Title: Mission: Impossible 7

Genre: Action

Director: Christopher McQuarrie

Cast: Tom Cruise

Release: 2021-07-31

Plot: Plot unknown.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Took in an afternoon matinee on IMAX to an almost full house and it was a blast! Perfect summer action flick with an amazing soundtrack and audio design with great directional effects. Definitely will take in another showing this weekend with that T-Mobile $5 offer :spoil:

These do seem to get more 'grandiose' with each part, which tricks people into thinking they're better, but even through they're all good and very entertaining, upon rewatching all over the years, I'm sticking to the order of release as to the ranking.
I do like M:i-2 a lot, and think the story in M:i-3 is probably the most interesting, with the best cast of all (Philip Seymour Hoffman, Michelle Monaghan, Maggie Q, Fishburne), but the first film is still the most 'Mission Impossible'.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Wow, loved it, especially after extremely disappointing Expendables 4, M:i-7.1 looks and feels like a real movie.
ea4745aa-40b5-417d-9d6e-9dfae7e34999_text (1).gif

The car chase in Rome is incredibly fun, way better than those in Fast X and Indy 5, that's what it means filming it more real, with less CGI and green screen.
Amazing scene with 4 beautiful actresses in one 'room' - Rebecca Ferguson, Hayley Atwell, Pom Klementieff, and Vanessa Kirby. The train sequence is also awesome, not repetitive at all, as I heard some say. Overall I think this is my favorite action movie of the year!

P.S. After pressing Save/Post on Letterboxd, got a cool animation with scrolling text trying to 'delete' or self destruct 'the message', really great cherry on top!

Mi7Letterboxd.jpg