MondoCon 5 - September 14 & 15, 2019

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
MC19.png

September 14 & 15, 2019 at the Palmer Events Center in Downtown Austin.
https://mondotees.com/blogs/mondocon-news/announcing-mondocon-2019

If you're new around here, below is a quick refresher on what the event is all about:

MondoCon 2019 will take place September 14th & 15th at the Palmer Events Center in downtown Austin, Texas.

Now on its 5th year, MondoCon is a 2-day celebration of everything we love, including movies, art, comics, music, toys, games and food. Located in Austin, Texas and curated with fans in mind, the event features incredible artists and creators from around the world, panels, screenings, food trucks, live score and interactive events.

Attachments

• MC.png
    MC.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 336
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought tickets cause @mllNY bought tickets ha. I was going to buy just a Saturday but then i bought earlybird which honestly is still smarter in the grand scheme. Most folks fly out Sunday so they dont attend sunday ... and most artists and vendors will hold back a little of the coveted stuff to have some stock for Sunday too. Not all, but most. But it makes it much more easier to get that item you want on Sunday versus Saturday when people camp out overnight!!!!! I don't do the camping unless it's going to be the craziest grail ever. And even then I've never done it. I mean it may be fun experience tho with some folks taking turns etc. I've just never had to.

I have a lot of vacation at my job, but I have used an INSANE amount of vacation already this year due to my mom's battle with Cancer. So it was hard pulling trigger on tickets when I look at the schedule and see it falls at a bad time for me as I'll have to likely burn 3 days of vacation. Leaving me with like 3 left ha. That's the current plan ..... but if things were to go bad with my Mom then I may have to make plans otherwise. Currently tho she is looking good and is almost out the woods , her type of cancer is highly agressive tho so its more about praying that it doesnt come back and in relation to this event not this year. Its MONDO CON 5 and I've been to them all so far and with all the crap I've had to deal with this year it would be a great break away to go to this and see some Ninjas and share some brews and BBQ!
Sorry to hear about your mom Wreck. I hope nothing bad happens and that she continues to get better.

Semi-related to Mondo-Con. A local Austin friend is putting on his own movie marathon on Thursday before Mondocon.
You can read a synopsis here: WAFFLE CON 2019! - Nerdlocker.com
You can buy tickets here: Events

All the films
All the prints (3 total)
All the swag - enamel, shirt, stickers and more!

And now for the bad news. I've unfortunately had to make the decision to not make the trip out to Austin. It's just not working, financially, this year. Which really bums me out cause I wanted to mainly go to just chill with friends and not be running around like at SDCC. Also I really want to make a trip to Galaxy Edge and there has to be a line moneywise in order to do it. :(

Probably also looking to sell my early bird ticket

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
Semi-related to Mondo-Con. A local Austin friend is putting on his own movie marathon on Thursday before Mondocon.
You can read a synopsis here: WAFFLE CON 2019! - Nerdlocker.com
You can buy tickets here: Events

All the films
All the prints (3 total)
All the swag - enamel, shirt, stickers and more!

And now for the bad news. I've unfortunately had to make the decision to not make the trip out to Austin. It's just not working, financially, this year. Which really bums me out cause I wanted to mainly go to just chill with friends and not be running around like at SDCC. Also I really want to make a trip to Galaxy Edge and there has to be a line moneywise in order to do it. :(

Probably also looking to sell my early bird ticket

That Waffle Con sounds really fun and really cool! Sucks that you can't go this year, bud. I hear ya, though -- it's hard to have the funds for everything and sometimes you have to give certain things the back seat no matter how much it hurts. Hopefully we can all make it in 2020!

well folks you can add me to the list of officially dropping out this year.
@tridon @mllNY @apsmith21

I still got the time off, as it was previously requested, but more bad news on my Mom today so its just too hard to go have fun in Austin when I could go to Houston instead and check/be with her for a good while (and stop in on my Pops as well)

well folks you can add me to the list of officially dropping out this year.
@tridon @mllNY @apsmith21

I still got the time off, as it was previously requested, but more bad news on my Mom today so its just too hard to go have fun in Austin when I could go to Houston instead and check/be with her for a good while (and stop in on my Pops as well)

Sorry to hear that, bud. I'd be going to be with my Mom, too. Those moments count and MondoCon isn't going anywhere. It'll be there for you for years to come.