Mondo Mondo presents Inforama (Tom Whalen, Kevin Tong, Matt Taylor) (June 24th, TX,USA)

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
We're excited to announce our next gallery show, Info•Rama, featuring infographic film posters from Tom Whalen, Kevin Tong and Matt Taylor that seek to illustrate and illuminate classics like Back to the Future, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Avengers,Star Wars and many more. All three artists will be in attendance for the opening night reception at the Mondo Gallery on Friday, June 24th from 7-10pm.

Mondo Gallery Presents: INFO•RAMA

We're excited to announce our next gallery show, Info•Rama, featuring infographic film posters from Tom Whalen, Kevin Tong and Matt Taylor that seek to illustrate and illuminate classics like Back to the Future, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Avengers,Star Wars and many more. All three artists will be in attendance for the opening night reception at the Mondo Gallery on Friday, June 24th from 7-10pm.

top-bottom_1024x1024.jpg

Founded in 2014 by Kevin Tong and Tom Whalen, Info•Rama has created infographic posters that are meticulously researched and illustrated. Previous examples of beautiful and informative artwork in the realms of science, technology and culture can be found at http://inforamaart.com.

"Since it launched, the Info•Rama project from Kevin Tong and Tom Whalen has been one of our favorite new developments in the poster world. We were excited to bring their illustrative infographic approach to our film properties, and adding Matt Taylor to the show was an incredible bonus. Sometimes collaborations come easily and feel really natural, and this is a perfect example of that," said Mondo Creative Director Mitch Putnam.

"Info•Rama, from the beginning has just been so enjoyable because Mitch Putnam, Tom Whalen, and I stumbled upon something that combines all the things we love: art, learning, and working with friends whose art we admire. I've been a big fan of Tom for years and Matt Taylor consistently delivers top notch intelligent work, so there was no question about having him join us. The work they've done for the show is among their finest,” said artist Kevin Tong.

m2.jpg

The Military Forces of the Galactic Empire (Regular) by Kevin Tong
24" x 36" Screen Print

m3.jpg

The Military Forces of the Galactic Empire (Variant) by Kevin Tong
24" x 36" Screen Print

m4.jpg

The Batmobile by Tom Whalen
36" x 24" Screen Print

m5.jpg

The Avengers by Matt Taylor
24" x 36" Screen Print

Info•Rama
Opening Night: Friday, June 24 7pm-10pm
Show Run: June 24 - July 9
Regular Gallery Hours: Tuesday - Sunday, 12pm - 6pm
Address: 4115 Guadalupe Street in Austin, TX​

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 156
  • Thanks
Reactions: charlie1533pr
Really cool stuff! Knowing D&L and Tong prints those Star Wars infographics will look amazing in hand.

yeah lot of cool ones. Could easily deck out my Son's room .... but I got a lot of incoming posters so I must resist.