Monty Python's Flying Circus: 50th Anniversary Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Network) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 4, 2019 (UK) - November 12, 2019 (USA)
Purchase link: Network - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Amazon USA
Price: £100.00 (Network) - £129.99 (Amazon) - £109.99 (Zavvi) - $114.90 (Amazon USA)
Notes: Network Store removes Vat at checkout with a delivery address based outside UK

Network Website
10% discount code WHIZZOBUTTER2019
Code Valid until August 31st 2019
10% discount has been offered to customers who subscribed to our interest list. The discount is ONLY valid for this release and expires 31st August or when the limited edition sells out, whichever is the sooner

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (1).jpg

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (2).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (3).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition.jpg

Last edited:
It's cool to get these on fewer discs (because Blu ray has more storage space than DVD)- but I'm not sure the image can be improved over the DVDs.
The shows were videotaped and the remotes were 16mm.

All VHS and DVD releases over the years have been bluntly total crap. The show has never had any proper restoration in any form. All the film elements exist for every episode for the Monty Python series so this blu-ray set is going beyond the normal level of restoration. You are going to get genuine HD mixed with upscaled SD video restored footage similar to the recent Tom Baker season 18 of Dr Who and the Peter Davison Season 19 of Dr Who. Make no bones about it this is a seriously special occasion for all Monty Python fans. You know it's going to be good when the Dr Who restoration team are involved. They are the masters at this sort of thing. I think Network have been working on this for 3 years and keep it secret. Day one buy for me. I'm reminded when they did The Professionals. It had always been total crap and look how it turned out.

VERY excited about this!
I'm not familiar with networkonair.com 's selling practices though.
Is this something we buy;
- direct?
- Amazon?
- GB?
- other?

Looking forward to hearing more! :happy:

edit: I just subscribed to their site to "learn more".
I so hope I don't regret doing that by being deluged by various email ads...:watch:

Last edited:
Registered, looking forward to hearing more about this ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
VERY excited about this!
I'm not familiar with networkonair.com 's selling practices though.
Is this something we buy;
- direct?
- Amazon?
- GB?
- other?

Looking forward to hearing more! :happy:

edit: I just subscribed to their site to "learn more".
I so hope I don't regret doing that by being deluged by various email ads...:watch:
This limited edition Monty Python's box set will be exclusive to network store they have had exclusives previously before.

Example of previous Networkonair store Exclusive Limited Edition
The Prisoner 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Box Set
https://networkonair.com/all-products/2753-prisoner-the-50th-anniversary-limited-edition-blu-ray-

The trade wide release of Prisoner 50th Anniversary did not include the Books or 6 CD's and other exclusive contents
Trade wide release was just the 6 Blu-ray discs in a digipack

There likely will be a standard Blu-ray and DVD editions of Monty Python Flying Circus from network that will be released trade wide but will be different to limited edition box set

Last edited:
Reactions: Grendel and Robles
All VHS and DVD releases over the years have been bluntly total crap. The show has never had any proper restoration in any form. All the film elements exist for every episode for the Monty Python series so this blu-ray set is going beyond the normal level of restoration. You are going to get genuine HD mixed with upscaled SD video restored footage similar to the recent Tom Baker season 18 of Dr Who and the Peter Davison Season 19 of Dr Who. Make no bones about it this is a seriously special occasion for all Monty Python fans. You know it's going to be good when the Dr Who restoration team are involved. They are the masters at this sort of thing. I think Network have been working on this for 3 years and keep it secret. Day one buy for me. I'm reminded when they did The Professionals. It had always been total crap and look how it turned out.
Good points! I guess I assumed the DVD editions had been through a restoration process- and that was the best they could do.
Very exciting, then!:thumbs:

This limited edition Monty Python's box set will be exclusive to network store they have had exclusives previously before.

Example of previous Networkonair store Exclusive Limited Edition
The Prisoner 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Box Set
https://networkonair.com/all-products/2753-prisoner-the-50th-anniversary-limited-edition-blu-ray-

The trade wide release of Prisoner 50th Anniversary did not include the Books or 6 CD's and other exclusive contents
Trade wide release was just the 6 Blu-ray discs in a digipack

There likely will be a standard Blu-ray and DVD editions of Monty Python Flying Circus from network that will be released trade wide but will be different to limited edition box set

Paul, will this company ship worldwide - or are they regional?

From their Shipping & Returns page:
Please note that as a UK distributor, our facilities are set up as a UK customer delivery service. Although we are happy to fulfil international orders, larger orders may incur a shipping charge of up to £40.00, to ensure that your order can be sent via a safe, trackable method. In any case, the shipping cost will be displayed at the checkout, before you confirm your order.

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Grendel and C.C. 95
Worldwide and they remove Vat if you are based outside UK

When you create a account and are logged in you will see prices are listed cheaper than those based in the UK

I have used Network website especially when they have a sale on as prices end up been very good after Vat is removed

Shipping is not free for those based outside UK but with Vat removed you still save anyway

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
I wondered the exact same thing!
You will get regular email with releases details on new releases and notice of when they have a sale on

They do good releases and prices not bad most times for standard releases

Network are a distributor that provides their releases to Amazon/Zavvi/Hmv etc like Arrow films does with their releases
Some releases they have are network store exclusives

Prices on network store most times are cheaper for new releases than using Amazon/HMV/Zavvi

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Sony DADC fulfil all networkonair orders
Fast delivery most times in UK and Rep of Ireland

Parcels will have Sony DADC label on postal packaging just in case you wondering why
This may change though soon if proposal of Sony DADC distribution closing down in UK happens.

Rep of Ireland sometimes it's Primeline Express transport courier who deliver Sony DADC parcels

Pre orders can be very fast delivery at times as quick as next day after been shipped if you in UK/Ireland

Who I work for does security for transport company in Ireland who deliver for Sony DADC on ocassions.

Note when there is a sale on delivery can take longer due to amount of orders they get

It's definitely a worthwhile site to know. I was looking over their library - some very interesting releases.
I may have to get that complete MAN IN A SUITCASE blu ray when it gets released!
And I didn't know that they were custodians of the comprehensive 7 UP series.
The amaray cases they use with most standard releases are the slim cases 11 mm case same as you guys get in USA
Very rare when they use UK 14 mm amaray cases

Box sets and digipack releases will vary depending on amount of discs involved and if booklets included

The professionals TV series was one of their best sellers
Fantastic restoration was done

It's illegal for a company in the UK to Bombard you with adverts unless you give them permission to do so. I allow Network because I like to know about exclusives coming up like the Monty Python set. I have been using Network's site for over 10 years and have never had any problems with them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel