Finland
Release Date : Dec 2, 2019
Purchase Link : FNAC
Price : €29.99

Midsommar-Edition-Collector-Limitee-Blu-ray.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Theatrical cut + extended cut ?
The theatrical version is 147 mins ! How can they make an extended cut out of it ? Bloopers and outtakes ? :cautious::rofl:

That said... obvious pre-order. Really liked it. Even if it could haven been easily trimmed of like 45 mins. And to be really honest, even if the movie is really good, just the fact that "wicker man" exist, makes it 300 times less fresh and original as it could have been.

Also available at amazon.fr

Last edited:
The theatrical version is 147 mins ! How can they make an extended cut out of it ? Bloopers and outtakes ? :cautious::rofl:

That said... obvious pre-order. Really liked it. Even if it could haven been easily trimmed of like 45 mins. And to be really honest, even if the movie is really good, just the fact that "wicker man" exist, makes it 300 times less fresh and original as it could have been.

Director's cut is more fleshed out and includes what in my opinion is the best scene in the film (one that I'm baffled they decided to cut). It also includes one more ritual not featured in the theatrical cut that hints at what happened to one of the characters.

Reactions: Grendel
Director's cut is more fleshed out and includes what in my opinion is the best scene in the film (one that I'm baffled they decided to cut). It also includes one more ritual not featured in the theatrical cut that hints at what happened to one of the characters.

oh, so you actually seen it ? Uk theatrical re-relase ? Can't wait to watch it !

This is one weird-ass film, it's something I'd never recommend to anyone as people seem to have a love/hate relationship with it. I remember walking out of the cinema the first time, trying to digest it all. The girl in front of me said it was the worst film she'd ever seen, but she looked like the type of person who watches Love Island, so her opinion is invalid. A few other were either like "meh" or just said, "it was alright". But my brother and his wife, loved it.

I rewatched it a week later and loved it too. Will be interesting to see what else the director's cut brings.

Reactions: Grendel

IMO the longer cut is 174 minutes long.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I've been keeping myself spoiler free so only watched one short trailer.
I suspect comparisons with "The Wicker Man" were inevitable but I'm willing to give the flik a chance to stand on it's own merits as well, whatever they turn out to be... ;)
Plus, Nick Cage was mis-cast in WM anyway...:naughty:

^^ @virkia ; ya gotta be drunk or stoned to appreciate that hilariosity ! :LOL:

View attachment 447680

I LOVE the wicker man remake ! ;)
i know the movie was seriously bashed everywhere, actually almost as bashed as the original is overrated (my opinion)
as for the hilariosity, well it is like a lot of scenes or pictures, if they are taken out of their context, they became ridiculous, like the fox scene in antichrist for exemple.
I really enjoyed watching the wicker man alone, and did not thought for a second it was ridiculous.

cover artwork has been updated and looks awesome !

81ehnU5yEFL._AC_SY550_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: