Cast: Tom Cruise

Release: 2021-07-31

Plot: Plot unknown.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Tom Cruise and Christopher McQuarrie will be back for Mission Impossible 7 & 8
Releasing back to back in Summer 2021 and Summer 2022

Hopefully the whole cast will be back

It would be so awesome if they brought back everyone... and i mean...
HeftyJubilantEchidna-size_restricted.gif

Maggie Q, Jon Rhys Meyers, Fishburne, Paula Patton, Renner, and even Henry Czerny (Kittridge)!!!

Damn! back to back huh? Fallout was amazing so I have faith in this team to outdo themselves. Actually I'm hoping he pulls a real stunt from outer space in one of these.

Really looking forward to these two movies

I can tell you Tom already has a lot of really big ideas. Yeah. World-topping sh-it.

and

I have a few specific things I want to talk about. Fallout is one of the most critically-acclaimed films of the year. Tom Cruise delivers this phenomenal performance that has him jumping out of a helicopter, breaking his ankle. Do you feel that it’s time for the Oscars to finally acknowledge his work on this franchise? Because I think his performance is amazing, and it feels like genre films, when it’s action, when they think of it like Mission: Impossible, they don’t look at his performance in terms of an Oscar kind of thing. I think it’s a shame because he delivered something amazing in this.

MCQUARRIE: I can be diplomatic, but **** it. There was talk of a popular film category. I’m really glad they’re not doing that, because I think the notion of that is to shy away from the fact that a—I don’t care, revoke my academy membership. What would be more effective, is I think if you’re going to introduce a new category the category should be stunts. I can’t think of a film recently that might qualify, but, that’s an art, that’s a skill, that’s a craft. Those are people risking their lives and doing things that are absolutely and utterly truly amazing and are so much a part of an experience like that. Not just in films like this. You go look at Hell or High Water. Lone Survivor. The stunts in that movie were absolutely incredible. In terms of a new category, I think you need to do that.

In terms of the notion of a popular film, if you look at the history of the Academy Awards, you can see that over time the Academy has an idea of what a Best Picture is. What qualifies as a Best Picture. There was an era that you had to be big and giant and bloviated to qualify as Best Picture. There was a time when you had to be cutting edge and out there to do it.

I think that there’s a point at which we’ve lost sight of the fact that what we’re here to do first and foremost—sorry if this sounds offensive to anybody—is to entertain people and to move people. A part of me looks at that and says, “Well, there are big movies that do that too.” I was reading online the back and forth, the arguments of how certain films didn’t qualify because they’re just not Academy Award movies. This one guy had this unbelievably articulate seven-paragraph argument for all of the things that qualified a movie, none of which were Titanic. It wasn’t that long ago that a film like that was both commercially successful and won all of those Academy Awards. I think some of what we see now is a little bit of a backlash from that. There’s a morning after and people say, “We did what? We gave the two billion dollar earning movie an Academy Award and not these other movies?”

They’re bringing a lot of new people into the Academy. I think that’s great. They’re sharing the wealth. I think that’s wonderful. It might be nice if they had a bunch of screenings where they talked about what a Best Picture is. How do we define it? Really, if they look at what their mission is. I think ultimately you’ll just see the pendulum swing. Some film will do it. Some change in the audience will do it. Look, a film like this made a lot of money. That’s perfectly acceptable. There are other films, smaller films, important films, films that are addressing things that people don’t necessarily want to confront that don’t make money. The awards that they make get that movie attention and might put that movie in front of some other people. I think that’s great too. I think I’ve covered about every single possible perspective you could have on all this. I answered your question. But in the end, stunts.

via Collider

Esai Morales To Replace Nicholas Hoult In Villain Role For ‘Mission: Impossible 7’

When Mission: Impossible 7 starts production in late summer or early fall, I expect that you will see that Esai Morales has joined the cast. In place of Nicholas Hoult, who was cast in a villain role earlier this year.

The Paramount and Skydance co-production was close to starting production in Italy, when the world shut down and that included the Christopher McQuarrie-directed film which will see Tom Cruise reprise his Ethan Hunt spy character. The delay put Hoult in conflict with another commitment. This is going to happen often as films resume production with talent that has contracted out fall slots with other pictures, when there was no thought about a pandemic.

The picture was scheduled to be released on July 23, 2021 but that seems like a mission impossible because of COVID-19. The picture has been re-dated for November 19, 2021 to account for the delay. The entire franchise through six movies has amassed over $3.57 billion for Paramount.

via Deadline

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18

‘Mission: Impossible 7,’ ‘A Quiet Place 2’ to Debut on Paramount Plus After 45 Days in Theaters​

“Mission: Impossible 7,” “A Quiet Place Part II” and more upcoming Paramount Pictures releases will be available to view at home sooner than expected.

Those films will debut exclusively in theaters as planned. However, the studio has newly shortened the amount of time they will play only on the big screen. After 45 days, new Paramount theatrical films will land on the budding streaming service Paramount Plus. Currently, “Mission: Impossible 7” is scheduled to release in theaters on Nov. 19 and “A Quiet Place Part II” is set for Sept. 17.

The announcement was made during ViacomCBS’ investor day on Wednesday. The presentation was orchestrated to hype up Paramount Plus, which launches on March 4.

via Variety

‘Mission: Impossible 7’ Adds Cary Elwes, Indira Varma, Rob Delaney to Cast​

The cast for “Mission: Impossible 7” just got a whole lot bigger. Director Christopher McQuarrie announced on Thursday via Instagram that actors Cary Elwes (“Stranger Things”), Indira Varma (“Game of Thrones”), Rob Delaney (“Catastrophe”), Charles Parnell (“The Last Ship”) and Mark Gatiss (“Sherlock”) have joined the Tom Cruise spy thriller, which has been filming through 2020 and 2021 amid the pandemic.

Separately, Paramount Pictures also confirmed that Greg Tarzan Davis (“Top Gun: Maverick”) will also star in the film.

The actors join an already hefty ensemble, including returning stars Vanessa Kirby, Rebecca Ferguson, Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Angela Bassett and Henry Czerny, as well as newcomers Pom Klementieff (“Guardians of the Galaxy”), Hayley Atwell (“Captain America: The First Avenger”), Shea Whigham (“Perry Mason”) and Esai Morales (“Titans”) — who replaced Nicholas Hoult last year as the film’s villain when “M:I-7” had to shut down due to the pandemic.

The nature of the roles for the new cast isn’t clear, but in photos McQuarrie posted to Instagram, Delaney can be seen wearing a military uniform, and Elwes’ photo includes the cryptic caption “Welcome to The Community.” McQuarrie’s captions for each photo also include the hashtag “#MI7MI8,” suggesting that the actors will reprise their roles in the eighth “Mission: Impossible” movie, but a rep for Paramount would only confirm the actors’ involvement in “M:I-7.”

The seventh and eighth “Mission: Impossible” movies were supposed to film back-to-back, but Cruise’s promotional duties for “Top Gun: Maverick,” which the pandemic pushed from its 2020 release to July 2, 2021, scuttled those plans. “M:I-7” and “M:I-8” are still set to debut in Nov. 2021 and Nov. 2022, respectively.

via Variety

This delay crushed me - I have been watching the calendar counting down and listening the Fallout soundtrack waiting for this release. My experience with Fallout in the theater last time was one of the best I ever had. Now I just have to learn some patience and wait, hopefully 7 will exceed my expectations.

I love this film series. The only installment that bothered me was MI2 which seemed just a little to MTV for my tastes. Been a while since I[ve seen it. The others though, especially Rogue Nation, and then Fallout, blew my mind. Awesome stuff. Really looking forward to this next installment.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database