Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (Blu-ray Slipcover) (Walmart Exclusive) [Canada]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release Date: December 15, 2015
Price:
TBA
Link: TBA

image.jpg

The Impossible Stunts Edition: Exclusive packaging includes custom book with 48 pages of production images, storyboards, and set photos taking you inside the creation of breath-taking stunts.

Last edited:
Reactions: rj531
Gosh I hate Bilingual text!!!
It literally says the SAME THING only reversed and "LA" added! :banghead:
I'm pretty sure the French speaking people in this country can figure out that ROGUE NATION and LA NATION ROGUE are the same thing! :angry:

Sorry for the rant... I'm good. I'm good....
:bag::muted:
52806140.jpg

But it is true though. Many of us just hate it. Especially when it is like this where the whole title is practically the same. But we've learned to live with it because we don't really have other choices here and importing is expensive.

I'm pretty sure the French speaking people in this country can figure out that ROGUE NATION and LA NATION ROGUE are the same thing! :angry:

If we want to get technical (we do), 'La nation rogue' doesn't even mean anything: in French 'rogue' is used in fancy old-timey books to describe an haughty/arrogant attitude or tone :pompus:, or apparently to talk about fish eggs. :eggonface:

The only actual French connection to 'rogue' as it's meant in English here (unpredictible, mischevious) is in Old French derived from a Breton word (yay), 'rog' meaning 'tear' or 'rip', so in this instance you can see the link with 'rogue' as in 'rogue nation'. So it's a very tenuous link and in my opinion not appropriate in French nowadays.

So yeah, unnecessary translation but also inaccurate (imo). "La nation solitaire" could have been a better fit, if you must translate it — 'voyou', perhaps a better fit for 'rogue', seems too childish to me in this case, and every translation demands adaptation.

Reactions: bojee and kaw
Reactions: Sigill
If we want to get technical (we do), 'La nation rogue' doesn't even mean anything: in French 'rogue' is used in fancy old-timey books to describe an haughty/arrogant attitude or tone :pompus:, or apparently to talk about fish eggs. :eggonface:

The only actual French connection to 'rogue' as it's meant in English here (unpredictible, mischevious) is in Old French derived from a Breton word (yay), 'rog' meaning 'tear' or 'rip', so in this instance you can see the link with 'rogue' as in 'rogue nation'. So it's a very tenuous link and in my opinion not appropriate in French nowadays.

So yeah, unnecessary translation but also inaccurate (imo). "La nation solitaire" could have been a better fit, if you must translate it — 'voyou', perhaps a better fit for 'rogue', seems too childish to me in this case, and every translation demands adaptation.
indeed
''rogue'' is not a french word