What is the more important?

• Mondo branding

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • The Artwork

Votes: 71 89.9%

• Total voters
May 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

We are just exploring options for various steelbook concepts for our catalogue here at eOne UK.

One of the things we have looked at is Mondo.

As collectors how important is the Mondo branding, does it really add value to the collect-ability, or is it the artwork that is most important?

Feedback would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

eOne Direct Team

I'm new to this game so for what its worth, a great looking steel would tempt me more with a not so great movie than vice versa. Everyone has a favourite style/artist etc maybe even a specific look they go for. You won't get 100% consensus in agreement but i think its better to try something different rather than the generic/easy options a lot of steels have.

1. Film choice.
2. Awesome/relevant artwork.
3. Mondo branding.

UK ratings would HAVE to be removable stickers.
For me, personally, I've only bought Drive and Dredd from the current US/CA line of Mondo steelbooks. The other film choices either don't appeal to me, or I feel I have better looking steelbooks already (Looper, Terminator 2).

Looking elsewhere rather than Mondo may be the way to go, to separate yourselves from the U.S./CA line. That Predator art on the previous page looks awesome. I already own Predator, but at the right price I'd be tempted to get that design steelbook.

Reactions: eonedirect
Mondo is not "important" but is a added value. By that I don't mean I would pay extra, but it would make me more likely to buy it. It'd also be great if you speak with your colleges from eOne in Spain to release steelbooks. Their policy is just absurd!