Monty Python's Flying Circus: 50th Anniversary Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Network) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 4, 2019 (UK) - November 12, 2019 (USA)
Purchase link: Network - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Amazon USA
Price: £100.00 (Network) - £129.99 (Amazon) - £109.99 (Zavvi) - $114.90 (Amazon USA)
Notes: Network Store removes Vat at checkout with a delivery address based outside UK

Network Website
10% discount code WHIZZOBUTTER2019
Code Valid until August 31st 2019
10% discount has been offered to customers who subscribed to our interest list. The discount is ONLY valid for this release and expires 31st August or when the limited edition sells out, whichever is the sooner

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (1).jpg

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (2).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (3).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition.jpg

Last edited:
Monty Python's Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-ray Edition

EAqtkX9XUAEeFAs.jpeg

Price £100.00 (Vat included)
Price £83.33 (Vat not included)

Note
Customers based outside UK Vat is not included in price

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (1).jpg

Nobody expected Monty Python's Flying Circus to be restored on (Norwegian) Blu-ray!"

Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as:

• The entire series, superbly restored from the originals by Mr Arthur Pewtey.
  • Naughty bits put back in their proper places!
  • Box that explodes! (sort of)
  • Mr. Neutron made even longer than before... and other extended bits...
  • Restored bits!
  • Nice red uniforms! (not included)
  • Free Norwegian Blue parrot with every edition (not guaranteed to be alive and/or included*)
  • Cheese! (sorry, sold out)
  • David Frost’s telephone number (disconnected)
  • Anything else we can think of!!

THE NORWEGIAN BLU-RAY EDITION

Years in the making, Network is proud to present the entire original television series of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, fully rejuvenated for the first time. Sketches, some edited for timing, taste and copyright reasons, have been carefully restored to their intended length and the majority of Terry Gilliam’s animations have been newly scanned in High Definition and restored to a specification way beyond their original format. Hitherto unseen outtakes, film inserts and studio recordings have been retrieved, adding yet another dimension to this exclusive release. This is the ultimate television restoration and a must for every generation of Python fan.

• 7 discs featuring all 45 episodes presented series-by-series, for the first time totally uncut and beautifully restored from original film and videotape elements.
  • Limited exploding box Norwegian Blu-ray edition
  • Each of the four series comes individually packaged with a book by Andrew Pixley (four books in total) detailing an exhaustive episode-by-episode production history.
  • Previously unseen outtakes
  • Extended scenes and sketches
  • Restored-to-full-length sketches including Ursula Hitler, Cartoon Religions, A Book At Bedtime and more.
  • Rare promo films
  • And more to be announced…

THE RESTORATION
After nearly a decade of research and planning, this is a ground up restoration by Network’s award-winning in-house team working from the best available materials – from first generation 2-inch videotape masters to surviving negative and print film material, scanned in 2K. The wildly varying picture sources have been graded scene-by-scene and intensively cleaned up.

State of the art upscaling of Standard Definition videotape has been deployed with careful use of noise reduction for both video and film grain, resulting in a vastly improved viewing experience all round on Blu-ray High Definition format, far exceeding anything previously available.

Last edited:
ordered! :woot: site really slow, i think this could be a fairly speedy sell-out. :wow: and i love their 'Norwegian blu-ray' edition...

Order is up now. Took me 20 minutes to get my order. site is slow as hell. Some people are experiencing specific problems. The major one seems to be "Can't deliver to this address". People in Scotland and some Southern England counties are experiencing this problem. The set is region free and has serious limited extras like the Pixley book which will not be in the normal one. £100 all in including free delivery. So glad to get this. Never dreamed of a proper restoration of the show and a lot of the elements in HD. There will be massive demand from overseas especially the USA. The set is also in 5 languages unheard for a Network release. I'd say this is going to be one of the biggest selling blu-ray sets of all time. So glad I got my order in. Off to celebrate and grab a fish and chip!

Reactions: Grendel
Just successfully submitted my order (to Canada). :happy:
Their web-site was dreadfully slow (probably quite busy with this item) but in the end, mission accomplished!

edit As for payment @Tompa , I used ny CC vice Paypal and still have the impression they charged immediately.

Just successfully submitted my order (to Canada). :happy:
Their web-site was dreadfully slow (probably quite busy with this item) but in the end, mission accomplished!

edit As for payment @Tompa , I used ny CC vice Paypal and still have the impression they charged immediately.
Network take payment straight away when using their webstore

• Informative
Extra bit of info just in on the set.

The 7-disc set includes all 45 episodes plus extras in the original 1.33:1, restored in 1080 HD, with the original mono audio. The set will be coded for Regions A, B, and C, it’s available in 50i and 60i versions (which you get will be determined by your shipping address), and subtitles will be included in English, French, German, Spanish, Polish, and Portuguese. Each set will have a book and all video and film elements have been restored and all episodes restored to their full lengths and any material that had been cut has been put back in..... God can't wait until October....

• Helpful Post
Monty Python’s Flying Circus: Norwegian Blu-ray Limited Edition

• This is a PRE-ORDER for Monty Python’s Flying Circus: Norwegian Blu-ray Limited Edition and is only available while stocks last.
  • As this is a PRE-ORDER, PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY but the item(s) will not be dispatched until 7 October 2019.
  • The PRE-ORDER price for the set is £100.00 (including VAT at the current rate of 20%). Orders received from outside the UK will not be charged VAT but your order may be subject to local taxes.
  • Shipping costs outside the UK are not included, this additional cost will be added to the final total.
  • An exclusive 10% discount has been offered to customers who subscribed to our interest list. The discount is ONLY valid for this release and expires 31st August or when the limited edition sells out, whichever is the sooner.
  • When you complete your PRE-ORDER you will be able to review your order in your account’s order history.
  • When purchasing pre-order and non pre-order items together, the latter will be dispatched first.
  • This Blu-ray edition is available in both 50i and 60i versions. You will be automatically supplied with the Blu-ray that is appropriate for your region. See FAQ for details.
  • PLEASE NOTE: PO BOX ADDRESSES: Due to the high value of your Limited-Edition Monty Python set we will be sending them via tracked and signed for courier so we will not be able to accept PO Box addresses. This way your limited-edition set will arrive in the most secure fashion possible!
  • We are expecting heavy site activity when ordering goes live – if you cannot place your order at the first attempt, please try again later.

Tax Charges

All orders placed within the UK will incur a VAT charge of 20%. This will be included in the price as displayed on the website. Orders placed from outside the Europe will not incur VAT, this will be deducted automatically when you enter your address details into your account. Please note that international orders may incur additional customs charges which are not dictated by Network Distributing Ltd and that we are unable to mark packages as ‘gift’ to prevent customs charges.

Region codes

Please note that, as a UK distributing company, Network are licensed to release Region 2/PAL DVDs only. International customers are welcome to purchase from us, however customers outside of Europe must ensure that their DVD player is compatible with Region 2/PAL format before making any purchases from us. As all products are displayed on our website with their region code, Network are unable to take responsibility for customers who are unable to play our products outside of the UK. Any international customers requiring a refund for discs that are not compatible with their players may contact [email protected]. We will be happy refund any items purchased from our website, with proof of purchase, providing they are returned to us in a saleable condition. We regret that we cannot refund postage in these circumstances and are also unable to refund or compensate customers who have not purchased the product from our website; in these cases, the item should be returned to the retailer from where the product was purchased.

Placing an order

When placing an order, customers will have the option to pay using their credit or debit card or Paypal. Using Paypal, you will receive two emails, one from Paypal with your receipt and one from networkonair confirming your order with a nine (9) letters reference. Alternatively, if you pay using your credit or debit card you will also receive two emails from networkonair, one confirming your payment and one with your order confirmation details that also contains the nine (9) letters reference. Either payment method used please do keep these emails you receive for future reference or any queries regarding your orders.

Customers who do not receive these emails should contact [email protected] or use the contact us link on our website, our customer service team will be happy to ensure that the order has been processed, or resolve any concerns relating to the order. We endeavour to contact customers who we believe have not finalised an order after payment, however due to the volume of orders that are received, this may not always be possible. As such, customers should ensure that they have received both emails and contact us immediately if they do not, to avoid any unnecessary delays with despatching an order.

Credit Card Security

All credit and debit card purchases are handled by third-party vendors, who have stringent security measures in place. Network do not hold or process any credit card information personally and no credit card details are stored on this site.

Shipping And Handling

Sony DADC, who fulfill all of our orders, use cost-effective and fast methods to ensure the efficient delivery of your order. We constantly review our delivery rates to enable us to offer a great delivery service at a competitive price. With smaller orders, delivery is free of charge, however larger orders over a certain weight or size may incur a small fee of £4.32, which will be displayed in your order basket before you confirm your order. Please note that as a UK distributor, our facilities are set up as a UK customer delivery service. Although we are happy to fulfill international orders, larger orders may incur a shipping charge of up to £40.00, to ensure that your order can be sent via a safe, trackable method. In any case, the shipping cost will be displayed at the checkout, before you confirm your order.

Website sales

Network occasionally hold online promotions. We do reserve the right to withhold certain titles, such as Web Exclusives and new releases, or to remove exempt titles from our website during these sales.

Contacting Us

If you need to reach us, please use the contact page or email [email protected], where a member of our customer service team will be happy to help. We aim to respond to all enquiries within 48 hours, however customers’ patience is appreciated during busier periods (such as website sales). We welcome customer suggestions for release, however we are unable to comment on whether these may be possible and may not be able to reply to these emails at busier times. We also appreciate feedback on anything that we can do to improve our service, however, we do not tolerate abusive or aggressive emails, which will be deleted without reply.

Delivery Schedule

We endeavour to process all orders as soon as possible but customers should allow 28 days for delivery. However, customers who wish to check that their order has been received by us are welcome to email [email protected] or use the contact us page on our website, within this 28 day period, to avoid any unnecessary delays where orders may not have been finalised by the customer. Customers should allow for potential delays over bank holidays, Easter and Christmas holidays. Customers who are buying products from us that are intended as gifts for a specific occasion are advised to email [email protected], or use the contact us page on our website, to let us know so that we can do our best to advise on a delivery date for you. Network are unable to accept responsibility for non-arrival of orders placed for birthdays or special occasions which fall within the 28 day period unless we have been notified by the customer.

Returns and Cancellations Policy

If you’ve changed your mind about your purchase, please return it in its original condition within 28 days of receiving your order and we’ll exchange or refund it.

It’s important that any unwanted item, unless faulty, is returned in its original condition. We’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept all original packaging and labels, and that it’s undamaged and unused.

Refunds will be given at the discretion of the management within 28 days of receiving your order, however, Network are always happy to replace or refund any orders which are damaged in transit. In these cases, customers should email [email protected] where a member of our customer service team will provide a FREEPOST address and ensure a replacement is sent, or a refund processed as requested.

Customers are advised not to delete any reference email that will be sent when placing an order so that we can locate your payment quickly and easily, should a refund be required. Without the reference number, we may not be able to locate the payment. We also advise customers to let us know if they are returning an item to us for a refund so that we can advise if there are any problems receiving the delivery.

This does not affect your statutory rights

Company Details:

Network Distributing Limited
20 Berghem Mews,
Blythe Road,
London
W14 0HN
Registered in England No 1476436
VAT No GB 286309380

Order is up now. Took me 20 minutes to get my order. site is slow as hell.

Just successfully submitted my order (to Canada). Their web-site was dreadfully slow (probably quite busy with this item)
i ordered something else equally seminal from the Network site last week and it was super fast. i agree/think the slowness is entirely down to people buying this. :wow: