Monty Python’s Flying Circus - 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Network) [UK]

Added to Calendar: 10-07-19

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Release date: November 4, 2019 (UK) - November 12, 2019 (USA)
Purchase link: Network - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Amazon USA
Price: £100.00 (Network) - £129.99 (Amazon) - £109.99 (Zavvi) - $114.90 (Amazon USA)
Notes: Network Store removes Vat at checkout with a delivery address based outside UK

Network Website
10% discount code WHIZZOBUTTER2019
Code Valid until August 31st 2019
10% discount has been offered to customers who subscribed to our interest list. The discount is ONLY valid for this release and expires 31st August or when the limited edition sells out, whichever is the sooner

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (1).jpg

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (2).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (3).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2016
Croatia
Got the response from Network:

"Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we have been made aware that a handful of people have received their Monty Python’s Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-ray damaged.
This fault is confined to a small number of the substantial amount of boxsets that have been shipped since last week.
Our teams are currently assessing the situation with our delivery partners to understand the cause of the issue, and to formulate an appropriate response
Thanks for your patience and continued support
With kind regards"

Reactions: Grendel

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
Sigh, so we won't be seeing new boxes any time soon.
Yes, it's true I did not buy this for "The Box" but still, it's an integral part of the packaging and I think they are assuredly downplaying the complaints they received.
edit: yes, I certainly did send them an email identifying the issue. I'll post whatever my response may be.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2011
Wow that damage is crazy, I had planned to buy this but closer to when the 10% off promo was to due to expire forgot about it and was gutted as discount expired. I asked it the be another or one off discount answer was no. So never bothered with it having seen the issues with it glad I never but still a nice set.
I wonder what they will do with ones who received damaged or what they will do to improve it. The journey to me most likely would be like damaged like some have received. I personally would want this as the whole package nice packing makes it more special

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
Personally, I'd be quite happy if they just shipped me an empty box, as the internal contents arrived fine.
I suspect that is what you were inferring as well @Tompa ? Also, if they sent an entire package again I suspect the same damage would occur.
All they had to do was put air pillows or sterafoam between the season boxes and the issue would not have happened.

Last edited:

Lollard2002

Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2012
Belfast
Personally, I'd be quite happy if they just shipped me an empty box, as the internal contents arrived fine.
Sounds a good compromise to me. To be fair my outside of the packaging had a few dents in it but my actual box was intact and A1. The restoration is simply WOW!. I'll never loot at the show the same way ever again. Weird watching such pristine prints.

Nov 21, 2016
Croatia
Yeah box would work for me rather than a % refund. Like it was with Mondo Hellraiser cube for 7" vinyls. They had to send it 3 times to get it right from China haha.
Tons of glue reside, last minute assembling etc. But finally got it right.

One of the comments here was right. The reason why inside was destroyed is because post sticker was on a side, not on the top and quality of the paper inside was too weak to hold the pressure of moving the box. Also my box was dented outside... one corner was totally screwed and I guess during that process everything else got f...

I suspect that is whay you were inferring as well @Tompa ? Also, if they sent an entire package again I suspect the same damage would occur.
All they had to do was put air pillows or sterafoam beteween the season boxes and the issue would not have happened.