourite horror directors

He handles the hallucinogens so well and shot so perfectly that it’s hugely believable that for most their duration at the commune they have no clue what’s going on because they are out their minds for most of it (all the little bits in the background and where their friends are going etc) and that first proper moment of realisation from jack Reynor at the end at the table was excellent but so frightening

Reactions: jasong
Finally seen this

absolutely loved it!
the cinematography is beautiful, it’s creepy,, savage, mesmerising, funny in areas and just kept me engrossed for hours.

I’m not too sure which one I prefer out of this and hereditary. Hereditary freaked me out a little more but mostly because it’s very dark and you never know what’s going to happen. The atmosphere is more a horror style whereas this film (for a horror) is in broad daylight for 90% of the film. Which was interesting and why I found it mesmerising.

When it comes to horror, psychological, cult, paranormal etc these are the ones that get to meThey open my mind up more and if I ever get freaked out, it’s because of what my mind has created and not necessarily what’s on screen.

Ari is quickly becoming one of my favourite horror directors

He handles the hallucinogens so well and shot so perfectly that it’s hugely believable that for most their duration at the commune they have no clue what’s going on because they are out their minds for most of it (all the little bits in the background and where their friends are going etc) and that first proper moment of realisation from jack Reynor at the end at the table was excellent but so frightening

Great film. Florence Pugh is superb. I think it is more grown up than Hereditary which is more fun, lighter and I really like. Midsommar has much more going on, really interesting ideas, the daylight thing you mention. It’s a film about relationships, but with so much going on. Can’t wait to see what Ari does next!

Reactions: Flloydo