Mar 15, 2011
Morgantown, WV
Mindhunter - Netflix

Releasing in October 2017

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: David Fincher, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Erwin
WRITERS: John Douglas, Joe Penhall
CAST: Jonathan Groff, Holt McCallany, Cotter Smith, Anna Torv, Muse Watson

From IMDb:
An agent in the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit tracks down serial killers and rapists.

From Deadline:
The House of Cards executive producer/director David Fincher is expanding his Netflix portfolio with a second drama series, Mindhunter, we have learned. Like House of Cards, which Fincher developed with Kevin Spacey, on Mindhunter the Gone Girl and The Social Network director also is collaborating with an Oscar-winning actor, Charlize Theron. Also like with House of Card‘s Beau Willimon, we hear Fincher has recruited a playwright/screenwriter for the new series, Brit Joe Penhall (Sunny Afternoon).

Fincher and Theron will executive produce the series, which is based on the 1996 book Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit, by former special agent John Douglas and Mark Olshaker. For years, Douglas pursued some of the most notorious serial killers and rapists, developing profiling techniques to catch them. The book goes behind the scenes of some of his highest-profile cases, including the man who hunted prostitutes in Alaska, the Atlanta child murderer, and Seattle’s Green River killer. To hone in his profiling methods Douglas interviewed and studied a skew of serial killers. Several book and TV characters have been based in part on him, including Jack Crawford in Thomas Harris’ The Silence of the Lambs, Will Graham on Hannibal and Jason Gideon on Criminal Minds.

Series was filmed in western Pennsylvania and wrapped production in February 2017.
mindhunter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: earthscope
Love the look of this! I'm definitely sensing a Se7en and Zodiac vibe.

@Flloydo Check it out mate... Fincher is a producer on this one and also directs a couple of episodes. ;)

Oh this popped up on YouTube earlier but I didn't click on it

Okay yeah fincher involved then I'm definately up for it and it certainly has his look in certain scenes with the greenish look and his theme of story but not sure I like the look of the lead actor. Don't even know who he is but he seems really boring lol.

Also Was that "his name was Robert Paulson"?

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Love the look of this! I'm definitely sensing a Se7en and Zodiac vibe.

@Flloydo Check it out mate... Fincher is a producer on this one and also directs a couple of episodes. ;)

Fincher also directed much of the reshoots from original material that he was dissatisfied with from other directors.

Okay yeah fincher involved then I'm definately up for it and it certainly has his look in certain scenes with the greenish look and his theme of story but not sure I like the look of the lead actor. Don't even know who he is but he seems really boring lol.

Jonathan Groff is the name of the young kid. He voiced Kristoff in Frozen. He is actually very good in this and quite a nice guy. Holt McCallany plays his partner.

You guys are missing the main reason to watch this...

ANNA TORV.

Anna-Torv-03-420x600.jpg

I miss fringe, so much.

Oh, man... Anna is in this? Count me in for sure! ... I also miss Fringe. :(

Seriously, though, Netflix needs to chill out a little bit with the original programming. They're going to go bankrupt. I feel like there's a new show or movie on there every day now.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Oh, man... Anna is in this? Count me in for sure! ... I also miss Fringe. :(

Seriously, though, Netflix needs to chill out a little bit with the original programming. They're going to go bankrupt. I feel like there's a new show or movie on there every day now.

Netflix Is $4.8 Billion In Debt
That was just reported this week. (at first the report said 20 Billion, but that was false)
Anyways, If that is the case... I feel like Netflix's bubble might burst very soon.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
That's definitely a good reason to watch. But personally, I am looking forward to seeing my friends and myself. I did background work for this last summer.

Cool, as in extra work?

I was looking for the info on reshoots and the directors of the episodes who fincher took over from but can't find anything. You got any links or is this inside info you know of?

(He's pretty much my favourite director by the way)

• Thanks
Reactions: kbr1656
Netflix Is $4.8 Billion In Debt
That was just reported this week. (at first the report said 20 Billion, but that was false)
Anyways, If that is the case... I feel like Netflix's bubble might burst very soon.

That amount is absurd! They're going to have to sell to a Chinese company like Legendary if they want to stay afloat. Either that or stop releasing a new TV series twice a freakin' week.

That's awesome! Let us know the episode and time where you're at after you watch it. :thumbs:
I'm thinking it should be episodes 7 and 8. But we'll see.
Cool, as in extra work?

I was looking for the info on reshoots and the directors of the episodes who fincher took over from but can't find anything. You got any links or is this inside info you know of?

(He's pretty much my favourite director by the way)

Yes, as an extra. Eight days of work total.

Inside info? Maybe...:naughty::whistle:;)

He is one of my favorite directors, too. I got to meet him briefly. I tried not to act like a fanboy, but it was tough.

• Thanks
Really looking forward to this....:watch: Hope it's in 4K HDR OR DV.....:thumbs:

Anna Torv is in this.....:drool::notworthy::kiss: :cigar:

Oh god Fringe what an awesome show that was. Just watched some of the first season again on blu ray and it's still superb..

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Really looking forward to this....:watch: Hope it's in 4K HDR OR DV.....:thumbs:

Anna Torv is in this.....:drool::notworthy::kiss: :cigar:

Oh god Fringe what an awesome show that was. Just watched some of the first season again on blu ray and it's still superb..
Fringe was an awesome show! It's good to see Anna Torv back!:D I'm looking forward to this!

• Thanks
Reactions: earthscope