Miss Valentine

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Capital Arts Entertainment and the Film Studio at Shenandoah announce the cast of Miss Valentine. The film is to be directed by veteran filmmaker Blayne Weaver (6 Month Rule, Weather Girl) from a script by Patricia Harrington (Santa Girl, The Secrets of Emily Blair) and will star Paris Berelc (Do Revenge, Alexa and Katie). The romantic comedy will be the third collaboration between Capital Arts Entertainment, the Film Studio at Shenandoah, and Weaver after Santa Girl (starring Jennifer Stone and Barry Bostwick) and Cupid For Christmas (starring Richard Kind and Melanie Stone).

Miss Valentine stars Paris Berelc (Do Revenge, Alexa and Katie), Luke Benward (Dumplin, Life of The Party), Marilu Henner (Taxi, L.A. Story), Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me, Veronica Mars), Karen Maruyama (The Campaign, The Bucket List), Pete Gardner (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Transformers), Ali Astin (The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Bad Kids of Crestview Academy), and Kate Flannery (The Office, OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes).

Miss Valentine is the story of Samantha (Berelc) who, as a teenager, won her hometown's Miss Valentine pageant and then promptly had a very public meltdown onstage. Years later, Sam is a nurse in Chicago and engaged to a handsome doctor. When he abruptly dumps Sam, she goes back home to reboot and finds herself right back where she started: living in her parents' house, being wooed by her high school boyfriend, and still a local legend for freaking out at the Miss Valentine pageant. Much to her surprise, this time, things are very different.

“I wrote a film for Paramount last year and I was so impressed with the talent and comedic timing of the film’s female lead that I approached her at the wrap party and told her I wanted to work with her in a directing capacity. The actor was Paris Berelc and I am so excited about her and the ensemble cast we’ve built around her.” Director - Blayne Weaver

The Miss Valentine filmmaking team is led by director Blayne Weaver and includes writer Patricia Harrington, producing team Joseph P. Genier, Mike Elliott, Paul DiFranco, Karen Gorodetzky, Steve Nerangis and Blayne Weaver, cinematographer David V. Daniel (Teen Wolf, Wolf Pack), and Jan Glaser as casting director.

Paris Berelc is represented by United Talent Agency, Artemis Entertainment, and Brecheen Feldman Breimer Silver & Thompson; Luke Benward is represented by A3 Artists Agency and Industry Entertainment; Marilu Henner is represented by Innovative Artists and Dorit Simone Management; Enrico Colantoni is represented by Innovative Artists, The Characters Talent Agency, and Vanguard Management Group & Hall Webber; Karen Maruyama is represented by Rooster Films; Ali Astin is represented by Stewart Talent and Stride Management; Kate Flannery is represented by Innovative Artists and Seven Summits Pictures & Management; and Blayne Weaver is represented by Elev8 and Landrum Arts.