Monty Python's Flying Circus: 50th Anniversary Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) (Network) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 4, 2019 (UK) - November 12, 2019 (USA)
Purchase link: Network - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Amazon USA
Price: £100.00 (Network) - £129.99 (Amazon) - £109.99 (Zavvi) - $114.90 (Amazon USA)
Notes: Network Store removes Vat at checkout with a delivery address based outside UK

Network Website
10% discount code WHIZZOBUTTER2019
Code Valid until August 31st 2019
10% discount has been offered to customers who subscribed to our interest list. The discount is ONLY valid for this release and expires 31st August or when the limited edition sells out, whichever is the sooner

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (1).jpg

monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (2).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition (3).jpg monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder if they take payment upfront? And how sturdy is that box I wonder? Has anyone ordered from them before and how was the packing? Wonder what the shipping costs for overseas is on this as looks heavy.

Wonder if they take payment upfront? And how sturdy is that box I wonder? Has anyone ordered from them before and how was the packing? Wonder what the shipping costs for overseas is on this as looks heavy.

£90 all up to Australia with the special discount code.

I've only ever ordered from them once before with the limited Prisoner set, and this was like a few years ago. It was despatched by SONY DADC in a large cardboard mailer. It arrived damaged, but we were also having really heavy rain at the time so that didn't help. They sent me a replacement at no extra cost and that new arrived again from Sony, but this time insanely bubblewrapped and in a box.

£90 all up to Australia with the special discount code.

I've only ever ordered from them once before with the limited Prisoner set, and this was like a few years ago. It was despatched by SONY DADC in a large cardboard mailer. It arrived damaged, but we were also having really heavy rain at the time so that didn't help. They sent me a replacement at no extra cost and that new arrived again from Sony, but this time insanely bubblewrapped and in a box.
I take the prisoner set was way smaller than this? Think they might have have issues with cardboard mailer with this one,I take you ordered this yourself? Ideally would be nice to see a video of it first and sort of sucks you need to pay upfront but then saying at a lot of retailers do this also. I'm wondering how limited it is if leave longer and order later?

Shipping to U.S. was £21.00
That's not too bad I believe it be different depending on location considering that arrow charge £7.50 regardless if you order one item or several £21 does not seem to bad as this looks big or maybe the pictures make it look bigger than is.

I take the prisoner set was way smaller than this? Think they might have have issues with cardboard mailer with this one,I take you ordered this yourself? Ideally would be nice to see a video of it first and sort of sucks you need to pay upfront but then saying at a lot of retailers do this also. I'm wondering how limited it is if leave longer and order later?
depends - the large version is huge. just ordered it, so i'll let you now what the packaging is like when it arrives! :watch:

It's not THAT big. It's about the size of a dictionary (for some reason that's what pops into my head). It's 21cm x 26cm x 6.5cm. I just measured it because I still have the damaged one by my desk at work :rofl:
Prisoner Limited Edition is big and heavy

Prisoner standard release is different to limited edition

That's not too bad I believe it be different depending on location considering that arrow charge £7.50 regardless if you order one item or several £21 does not seem to bad as this looks big or maybe the pictures make it look bigger than is.
Look at the video. It shows you an idea of the size

Prisoner Limited Edition is big and heavy

Prisoner standard release is different to limited edition

Umm... Yeah, the Limited Edition is the one I have, and it's the same one I gave the measurements for. It's really not THAT big, and it doesn't look that big in the video either. It's height and length are smaller than a vinyl record. Things like the Alien egg box set or the Planet of the Apes heads would be what I consider huge.

It's also not particularly heavy either. The outer box is that kind of folded together card you often get with book box sets, and the Blu-rays and CDs are in fairly thin cardboard digipacks that don't have plastic disc holders. The inside is mostly foam and so the heaviest thing is the hardcover book. The whole thing weighs 1.5kg.

Anyway, let's move on. I think this is getting too silly!

Last edited:
Technicolor now process shipments for networkonair
Networkonair From 1st July we are partnering with Technicolor for our distribution to bring you a shiny new, improved service

Sony DADC now has an outsourcing relationship with Technicolor Home Entertainment Services (Technicolor) whereby Technicolor will handle distribution of home media releases for various labels networkonair been one of them

Rep of Ireland delivery will be same as before by Primeline Express or An Post
Will depend on your location in Rep of Ireland if it's delivered by Primeline or An Post

Interesting. Ordered the Avengers Cybernauts edition for pre-order and most people have got theres and I have still to get mine and this will be my 1st delivery with the new system. Getting a bit worried here...

Dear customer,

First, some slightly not-so-good-news - we’re really sorry that we have had to delay the release date of the magnificent box set until 4th November 2019

The absolutely spiffing news, however, is that during the course of the restoration, just as we thought we’d seen everything, yet more cans of film material emerged from other quarters that could, frankly, have been anything. We’re still painstakingly going through every frame of the archive but have discovered a wealth of Python nuggets, a lot of it unseen.

It would be impossible to include this material and still make the original release date but, it was an easy decision as not only is a lot of the material being seen for the first time, it is all being restored and presented in HD.

As a thank you for your patience, enjoy this preview of an exclusive, very rare and reinstated piece of animation we have restored to HD quality:

If you have any questions, please do let us know.

Thanks
The Customer Service Team​

Forgot to order this and I see the extra 10% off code is now expired which would have been a big saving maybe it will be on sale one day lol.

Can't see this edition being in a sale ever. They must have spent serious money restoring it and need to reclaim the cost back. I suspect they will do a basic collection next year at a cheaper price for just the 4 seasons.