Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - In theaters September 30, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Tim Burton[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Asa Butterfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Eva Green[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ella Purnell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Samuel L. Jackson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allison Janney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aiden Flowers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Terence Stamp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Judi Dench[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pixie Davies[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]O-Lan Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Milo Parker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ella Wahlestedt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kim Dickens[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris O'Dowd[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rupert Everett[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-09-29[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A teenager finds himself transported to an island where he must help protect a group of orphans with special powers from creatures intent on destroying them.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
vR9YvUJCead23MOWwVzv9776eb1.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Source: ComingSoon.net
20th Century Fox debuted the trailer for Tim Burton’s Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, based upon the best-selling novel by Ransom Riggs. The film, which is set to release in theaters on September 30, 2016, stars Eva Green, Asa Butterfield, Chris O’Dowd, Ella Purnell, Allison Janney, Rupert Everett, Terence Stamp, with Judi Dench and Samuel L. Jackson. Check out the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children trailer in the player below!

From visionary director Tim Burton, and based upon the best-selling novel, comes an unforgettable motion picture experience. When Jake discovers clues to a mystery that spans alternate realities and times, he uncovers a secret refuge known as Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As he learns about the residents and their unusual abilities, Jake realizes that safety is an illusion, and danger lurks in the form of powerful, hidden enemies. Jake must figure out who is real, who can be trusted, and who he really is.
popcorn2.gif

missperegrines_banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Tim Burton getting some slack for Diversity.

Personally i'm happy with diversity in films but if someone actually wants to follow the original plot to a source material i don't see why they should be criticised for it, I mean how many POC would be in a small village in Wales in Victorian times anyway, I mean Wales isn't that diverse a country now days let alone back then. (Although the way he answered the question was just begging for the articles).

Reactions: Flash
This is my opinion only, not a debate or an argument just my own thoughts on the film.

I am a huge Tim Burton fan always have been and was looking forward to seeing this for a while. I read some reviews a bit of a mixed bag but as always I would take it as I found it.
For me the film is yet another gem in Tim's already brimming box of wonders. I loved it. For me it is very playful yet macabre and full of wonderful eccentric characters. I have always adored Eva Green and she plays Miss Peregrine with such elegance and intrigue. The film is very Burton in style and feel and for me well worth the watch.
It has been argued by some that it is a mashup of Harry Potter and Xmen but to be honest isn't everything a mixture of something. I mean Harry Potter was a blantant rip off of the Worst Witch. This film is not either it stands alone with his own mysterious and interesting story.
The CGI for me was not too over the top but delicately brought some great elements to life.
I couldn't really understand some criticisms that I have read but each to their own, I personally throughly enjoyed it, but I have always been a bit peculiar myself ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja